U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2012, 08:12 AM

18,216 posts, read 26,374,958 times

Advertisements

Try adding Juice plus. From what I've researched; it's worth it & better then the multivitamin. I'm going to order some for my daughter who also doesn't eat right.

Are you on any medications?

Check out the juice plus site; there are links to videos etc. I know a few people that take it; they said it has made a difference.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2012, 12:19 PM

530 posts, read 1,078,480 times
Have you've been checked for pelvic inflammatory disease? It causes abdominal pain, weakness and headache. Hand numbness can be caused by carpel tunnel syndrome and a bunch of other things. Maybe you need to go to a better doctor who can research more possibilities.

Old 02-06-2012, 06:30 AM

12 posts, read 13,926 times
Thanks will ensure give me more vitamins and minerals I am not getting from the daily vitamins? I have been tested for diabetes and I don't have that. Yeah fruits and veggies is what I need. The problem is I am like a kid when it comes to eating them. I just don't like em. I had a banana yesterday while at work. I have to bike to work today so besides my cereal and vitamin I might have some eggs. Oh I have a few good questions. 1 what do I get from a banana besides potassium? I am wondering if you get protein. Also how can I get my protein when I am rushed and have no time to cook protein? The other thing is what does lettuce give me?

Thanks Ill look at the ensure when I get to work.

Old 02-06-2012, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellar View Post
Have you've been checked for pelvic inflammatory disease? It causes abdominal pain, weakness and headache. Hand numbness can be caused by carpel tunnel syndrome and a bunch of other things. Maybe you need to go to a better doctor who can research more possibilities.
Yeah my doctor is free but yes I have had PID before. Once you get it it comes back. This is like low period cramps on each side of my pelvic area or a crossed that area. I had them yesterday and now again today. I am starting to after 2 years get used to them. I can't even tell if I am hungry anymore. It is weird. Also I have to figure out about my bowels. I always get the urge to go number 2 but nothing comes out? My doctor said more fiber so I use the fiber 1. Yeah I am trying to get a job where I can get good cheap health insurance. The free doctor is great but she can only do so much with the funding they have. Ill see in march what the gyno says.

Old 02-06-2012, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
My diabetic educator told me the V8 was a good substitute for veggies since I live alone and fresh veggies spoil so quickly. So keep that up!
ok good V8 Ill keep taking. Thanks

Old 02-06-2012, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDolphin View Post
So happy to hear you're going to revamp your diet...it can be a matter of re-trainng your palate to accept the new flavors. And it's not really too complicated to start eating more wisely.

Each day, try to make sure you eat something new..one day, maybe you eat a carrot, next day, a sweet potato, next day an apple..maybe a spinach salad with chopped apple (you can make your own yummy dressing with balsamic vinegar, a little mustard and a t. of honey) then maybe try making a simple black bean burrito with salsa and some of your favorite cheese...or try making a stir-fry with fresh veggies and serve over brown rice...then next day, eat two of the new foods...keep going until you're making most of your meals from the nutrient-rich foods as you wean yourself off the more harmful, garbage-y ones...

Pretty soon, over time, your mouth and body will be thanking you for giving them foods bursting with wellness instead of junk...

Thanks Ill try a new food at a time but lets not get carried away lol. Tomorrow is my big food shopping day so I am going to buy something healthy besides the bananas.

Old 02-06-2012, 06:45 AM

Ill talk with my doctor about that and see if she can retest my hemoglobin.

Old 02-06-2012, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Try adding Juice plus. From what I've researched; it's worth it & better then the multivitamin. I'm going to order some for my daughter who also doesn't eat right.

Are you on any medications?

Check out the juice plus site; there are links to videos etc. I know a few people that take it; they said it has made a difference.
I have found juice plus on line and it looks like it has lots of vitamins and minerals. If your daughter is starting to become a picky eater please get her help asap before she becomes 28 and still eats macaroni and cheese, ramen noodles and cocoa puffs.

Old 02-06-2012, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrc60 View Post
I don't care what you've heard; but ketchup is not a vegetable.

You have a serious problem then. I'd suggest you look into a vegan diet. I have friends that have made the switch recently and are feeling the difference. They live for smoothies and its a great way to get fruits and veggies into your diet.
Yeah I know someone who is a vegan and e is extremely healthy. If I ate fruits and veggies I would become vegan.

Old 02-06-2012, 06:55 AM

Well time to get up off the couch and get ready to bike to work. agg if I was in better health I would have a more enjoyable ride but the biking helps. thanks everyone I will try your suggestions especially the hardest one of eating a new food every day or couple days. thanks again
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness