Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 08:44 AM

2,126 posts, read 6,801,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdude View Post
i drink ~3 gallons a day.
I have a hard time believing that you drink 384 ounces of water/day. That is too much. Have you ever asked a doctor their opinion?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2007, 09:23 AM

144 posts, read 824,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lastra View Post
Speaking of water, do you like flavored water or you prefer "regular one"?

I do like Propel water. I found a powerded verison at Wal Mart that makes 64 oz....so sometimes I do drink that...but I try to drink more plain water than 'fake' water.

Old 09-02-2007, 09:48 AM

4,610 posts, read 11,099,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewAgeRedneck View Post
lilypad wrote:
Would never drink from the tap, though there is definitely controversy about tap water being no different than filtered. I disagree, on taste and side effects alone, so prefer the filtered or spring water.
I believe that you are very wise in your decision to avoid tap water. All other contaminents aside, FLOURIDE alone is a H-U-G-E reason to avoid the poison commonly known as tap water.

blessings....Franco
Now I am scared. All I drink is tap water and I drink a lot of it.
What kind of water do you recommend then? Especially for someone who drinks tons of it and has pets too who drink a lot of water?

Old 09-02-2007, 09:58 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,634,766 times
Roma, alot of grocery stores now have filtered or ionized water machines. You just have to bring your own containers. Is inexpensive that way. Or get a water filter for your tap, but they tend to be expensive up front. But over time pay for themselves. I just use a water company, and is reasonable, $18/month. They will deliver and pick up empty containers.

I am not convinced tap water is hazardous per se, I just don't like the taste and side effects (sore throat). Though there have been reports of dangerous bacteria found in some cities' tap water.

Old 09-02-2007, 10:06 AM

18,700 posts, read 42,045,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roma View Post
Now I am scared. All I drink is tap water and I drink a lot of it.
What kind of water do you recommend then? Especially for someone who drinks tons of it and has pets too who drink a lot of water?
It's definately going to be different depending on where you live. Where I live, we have some of the best tap water in the country. It's perfectly safe and it tastes good. When I was down in Grand Prairie Texas, I bought bottled water because you could smell the tap 10 feet away. When I was in South Carolina, it smelled ok, but was rust colored.

So you may be perfectly fine where you are. If in doubt, draw a quart jar full and have it tested.

By the way, I drink 7-10 one liter bottles of water a day. Sometimes more.

Old 09-02-2007, 10:53 AM

453 posts, read 2,100,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnc76 View Post
I have a hard time believing that you drink 384 ounces of water/day. That is too much. Have you ever asked a doctor their opinion?
i drink water all day long. i've been awake for about 2.5 hours now and i've had close to 3 liters already. i eat around 4000 calories a day and 300-400 grams of carbohydrates, and your body needs a lot of water when you eat that much.

Old 09-02-2007, 12:25 PM

4,273 posts, read 15,250,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdude View Post
i drink water all day long. i've been awake for about 2.5 hours now and i've had close to 3 liters already. i eat around 4000 calories a day and 300-400 grams of carbohydrates, and your body needs a lot of water when you eat that much.
Yikes! What are you, a muscle builder?!

Old 09-02-2007, 12:38 PM

7,841 posts, read 18,993,025 times
Default Laughing all the way to the bank!

lilypad wrtote:
I am not convinced tap water is hazardous per se, I just don't like the taste and side effects (sore throat). Though there have been reports of dangerous bacteria found in some cities' tap water.
Keep researching and you'll be convinced before this day is over!

rnc76 wrote:
When someone from the AMA reads a post like this they must be laughing all the way to the bank. Do we really need doctors to tell us how much water to drink? No wonder health care costs & health insurance are so expensive. Let us exercise some common sense instead of asking your doctor about water.

I rather doubt that mrdude is really drinking 384 ounces of water/day, but if he is, his body probably has some need for it.

blessings....Franco

Old 09-02-2007, 01:03 PM

36,413 posts, read 16,022,206 times
Wow did I click on the wrong thread or what, what a bunch of great water drinkers. I, on the other hand, TRY, to drink a lot of water. I get so busy at work I forget. I mean literally, then I drink a whole 17 oz at one time, like at 3pm or something. I am easily dehydrated. Got totally sick from it a couple of years ago, along with tons of stress, IBS, not eating right...

Should I continue? So the owner of my company was looking at my 3 bottles of Dasani on my desk and proceeded to tell me that it was TAP water. I said, well it tastes good to me...
I can't drink any of the Life water or Propel because of the citric acid, upsets my tum tum.

I know I have got to turn this thing called my body around, but it's hard

This is inspirational for me though. Let's see I am oh, i don't know about 133 so I need 66 oz or so. Love Math

Old 09-02-2007, 01:55 PM

453 posts, read 2,100,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foma View Post
Yikes! What are you, a muscle builder?!
yes, i'm a bodybuilder
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness