U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2012, 09:56 PM

12 posts, read 13,489 times

Advertisements

Hi my name is Jessy. I am only 28 and bike every day 5 miles one way. I recently started biking again. Anyway I have a medical dilemma that not even my doctor can figure out.I am at my wits end with this medical issue and don't know what is causing it. Ok to explain for the past 2 years I have had stomach trouble but not the usual. Cramps in my pelvic area. I get constipation so my doctor said more fiber. Did not help. I also get bad headaches started recently back in october. I have trouble with feeling weak all the time and i am always tired.There is something not right about me and I can feel it. My eyesight seems to always be foggy. I mean I have poor vision anyway but it got bad one day and ever since it has been bad. I always feel hungry alot. The recent weirdness to my illness comes at night my hands get numb and I have to sleep on my back so they don'tgo numb. My right hand gets it the worst and my middle finger on that hand gets so bad it is in excruciating pain. I go to the er alot over my pelvic pain.

The er tests my ovaries for cysys nothing. My doctor says my red blood cell count is low. I was tested 2 years ago for anemia I don't have it. Also tested for thyroid troubles around the same time and nothing. At that time my white cell count was low. My doc put me on herpes medication and the white cell count went up and red cell count down. She does not know what is wring with me. For 2 years I have been trying to find out answers. I gained 10-15 lbs also and just feel scared. I have had all the std tests and hep c and b. and still nothing. My periods are messed up, causing spotting all month so my doctor is referring me to a gyno. I am scared about the red blood cell count being low. I have trouble concentrating and thinking. I am too young to bend over and be out of breath and feel like oooooo an old lady hurting. If anyone out there can point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated. I have a loving boyfriend who is by my side but he is getting sick of me always feeling sick.

Thanks for reading my post and please reply thanks
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2012, 06:46 AM

13,253 posts, read 39,175,776 times
Your gynecologist will probably find the answer. If you're being referred to one, after two years, it sounds like you haven't been to one because until now, you haven't had one. At age 28, you should have been getting yearly gynecological checkups for the past 14 years (or since you first started menstruating, if not sooner).

Old 02-03-2012, 10:07 AM

5,739 posts, read 10,638,467 times
How's your diet? Do you eat a lot of processed foods, fast foods? What about foods/sodas with aspartame? How often do you eat green leafy vegetables, beans, whole grains? Do you drink water ? What's your beverage of choice? Often cleaning up our diets can clean up our health, too. Junk foods equal junk health. Do you take any supplements/vitamins/minerals?

Old 02-03-2012, 11:01 AM

32,525 posts, read 32,868,588 times
Gynecologist for a full exam and bloodwork. Were it me I'd go ASAP.

Old 02-03-2012, 11:33 AM

699 posts, read 2,021,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JESSYMOJO View Post
The recent weirdness to my illness comes at night my hands get numb and I have to sleep on my back so they don'tgo numb. My right hand gets it the worst and my middle finger on that hand gets so bad it is in excruciating pain.
this has nothing to do with the rest of your issues.

fingers that go numb and tingle are generally connected to
a pinched nerve in the shoulder area, usually where the
bottom of the neck meets the shoulders.

generally connected to stress, sometimes injury.
i'd bet stress, because your other issues are serious.

maybe try heat (hot pack, hot shower) or
get a neck, back and shoulder massage.

ps. get to the gyno and find out what's going on.
the uncertainty is producing stress.

feel better.

Old 02-03-2012, 11:57 AM

From your symptoms, I wonder if you might have aspartame poisoning from diet foods/sodas/juices:

"The most common symptom related to aspartame poisoning is headache. Other symptoms...include problems with vision: blurred vision, blindness, and other eye problems. There have been cited reports of emotional and mental health issues as well. Some people reported memory loss, depression, mood issues, vertigo, and anxiety. Nausea and other stomach disorders are prevalent in aspartame poisoning. Other severe physical symptoms are also associated with aspartame poisoning. These include muscle cramping and joint pain, loss of energy, and heart attack-like symptoms.

read more here: Side Effects Of Aspartame

All your symptoms seem to fit, including the eye problems...

Old 02-03-2012, 10:17 PM

Wow thank you everyone for the help and advice. For the past 2 years I have been going to the public health department for my paps. My doctor is a free clinic that the first baptist church set up. They only get funding for certain things and the gyno is not one but the best gyno in town is coming to their clinic for free in march. I just started a multi vitamin the last pay check so as of January 2012 I have a daily multi vitamin.

As of my diet I am the pickiest eater on earth so here goes my list.

Drinks: only, water my favorite, milk with cereal, chocolate milk, orange juice, once in a blue moon apple juice. I like fruit punches and some orange juices but beverages with caffine in them I can't stand. Mostly that fizzy feeling.

Dairy: I love dairy foods mmmmmm cheese and ohh eggs is good.

Grains: I am italian so all I eat is pasta.

Meat: ground beef, chopped ham, bacon. I don't do poultry or steak or any other kind of meat.

Fruit and veggies: once in a while a banana, orange juice and salad on occasion every week or 2. Nothing on the salad but letuce and dressing. potato chips, and french fries count as a veggie so does ketchup and forms of tomato sauce. My mom says no.

I love chocolate and junk food. Anyway My fingers going numb is like a night time thing. Like in the night they go numb but if I sleep on my back hands to side i am ok. My headaches are less now and the numb fingers seem more and more that I can sleep how I want with out it affecting me. It is all weird. A friend said it seems my headaches are from the sun but I just don't know. My stomachaches started as small sharp pains on each side of my pelvic region so every er wanted to test me for cysts but now it is just like period cramps when I am not having my period. None of my symptoms are sever. They are all mild but annoying.

What got me through the other day was riding my bike the 5 miles to work. Either the physical activity helped or it just took my mind off of it so yeah I will live till I get to the gyno.

Thanks for all the help and advice.

Hey how long do I have to be on the multi-vitamins before I start to see if it was my diet?

Old 02-04-2012, 08:22 AM

If you don't mind me saying, your diet could use a good tweaking...

--Chopped ham and bacon--filled with nitrates. Google nitrates and see what they can do to you.
--Only pasta--unless it's whole wheat pasta, you're way short on eating whole grains such as brown rice, barley, oats, rye and others
--You're way short on green leafy vegetables such as spinach, kale, collards--and missing out on nutrients from cabbage, broccoli, carrots, squash, bell peppers, sweet potatoes. And you could add in apples, bananas, berries, oranges, strawberries, and melons when in season.
--No mentions of legumes/beans. They're powerhouses of healthy nutrients. What about making/eating a good chili with onion, garlic, bell pepper, pinto beans in a tomato based sauce? Or making black bean burritos?
--Junk food--you're getting high doses of bad fats and chemical additives

To be blunt, your diet is falling way short of supplying you with the nutrients you need to be healthy. You're like a car, trying to run your body on bad fuel...

If it were me, I'd pay for a consultation with a dietician or nutritionist and get help in designing a healthy diet for you that will help you get rid of all those symptoms you have from running on "bad fuel."

If you want wellness and to be free from your headaches, stomach aches, nerve problems, fatigue, eye problems, you need to get better fuel. If you don't, your body's engine could be headed for a major overhaul...

Old 02-04-2012, 10:20 AM

Wow I guess I need to start changing if I want to be healthy. It is a hard realization for me because as early as a child I had this eating disorder. I have now started drinking the v8 with veggies and fruit. I have a few good drinks with my daily vitamin. I want to eat healthy but that food is just well as kid would say gross. So I need a way to get my nutrients from fruits and veggies. Today I felt bad when I got up. Not a headache but stomach trouble and I felt like weak and sick. Yeah My diet has been bad since I was in elementary school. I don't eat the ham and bacon a lot, maybe once a month for bacon and ham once a week. Maybe this will explain why my red blood cell count is low because that is scaring me. well thanks everyone for the advice. I must start on tuesday when I get groceries buy a big bunch of bananas and something else healthy. I feel now if I start changing the way I eat I might be able to get back to healthy. Is there anything I can do to get vitamins and minerals besides the V8 and vitamin? Maybe a daily drink?

But really thanks again everyone

Old 02-04-2012, 11:10 AM

18,690 posts, read 23,235,636 times
You could suppliment your diet with Ensure, it's kind of like a shake in a can. Has lots of vitamins and minerals. You need to eat Oranges, grapes, apples, melons, bananas. Potato chips and french fries are not a vegetable, they are starches and are not good for you all the time. Try bulking up your salads with shredded cheese, maybe some chick peas, olives, croutons, your could put some diced ham on you salad. Cut down on the pasta. Have you been checked for diabetes, high BP or cholesterol? You are young so now is the time to start taking better care of your health. also cut down on the amount of sodium too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness