Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2011, 05:40 AM

34 posts, read 53,388 times

Advertisements

I have had aspartame poisoning for 28 years.
Didn't know just what it was till 19.5 years later.--July 2002;
Have seen 38 doctors in the past 9yr. 3months;
Only (1) knew just how deadly it really is;
He was my 18th doctor, and it took me 3yrs. to find him;
IF you don't know just what aspartame is, go to http://www.whno.net/the_ecologist_aspartame_report.htm - that will give you 294 sights, it is the top sight, read it and you will find out just how deadly it really is;

Old 10-13-2011, 06:55 AM

34 posts, read 53,388 times
Default Why doesn't doctors in Oklahoma KNOW about Aspartame poisoning?

My Aspartame side effects--- 9-23-08
The worse thing it DID to me was eliminate my emune system 2009
Blurring vision
Tinnitus----ringing or buzzing sound
Dizzness--- unsteadiness
Confusion-- at times - like walking around in a fog
Memory Loss--Getting it commited to memory is very hard
Severe Drowsiness and Sleepiness-- about 2-3:00pm I run out of gas
Paresthesia or Numbness of the limbs--
severe Slurring of speach-- toung won't move fast enough-- drunk;
I quit drinking 1979;
Hyperactivity and restless legs-- every time I eat prevervities-
- like steak sauce
Severe tremors
Severe Depression-- at times
irritability-- at times
Aggression-- at times
Insomnia -- Some times I lay in bed for hours
High Blood Pressure
Itching without a rash-- severe- Take 3 loratadine @ day, 10 B-6 weekly
Hives
Gradual weight gain--steadly gainning weight
Suicidal tendencies

Old 10-13-2011, 07:15 AM

7,329 posts, read 16,424,313 times
I can't speak to the aspartame, but you are overdosing by 3x on loratadine, and you don't say how many mg the B-6 pills are, but you may be overdosing on those too. Some of your symptoms are probably due to this.

Loratadine Overdose

Though B6 is important, don't overdose

Old 10-13-2011, 07:07 PM

37,102 posts, read 41,261,487 times
Default Aspartame myths

snopes.com: Aspartame -- Sweet Poison?

Old 10-13-2011, 09:13 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,797,076 times
I don't care what snopes says--I had seizures for over 10 years b/c of that stuff. Haven't had one since I stopped consuming the poison. Every now and again I come across someone who describes having those same weird seizures (which I had diagnosed by a neurologist) and I ask about aspartame and sure enough, they are diet soda addicts or something. Aspartame is not a nutrient and it's not needed in the diet and if anyone is having problems they should stop consuming the stuff and see what happens.

Old 10-13-2011, 09:32 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,163,488 times
I think some doctors believe in it, and others don't, for the reason that it's hard to separate out the symptoms of diabetes from the side effects of aspartame.

Diabetes is a horrible disease with even more symptoms than the most hyperbolic description of aspartame poisoning. Aspartame was once used extensively by diabetics, and by people trying to lose weight - and both still drink it in soft drinks (last I checked, only a few of them have moved on to using Splenda - Diet RC is one).

Overweight people using aspartame are very likely to have some borderline diabetes, and thus again it's hard to say which symptoms are from which problem. Doctors KNOW about diabetes, but the knowledge about aspartame isn't as conclusive.

I do have to say, though, that when aspartame first came out I went whole-hog for it. Used it for everything. I don't know if it was coincidence that I developed diabetes soon after starting to use it.

And I DO mean I don't know if it was coincidence, it certainly could be, since I was a prime candidate for diabetes anyway: I was overweight and ate a high-carb diet.

Old 10-13-2011, 09:48 PM

14,016 posts, read 20,905,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacel0 View Post
It's hard to believe your putting your life in the hands of idoits; UN-knowing doctors;
The practice of medicine is incredibly complex. Something which is relatively rare, such as Aspartame poisoning, is likely to go undiagnosed, especially since those symptoms can have so many other causes. When most people tolerate something just fine, but when a few people have toxic reactions to it, then we enter into these grey, complex areas.

Old 10-13-2011, 09:49 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,163,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
I don't care what snopes says--I had seizures for over 10 years b/c of that stuff. Haven't had one since I stopped consuming the poison. Every now and again I come across someone who describes having those same weird seizures (which I had diagnosed by a neurologist) and I ask about aspartame and sure enough, they are diet soda addicts or something. Aspartame is not a nutrient and it's not needed in the diet and if anyone is having problems they should stop consuming the stuff and see what happens.
Could you describe the "weird seizures" as completely as possible? I had some kind of strange seizure-like activity around the time I was using it, but it stopped when I took Lamictal, an anti-seizure med used for something else.

Old 10-13-2011, 11:27 PM

37,102 posts, read 41,261,487 times
To quote myself from another thread:

I'll go with people who have actually done real research on aspartame:

Aspartame and susceptibility to headache. [N Engl J Med. 1987] - PubMed - NCBI

This study was done in a group of people who reported headaches with aspartame:

"We conclude that in this population, aspartame is no more likely to produce headache than placebo."

Aspartame is no more likely than plac... [J Allergy Clin Immunol. 1993] - PubMed - NCBI (on allergy):

"These results indicate that aspartame and its conversion products are no more likely than placebo to cause urticaria and/or angioedema reactions in subjects with a history consistent with hypersensitivity to aspartame."

Aspartame: review of safety. [Regul Toxicol Pharmacol. 2002] - PubMed - NCBI

"Nonetheless, additional research, including evaluations of possible associations between aspartame and headaches, seizures, behavior, cognition, and mood as well as allergic-type reactions and use by potentially sensitive subpopulations, has continued after approval. ... The safety testing of aspartame has gone well beyond that required to evaluate the safety of a food additive. When all the research on aspartame, including evaluations in both the premarketing and postmarketing periods, is examined as a whole, it is clear that aspartame is safe, and there are no unresolved questions regarding its safety under conditions of intended use."

And commentary on aspartame:

Science-Based Medicine » Artificial Sweeteners: Is Aspartame Safe?

Old 10-13-2011, 11:34 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,209,520 times
Aspartame gives me and my kids stomach cramps and diarrhea. Just a few sticks of sugar free gum will do it. This was years ago and took us awhile to figure it. Once we did we conducted our own experiments for a long time just to be sure. Yup. I told the Dr and she didn't seem to know but when I later got on the internet I discovered it was actually pretty common. Dr's ought to know this, it will save their patients a lot of grief.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness