Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 02:58 PM

7,573 posts, read 10,619,859 times

Advertisements

I was considering giving up my daily morning coffee (with caffeine) for tea (with caffeine). Would this be a change for the best or is caffeine just caffeine? If so, I may just stick with my regular coffee ritual.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2008, 03:05 PM

3,106 posts, read 9,124,155 times
I'm pretty sure caffeine is caffeine whether you're imbibing coffee, tea, sodas, etc...

I know that caffeinated iced-tea, for instance, will give me the same WAKE-UP as coffee. But that could just be me.

Old 02-21-2008, 03:07 PM

4,729 posts, read 19,427,768 times
Actually the caffeine in tea is less and more beneficial.

Old 02-21-2008, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by groove1 View Post
Actually the caffeine in tea is less and more beneficial.
Beneficial in what way? I was always told tea had more caffeine in it than coffee.

Old 02-21-2008, 03:50 PM

3,106 posts, read 9,124,155 times
Looks like coffee does have more caffeine:

How Much Caffeine in Drinks -- Coffee, Tea, Soft Drinks -- Caffeine Content

LOL - I must make weak coffee.

Old 02-21-2008, 03:56 PM

wow, thats a big difference. Good to know, thank you.

Old 02-21-2008, 04:13 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,628,401 times
Jeannie, I wish I liked tea. I have thought about getting a sugar free Russian tea, because it seems to be just as satisfying as the coffee. I wish they made Russian tea commercially but have never been able to find it premixed.

I read a book that recommended herbal teas in moderation, but I have never been able to drink them. I just don't like most teas. It has been said by some that drinking tea rather than coffee will aid weight loss. My daughter has been trying to get me to give up coffee for some time now.

Old 02-21-2008, 04:56 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,341,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Jeannie, I wish I liked tea. I have thought about getting a sugar free Russian tea, because it seems to be just as satisfying as the coffee. I wish they made Russian tea commercially but have never been able to find it premixed.

I read a book that recommended herbal teas in moderation, but I have never been able to drink them. I just don't like most teas. It has been said by some that drinking tea rather than coffee will aid weight loss. My daughter has been trying to get me to give up coffee for some time now.
I was a coffee drinker and didn't like tea of any kind. Several months ago, I made a switch to mostly green tea. I add a little 1/2 and 1/2 and stevia to it and it tastes great. Green tea also has some good benefits. Antioxidants for one. I also add lemon every once in awhile.

Old 02-21-2008, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by songinthewind7 View Post
I was a coffee drinker and didn't like tea of any kind. Several months ago, I made a switch to mostly green tea. I add a little 1/2 and 1/2 and stevia to it and it tastes great. Green tea also has some good benefits. Antioxidants for one. I also add lemon every once in awhile.
song, do you feel any different since you cut out the coffee?

Old 02-22-2008, 05:24 AM
RH1

1,160 posts, read 4,234,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post

I'm really curious about what you've said above about "sugar free" Russian tea. What tea has sugar in to begin with? Confused but interested!

The table of stats was interesting. I always thought tea had about a quarter of the caffeine in coffee but it looks like it rather depends on the brand. I mostly have decaf tea as it happens, and if I drink coffee it's almost always decaf or it makes me really anxious.

Herbal teas are a bit hit and miss when it comes to finding ones you like. I don't like camomile or fruit teas, but I love some licorice tea I've got and a detox one that's got burdock and other ingredients in. Also peppermint is nice and good for digestion (it's the only tea my OH will go near) and fennel tea is quite pleasant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness