U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2011, 06:37 PM

469 posts, read 1,148,528 times

Advertisements

Normally (for countless years), I have had no recall of my dreams. Until...

Last month, I decided to eat a couple of ordinary raw jumbo white mushrooms (from Costco) before bedtime... specifically to avoid reaching for a worse bedtime snack, such as cereal.

That night, I had intensely fun and vivid dreams that I easily recalled the next morning. I was surprised that I had actually recalled a dream.

So I tried the mushrooms again. And again. And again. To my delight, the vivid dreams have continued, every night, without exception.

While my dreams aren't exactly psychedelic – as reputed with hallucinogenic 'shrooms – my dreams are extraordinary and magical. I've wondered if any mushroom might have some subtle effect.

Has anyone else experienced anything similar? (Mushrooms aren't an ordinary thing to reach for at bedtime.) Would any of you be willing to give this a try and report back? Just one jumbo mushroom does the trick for me.

I'm sure this sounds weird, but now I can't imagine bedtime without mushrooms.

Last edited by stevenvillatoro; 10-29-2011 at 06:54 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2011, 06:41 PM

15,849 posts, read 31,171,186 times
I don't know if mushrooms increase serotonin levels or not. But I know that when I take a Melatonin before bed, I have much more vivid dreams (that I recall).

20yrsinBranson

Old 11-10-2011, 02:23 PM

25 posts, read 42,930 times
I dream of eating mushrooms, they are currently fruiting in my mini fridge ... Ok I have been dreaming about growing LEGAL shrooms but only because they taste good and there is really nothing like home grown anything.

You really should not eat them raw, I assume you mean common button (Agaricus bisporus). It is best to cook them a bit which will kill off most of the nasty cancer causing stuff (carcinogenic hydra-zine derivatives).

Funny thing is some help fight cancer.

Old 08-20-2018, 10:58 PM

1 posts, read 3,570 times
Ive had freaky dreams after eating a pack of "baby bellas" for dinner. I just ate one large portabella before sleeping. Lets see what happens.
Perhaps fungal sporealating bodies all have some sort of mental stimulus

Old 08-21-2018, 02:58 PM

5,688 posts, read 6,886,135 times
I eat lots of mushrooms. Crimini, button, portobello, shiitake, oyster, porcini, etc... I dont recall ever having vivid dreams after eating them. But then I never really pay attention.

Old 08-22-2018, 09:03 AM

1,674 posts, read 798,114 times
What a strange, very random late night snack choice. An excellent choice, but it sounds kind of funny.
Perhaps it isn't the mushroom, but the fact you are avoiding cereal and other high sugary foods before bedtime. Just a thought.

Would be cool if the original poster came back with updates.

Old 11-18-2018, 04:23 PM

1 posts, read 2,918 times
Default Yesss

Heyyy I just registered to tell you that YESSS! I eat a soup of mushrooms and that night I had two vivid dreams. One was about pigs that came to life after being a bit cooked in the oven (?) so weeeeird, and the other was about a guy I was meeting, the dream was telling me that he was not a person I can trust. I want to go and buy some mushroom and eat one tonight to see what effect it has

Old 11-19-2018, 04:46 AM

3,058 posts, read 1,400,463 times
There is a B vitamin that will give you vivid dreams. For me, meat does it. Can't remember which one. I also can't take multi vitamins which are high in B vitamin.

Old 11-19-2018, 06:52 AM

13,049 posts, read 16,087,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenvillatoro View Post

That night, I had intensely fun and vivid dreams that I easily recalled the next morning. I was surprised that I had actually recalled a dream.

So I tried the mushrooms again. And again. And again. To my delight, the vivid dreams have continued, every night, without exception.

my dreams are extraordinary and magical.

I'm sure this sounds weird, but now I can't imagine bedtime without mushrooms.
I'm envious.....gotta give it a try

Old 11-19-2018, 12:08 PM

4,209 posts, read 2,832,665 times
I recommend this supplement. The company was introducing this as a new product and offered it at a substantial discount, basically giving it away. I ordered it and have been taking it and I really like it. It's a mushroom "complex" and contains a blend of 7 different types.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness