U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 06:26 AM
RH1

1,160 posts, read 4,039,285 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeannie216 View Post
song, do you feel any different since you cut out the coffee?
Caffeine withdrawal can give people rotten headaches incidentally. I accidentally decaffeinated my mum when she was staying at my house a while ago and she felt really bad!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2008, 08:25 AM

4,730 posts, read 18,219,502 times
Quote:
Beneficial in what way? I was always told tea had more caffeine in it than coffee.
WebMD Health Search

It does help immensely with allergies. Also boosts your immune system. Green tea has a ton of benefits, but as with most things, moderation is key. All tea is high in oxalates and too much of those is what causes kidney stones. A cup or two a day for most people is fine.

Old 02-22-2008, 12:43 PM

7,574 posts, read 9,985,850 times
My last cup of coffee was tuesday morning and today is the first time my headache is subsiding. Does anyone know if black tea has the same benefits if a bit of sugar and milk are added or does it need to be taken without? Someone once told me to drink it black for the full benefits.

Old 02-22-2008, 01:48 PM

4,730 posts, read 18,219,502 times
Quote:
My last cup of coffee was tuesday morning and today is the first time my headache is subsiding. Does anyone know if black tea has the same benefits if a bit of sugar and milk are added or does it need to be taken without? Someone once told me to drink it black for the full benefits.
You will still get the flavanoids benefits from the tea. They are also present in coffee, but to a lesser degree. I use honey or Florida's Crystals usually for sweetner.

Old 02-22-2008, 02:44 PM

7,356 posts, read 17,925,711 times
Quote:
song, do you feel any different since you cut out the coffee?
I was never much of a coffee drinker anyway. I could take it or leave it but for some reason, I like to drink something hot in the mornings and I have heard all these good things about herbal teas and after someone had mentioned adding cream or lemon to them, especially the cream, I seem to enjoy the flavors a lot more.
So, to answer your question (finally)LOL, I don't feel any differently except for the fact that I have enjoyed experimenting with different herbal teas to see what I like and don't like. I like the variety so I guess you can say, it's a mental change.

Old 02-22-2008, 02:47 PM

I don't remember the headaches cutting out the coffee for tea but when I cut down on sugar and chocolate, I had really bad headaches. They went away after a couple of days though.

Old 02-22-2008, 08:30 PM

746 posts, read 3,288,095 times
I drink tea in the morning (whole leaf, brewed properly) and coffee in the late afternoon (just one mug) and find them both quite delicious. American coffees like Maxwell House and teabags like Salada are abominations and bear little resemblance to the real thing. However, trading up can really brighten your morning ritual.

I find tea gives me a "lift" rather than a "jolt" and arabica beans rather than robusta beans are less likely to cause the jitters. I have my 5pm mug of coffee, get a nice boost, and sleep well at night.

YMMV.

Old 02-23-2008, 10:57 AM

7,574 posts, read 9,985,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by litlux View Post
I drink tea in the morning (whole leaf, brewed properly) and coffee in the late afternoon (just one mug) and find them both quite delicious. American coffees like Maxwell House and teabags like Salada are abominations and bear little resemblance to the real thing. However, trading up can really brighten your morning ritual.

I find tea gives me a "lift" rather than a "jolt" and arabica beans rather than robusta beans are less likely to cause the jitters. I have my 5pm mug of coffee, get a nice boost, and sleep well at night.

YMMV.
So, would you suggest a health food store for the right kind of tea? How do you know what your getting?

Old 02-24-2008, 11:37 AM

Look for the organic seal (USDA certified) on the teas. Most of these are found in health food stores.

Old 02-24-2008, 11:58 AM

13,138 posts, read 37,946,119 times
Just remember not to add milk to your tea as the Casein from milk blocks the good healthy Polyphenols from protecting your body.

I usually drink 7 to 8 cups a day and have for years as i believe thats part of my Anti Aging Elixxer along with Exercise.

Milk wrecks the health benefits of tea - health - 09 January 2007 - New Scientist
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness