U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2011, 11:10 AM

1,457 posts, read 3,566,092 times

Advertisements

Sorry for being long.
Many, many years ago I woke up with vertigo. Went to my General Practitioner, he experimented with meds, don't remember what. Some were for allergies as I had water in my ears which was always there. Nothing helped. Went to an ENT, did hearing/balance test. Results were vertigo, gave me antivert, helped the first time for about a month, but not after that. Also went to a neurologist. I had vertigo for I'd say about 7-8 years or so never finding the "magic" pill or the culprit to get rid of it. All of the sudden I woke up one day and it was gone. It was only positional, and only when I was laying down on my left side. I had been rid of it for about 2-3 years now. Now about 3 weeks ago, I woke up real dizzy. The repeating "stuck film" scene (as I call it) only happened that morning but I felt like I was on the verge of it all day that day. I went to my chiropractor as when I do feel slightly dizzy I get the adjustment and am good to go. Went twice that day, but still felt crappy. Felt like on the verge for the next 3 days, then the 4th day I had a real bad spell for 2 hours at work. Called hubby to pick me up on his way home because I knew I couldn't drive because I couldn't even walk straight. Then I was sitting in my chair, and as I do sometimes, I grabbed the back of my neck to massage it. All the sudden, the dizziness alleviated. I was in tears from being dizzy, and was happy it lightened up. I did feel crappy after that, I guess it would be like spinning for 2 hours. Went to the chiropractor on the way home. I still have the sensation of "on the verge" sometimes while I'm standing or sitting up, not all the time but enough to notice. And now at bedtime, laying down I get dizzy again every time. It does go away, I just have to get through the initial part of it. I'm hoping it's not the vertigo here to stay and it's something else. I did have a cold about 10 days before, but I've taken sinus/allergy medication just in case if it's water in the ears.

I've kind of been annoyed at my chiropractor and have been wanting to find a new one, so my question is would you start with your General Practitioner or try the Chiropractor? I totally believe it has to do with my neck only because of my massaging my neck that day, unless it was coincidental. I hate, hate, hate going to doctors, so I'm just wondering where everyone else would start first. I was just at my GP about a month prior to this for a check up with total blood work done, all good, just low in vitamin D which I just started taking this past week. Also when I was dizzy my blood pressure was taken at the Chiro which was normal. Thanks for any replies!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2011, 08:36 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,695,169 times
try a combination of the two if you can, also if massaging the back of your neck seemed to help maybe invest in one of those fancy shiatsu chair pads that go all the way up your back and to your neck

Old 10-26-2011, 08:33 AM

1,457 posts, read 3,566,092 times
Thanks for your reply! I'm pretty sure I'm going to do that, both. There's actually a Chiro right down the street from my work that I might try out, and I'm sure my GP would love to see me again. Just have to wait until after the 5th, mortgage must come first. I have a chair massager that my mom gave me, I wonder if that'll help. I'll have to dig that down from the attic. Thanks again!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness