Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2009, 09:45 AM

1 posts, read 54,138 times

Advertisements

If you have experience or knowledge about pinworms, please read.

I have had pinworms since the last July. (The main culprit is bad meat.)
The initial infection was heavy enough to realize I had pinworms, and I was treated with medication. The next day, they were gone and I was ready to forget about the whole thing. I took the second dosage (even the third and the fourth just to be safe) but after a month or so, they came back. I was treated with different medications several times, but nothing worked.

Now the thing is, I have never felt anything like the itchiness of the initial infection. But I do get this tiny, tingly feeling down there, like a worm just moved. And I know it's not caused by a rash. It's a very unique, particular feeling, like something wet just slided. I read there are other people who are experiencing exactly the same thing: tingly sensation around the anus, some of the symptoms but no itching.

For the last six months I have felt the same thing over and over again. It continues on, subsides for a few days -probably due to my multiple attacks-, 2-3 days at least, 1 week the most, but right when I start rejoicing and celebrating, it starts again. What is the reason for this? Why don't I get intense itching if I keep reinfecting myself? - there were periods where I did nothing to fight them, and the infection did not intensify- I really need an explanation.

I eat everything I should during a pinworm infection (pumpkin seeds, garlic -there is not a day I don't eat at least 8 cloves of garlic-, spices -I never cook anything without adding my fav. spices, one of which is curry-, carrots). I became a hygiene freak, I wear masks and gloves in the toilet, and wash my hands with disinfectant, but they simply won't leave me.

I also have some of the symptoms like that weird mouth odour I had during the first infection, mouth problems, stomach pain, and weight loss. But none of these are intense enough to convince my parents I still have them.

I will have the scotch tape test done soon. But meanwhile, I'm searching for herbal treatments. I hear Clarkia is really good. Anyone ever used that and got good results? I have put all my hope in that product.

This is supposed to be a child disease. It's supposed to be treated with two dosage of any anti-pinworm meds out there. I don't understand it, and it's driving me mad. I'm absolutely horrified at the notion of being one of those people who say "I've had them for the last 30 years!". Please help.

Old 11-20-2009, 10:03 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,924,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah88 View Post
If you have experience or knowledge about pinworms, please read.

I have had pinworms since the last July. (The main culprit is bad meat.)
The initial infection was heavy enough to realize I had pinworms, and I was treated with medication. The next day, they were gone and I was ready to forget about the whole thing. I took the second dosage (even the third and the fourth just to be safe) but after a month or so, they came back. I was treated with different medications several times, but nothing worked.

Now the thing is, I have never felt anything like the itchiness of the initial infection. But I do get this tiny, tingly feeling down there, like a worm just moved. And I know it's not caused by a rash. It's a very unique, particular feeling, like something wet just slided. I read there are other people who are experiencing exactly the same thing: tingly sensation around the anus, some of the symptoms but no itching.

For the last six months I have felt the same thing over and over again. It continues on, subsides for a few days -probably due to my multiple attacks-, 2-3 days at least, 1 week the most, but right when I start rejoicing and celebrating, it starts again. What is the reason for this? Why don't I get intense itching if I keep reinfecting myself? - there were periods where I did nothing to fight them, and the infection did not intensify- I really need an explanation.

I eat everything I should during a pinworm infection (pumpkin seeds, garlic -there is not a day I don't eat at least 8 cloves of garlic-, spices -I never cook anything without adding my fav. spices, one of which is curry-, carrots). I became a hygiene freak, I wear masks and gloves in the toilet, and wash my hands with disinfectant, but they simply won't leave me.

I also have some of the symptoms like that weird mouth odour I had during the first infection, mouth problems, stomach pain, and weight loss. But none of these are intense enough to convince my parents I still have them.

I will have the scotch tape test done soon. But meanwhile, I'm searching for herbal treatments. I hear Clarkia is really good. Anyone ever used that and got good results? I have put all my hope in that product.

This is supposed to be a child disease. It's supposed to be treated with two dosage of any anti-pinworm meds out there. I don't understand it, and it's driving me mad. I'm absolutely horrified at the notion of being one of those people who say "I've had them for the last 30 years!". Please help.
This is a disturbing post. Pinworm infestation is not just a "child disease" it is a result of unclean habits and surroundings. A persistant or recurring condition suggests unclean surroundings that allow re-introduction of the eggs into the body. Get professional medical help ASAP. While pinworm by themselves my not be serious the additional symptoms you have listed should not be ignored. In the meanwhile, wash bedding in HOT water and Clorox!

I repeat, seek professional medical assistance without delay.

Old 11-20-2009, 11:33 AM

2,901 posts, read 12,724,461 times
I've dealt with parasites.
Many people have them in some form or other and don't realize it.
There is no shame in this.

First, you need to be having good bowel movements.
Everyone does but if you're dealing with parasites it's absolutely crucial and it doesn't matter what your ingesting to combat them if you're not eliminating well and regularly.
So the first link i supplied is for a product that will help your bowel movements and support internal cleansing.
You take this daily on an empty stomach and you make sure to drink at least 16 oz. of water with it. (just follow instructions).
If you're still not having full bowel movements, take a couple of Cascara Sagrada capsules with it to further support/stimulate paristalsis.
I also supplied a link to an excellent product by an excellent company.
"Internal Parasite Formula" by HealthForce Nutritionals.
I've used this product and it works!
It will take some time .... be patient and be thorough.
On there web-site you may explore some complimentary products but it's this formula that you will start with.
None of these products are over the top expensive.
Get going on this now ... do not delay.
You can successfully address this issue without an m.d. imo .... and without drugs! ... which didn't seem to be effective anyhow.
Test all you want for whatever but if you've got a parasite issue and you know it, why not just address the issue in a powerful (and natural) way?
In the process you will learn about your colon and improve its overall health which will improve the health of your whole system.
But don't delay.
Finally, at the bottom of the page i provided a link to a very good product (Ejuva) that i used many years ago.
However it is quite expensive and i do not know if the company has maintained there integrity.
Good luck.
p.s. ... i don't know where you live but the first 3 products can be found (or ordered through) any good health food store.

Planetary Herbals, Tri-Cleanse Complete Internal Cleanser, 10 oz (283.5 g) - iHerb.com

Cleansing (http://www.healthforce.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&c ategory_id=4&Itemid=65 - broken link)

Buy Nature's Way Cascara Sagrada Aged Bark 425 mg, VCaps Online at drugstore.com

Ejuva Products

Last edited by coyoteskye; 11-20-2009 at 11:49 AM..

Old 11-20-2009, 04:40 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,814,714 times
There's way more to erradicating them than just taking the pills. You have to use bleach on underwear and sheets every day, in the wash, for I think 2weeks. You have to vacuum and wash all rugs with bleach. The eggs are cysts that can live literally for years.

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 11-21-2009 at 01:23 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 11-21-2009, 08:48 AM

2,178 posts, read 9,576,519 times
Also, if you are constantly being reinfected, everybody in the house needs to be treated or all of you are just passing them around over and over..

My kids had them when they were small and kept getting them. I realized they kept getting them from the neighbors kids who refused to treat her kids. I stopped my kids from playing with them and the problem was solved.

Old 01-23-2010, 10:46 AM

1 posts, read 53,448 times
Default Unfortunatley, I'm an expert...

My family got pinworms when I was 18. I suspect that I may have been the one who got them first and then they spread to the household.

We got the medicine and everyone got better. Then I had the exact same experience that this post described. They just wouldn't go away.

So here I am, 12 years later and I still have them. I tried every different medicine so many time. I changed my doctor 10 times to try to get a fresh person to help me. Cleanses, herbs, treatments and constant washing have failed over 12 years to get rid of them.

interesting also, there were times when I was fighting them hard, restricted diet, enimas, lots of juicing with garlic etc...but it just made it worse! The times that I did nothing to fight it, it almost seemed to somewhat subside. I think that when you make your body an inhospitable place for them, you start to drive them out in droves, and you become extremely sympomatic so that the problem seems "worse". And if you just leave them alone they "hide" and don't bother you as much.

I was on a great forum once, from the UK. Hundreds of people, mostly young people, posting on this subject. And what I found out from reading that forum was that they don't really know all about this parasite. Doctors only know what is in thier book, and they cant deviate in thier thinking if your disease is not behaving in the textbook way. It's not like on TV where they will investigate. Doctors dont want to help with my problem because it's not in the book. But the facts are:

Some people get this and it doesn't "just go away"
The medicine that is supposed to kill this is worse than useless.
That medicine probably works on little kids but not adults.
There really is no cure for this.

Old 01-24-2012, 08:21 AM

1 posts, read 49,904 times
I got these worms 2 years ago when I was staying at a friend's house. Since them I have gone to multiple doctors and been helped ZERO times. The OTC medicine? I have drank gallons, taken prescription meds, done all of the "home remedies", bleached and washed everything like a maniac(my hands are red and raw always from washing).
I have not had one night of relief in 2 years(unless I get drunk as hell).
This is not a cycle of cure/reinfection as I have never been cured.

I gathered up the nerve again to goto doctors yesterday, as these worms now inhabit my vagina too.
How it went? After an emotional description and plea for help, the doctor told me I am crazy, imagining it all. No tests, No help, No suggestions, No referral.

They actually LAUGHED about it.

I think suicide is the only way to escape this wormy nightmare....

Old 01-24-2012, 09:46 AM

11,495 posts, read 26,866,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by COOCOOCOCO View Post
I got these worms 2 years ago when I was staying at a friend's house. Since them I have gone to multiple doctors and been helped ZERO times. The OTC medicine? I have drank gallons, taken prescription meds, done all of the "home remedies", bleached and washed everything like a maniac(my hands are red and raw always from washing).

I gathered up the nerve again to goto doctors yesterday, as these worms now inhabit my vagina too.
How it went? After an emotional description and plea for help, the doctor told me I am crazy, imagining it all. No tests, No help, No suggestions, No referral.

It's time to see a different doctor. I think you should file a complaint against that doctor...if you are imagining it, then you need help for that.

Old 01-25-2012, 04:38 PM

37,110 posts, read 41,246,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by COOCOOCOCO View Post

How do you know you have pinworms if you have not been tested? Have you done the scotch tape test?

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0002137/

Old 01-27-2012, 08:42 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,275,560 times
I eat diatomachious earth twice a week to get rid of any intestinal parasites or worms.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness