Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2011, 11:02 PM

206 posts, read 768,135 times

Advertisements

so i was sitting at starbucks the other day for a long time wearing high heels when i begin to feel discomfort in my knees. i figure my knees are stiff because i have been sitting in high heels, legs crossed for hours. but after stretching out and walking around some the pain was still there. now its been about 2-3 days since and the discomfort and pain continues in my knees. the pain is on the outer edges right under my knee cap and is is only on that spot on both knees...i have never experienced this before so it strikes me as very strange and is freaking me out. i lead a very sedentary lifestyle where i spend most of the day in bed on my laptop and get 0 physical activity...i am very petite and weigh only 90 pounds at 4 feet 11 inches....im so scared and am praying my knees go back to normal...what do you think is wrong? is it my lack of excersise coupled with sitting all day and wearing heels when i do walk? or something more serious like arthritis? what should i do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2011, 07:57 AM

7,329 posts, read 16,417,593 times
Ditch the high heels. Start doing some excersize but don't jump into it full-tilt. Stay away from things like step excersizes that are hard on the knees, at least for now. Lots of people who have been sedentary cause joint injuries by trying to do too much before their bodies adjust. If you're sitting for long periods, get up once an hour and move around.
Hopefully, this will help you. You could have arthritis, but most likely not at your age. If it makes you feel better, I started having problems with my knees around your age. They've bothered me off and on through my life since then, but it's never been really debilitating and I'm now in my mid-fifties.

Old 12-04-2011, 11:00 AM

2,190 posts, read 6,849,515 times
yep.
get rid of the heels.
it's one of the worst things for the structure of the body.
just try not wearing them for a week (at least) and see if the knee pain improves.

Old 12-04-2011, 12:03 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,802,767 times
Swimming is one of the best exercises anyone can do as it is easy on the joints. Even walking in a pool helps many. Many Ys and gyms, even public pools, are indoors and accessible this time of year.

Old 12-05-2011, 10:33 AM

233 posts, read 753,224 times
yep..exercise

"doc i cant get a tan for the life of me"
"how much time do you spend outside"
"zero"

problem solved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness