Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2011, 01:42 PM

2,664 posts, read 5,634,292 times

Advertisements

I am male, 25, but I basically look 16. I am secure with myself overall, but it is annoying because people tend to not take you seriously. I plan to be a cop so I def need to look my age and not appear like a kid. I got the inner confidence, and I heard all about wearing mature clothes, haircut and acting serious, but is there anything else you can do physically? I have a baby face with big cheeks,and I am having problems growing a good beard too, which looks weird on a baby face to begin with.

And don't say that I will be happy when I am older cuz I will look so young I am asking about now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2011, 02:08 PM

1,353 posts, read 3,915,827 times
Just be confident in whatever you do. It doesn't matter what you look like. Why would you want to look older for anything, I don't know. If they don't take you seriously, but some force in your voice.

But if you insist on physically looking older. Drink heavily every night. That will take care of it.

Old 11-16-2011, 02:20 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,712,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolshoi View Post
I am male, 25, but I basically look 16. I am secure with myself overall, but it is annoying because people tend to not take you seriously. I plan to be a cop so I def need to look my age and not appear like a kid. I got the inner confidence, and I heard all about wearing mature clothes, haircut and acting serious, but is there anything else you can do physically? I have a baby face with big cheeks,and I am having problems growing a good beard too, which looks weird on a baby face to begin with.

And don't say that I will be happy when I am older cuz I will look so young I am asking about now.
Quit fighting it and embrace it - that's how you'll look even more self-confident.

Seriously dude, it just is what it is.

You can't and shouldn't "do" anything physically other than what you are already doing (dress older and don't wear hairstyles that make you look like Justin Beiber).

In the grand scheme of things, this hardly registers as a problem.

And hey, be an undercover cop on cases were they need young looking cops to blend in with teens or college students

Old 11-16-2011, 02:22 PM

530 posts, read 779,659 times
Well, wouldn't this come in handy for undercover work?
Yeah, just act your age. This is the way the God made you, you need to improve on His work already?

No, you probably won't be happy when you are older, look how "happy" you are of your situation right now. You'd probably just be older and looking older and wondering why you look so damned old!

Chill. Don't sweat your situation. It'll just age you. Hey....there ya go!!

Old 11-16-2011, 02:26 PM

2,664 posts, read 5,634,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny how? View Post
Well, wouldn't this come in handy for undercover work?
Yeah, just act your age. This is the way the God made you, you need to improve on His work already?

No, you probably won't be happy when you are older, look how "happy" you are of your situation right now. You'd probably just be older and looking older and wondering why you look so damned old!

Chill. Don't sweat your situation. It'll just age you. Hey....there ya go!!

thanks for all the interesting answers

Old 11-16-2011, 03:15 PM

10,364 posts, read 20,794,697 times
I was going to suggest that you grow a beard but you can't do that so I'll just say that you should dress your age or even a few years older when you want to look your age. What is your weight like? Sometimes men who are overweight and have a baby face tend to look even younger that way. Of maybe you could work out more? But lots of teens have muscles too.

I kind of agree with some on here though that you have a prime opp to be an undercover cop--it must be your mission in life even if you don't know it yet.

Old 11-16-2011, 03:46 PM

7,329 posts, read 16,422,758 times
Except for giving that beard more of a chance, I don't have much to suggest. I'm just posting to say I know exactly what you mean, and I'm female. I had baby-face kind of features and always looked much younger than I was. Sometimes people who I had to deal with who didn't know me well didn't give me a lot of respect, as if I was a precocious teenager trying to play grownup. I can see how it could sometimes be difficult for a cop. Still, people are right, it is what it is, just accept it, and if you're good at what you do, everything will be fine.

Old 11-17-2011, 02:22 PM

233 posts, read 753,319 times
Drink
Smoke
Run up a hill with a log
Have more intercourse
Sprints
Squats
NO DONUTS BUDDY
Testosterone is always a good supplement to take although you would probably want to wait til you are 50 but hey why not now..

Old 11-24-2011, 06:05 PM

3,111 posts, read 8,053,995 times
Yep, start smoking 2 packs a day, and go to a tanning bed 2 times a day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness