Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2011, 04:46 AM

2,725 posts, read 5,980,423 times

Advertisements

Just wondered if anyone tried these yet? what do you think of them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2011, 06:43 AM

13,685 posts, read 9,007,828 times
I gave up regular cigarettes two years ago using electronic cigarettes, after trying for some 40 years.

I have not tried e blu. I use the eGo-T from Heaven's Gifts, a Chinese supplier (indeed, they probably supply most USA and Canadian internet suppliers).

Best electronic cigarettes_ecigarettes_eliquids_ejuices - Heaven Gifts

E-Cigarette Forum

The forum is an excellent place to read about the various types of electronic cigarettes. I, like many, started out with the type that 'looks' like a cigarette. However, most eventually find them wanting, and will, sooner or later, switch to another type (like the Ego).

As for the liquid: I buy mine from either Alien Visions or Johnson's Creek. Again, the forum has a subsection on liquids and you can read for hours.

Old 11-22-2011, 06:50 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,987,093 times
I haven't tried this one, but I tried another brand. I forget the brand but it was a disposable e-cigarette with 500 puffs. It was OK, and I really wouldn't mind giving an e-cigarette another shot, but there just seems to be something missing there and just doesn't quite do it like a real cigarette does.

Old 11-22-2011, 07:17 AM

13,685 posts, read 9,007,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
I haven't tried this one, but I tried another brand. I forget the brand but it was a disposable e-cigarette with 500 puffs. It was OK, and I really wouldn't mind giving an e-cigarette another shot, but there just seems to be something missing there and just doesn't quite do it like a real cigarette does.
That is why one must endure trial and error, until they find one that 'fits' them.

For one, get an electronic cigarette that has a good, strong battery, plus a reliable atomizer.

Second, the liquid: I like 'Boba's Bounty' from Alien Visions.

Alien Visions E-Juice

For a person switching from real smokes to e-smokes, do not make the mistake of getting a 'low nicotine' liquid. After all, your body will want the nicotine. I would get both an 18 percent and 24 percent nicotine liquid (for each flavor they have various strengths of nicotine, from 24 percent down to zero).

I tried 5 or 6 different types of e-cigs. No real cigarettes since April 2009, and I have not been tempted by one for almost as long.

Look through that forum I linked to above. All sorts of information. There is even a section where you can view videos of people showing off their latest electronic cigarette. You can get an idea of the 'smoke' they produce. Youtube will also have plenty of videos.

Old 11-22-2011, 08:54 AM

3,331 posts, read 5,956,158 times
I never used the e blu, but I do use the Joye eGo. I quit smoking real cigarettes within 5 days of using it. My wife quit 2 days later.

I use the Joye eGo because of it's longer battery life. The Riva is the same thing only non-Joye. My wife and are both eGo users. Prices vary so definitely shop around if you go that way.

My daughter uses a Joye 510, but she doesn't vape as heavily as the wife and I do.

Whatever you do, DO NOT get suckered into any “try it for free” things you might see on the web. They commit you to regular monthly charges. Same for guys selling e-cigs at mall kiosks.

The beauty of these things is that it feels as if you are really smoking, but you are not. You’re not burning anything. You even exhale and can make smoke rings though it isn’t smoke. It’s just literally water vapor you are exhaling. These are so not smoke, that I got permission to use it at my desk at work. I steadily work away, vaping indoors all the while.

If you want some more info concerning e-cigs, PM me and I'll be glad to share with you. I can't post some of the info in the forum as there are links to stores and other forums. Don't want to break the TOS, dontcha know.

Old 11-22-2011, 11:19 AM

6,896 posts, read 22,526,677 times
An eGo user for over a year...go to the forum E-Cigarette Forum and you can search for the eBlu you are looking at and get other's opinions. I studied the forum for over 6 months before making the switch but I had switched to roll your own cigarettes before I started vaping.

Old 11-23-2011, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I gave up regular cigarettes two years ago using electronic cigarettes, after trying for some 40 years.

I have not tried e blu. I use the eGo-T from Heaven's Gifts, a Chinese supplier (indeed, they probably supply most USA and Canadian internet suppliers).

Best electronic cigarettes_ecigarettes_eliquids_ejuices - Heaven Gifts

E-Cigarette Forum

The forum is an excellent place to read about the various types of electronic cigarettes. I, like many, started out with the type that 'looks' like a cigarette. However, most eventually find them wanting, and will, sooner or later, switch to another type (like the Ego).

As for the liquid: I buy mine from either Alien Visions or Johnson's Creek. Again, the forum has a subsection on liquids and you can read for hours.
Thanks for those links, I had tried one prev that looked like a cig, too much nicotine was in that one, that's why I tried the blue

Old 11-23-2011, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
I know what you mean, I'll keep using these to try and get off the real ones, the blu sure saved me today at Walmart

Old 11-23-2011, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullback32 View Post
I never used the e blu, but I do use the Joye eGo. I quit smoking real cigarettes within 5 days of using it. My wife quit 2 days later.

I use the Joye eGo because of it's longer battery life. The Riva is the same thing only non-Joye. My wife and are both eGo users. Prices vary so definitely shop around if you go that way.

My daughter uses a Joye 510, but she doesn't vape as heavily as the wife and I do.

Whatever you do, DO NOT get suckered into any “try it for free” things you might see on the web. They commit you to regular monthly charges. Same for guys selling e-cigs at mall kiosks.

The beauty of these things is that it feels as if you are really smoking, but you are not. You’re not burning anything. You even exhale and can make smoke rings though it isn’t smoke. It’s just literally water vapor you are exhaling. These are so not smoke, that I got permission to use it at my desk at work. I steadily work away, vaping indoors all the while.

If you want some more info concerning e-cigs, PM me and I'll be glad to share with you. I can't post some of the info in the forum as there are links to stores and other forums. Don't want to break the TOS, dontcha know.
Thanks, I didn't know there were so many brands of these, I think I'd be hesitant to add my own nicotine just because of the 1st one I bought that gave too much nicotine, course you never know

Old 11-23-2011, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrc60 View Post
An eGo user for over a year...go to the forum E-Cigarette Forum and you can search for the eBlu you are looking at and get other's opinions. I studied the forum for over 6 months before making the switch but I had switched to roll your own cigarettes before I started vaping.
Thanks, now vaping is a new word for me, no doubt that will get added to the next new dictionary
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness