Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 08:43 PM

1 posts, read 14,406 times

Advertisements

yeah my name is david May i live in west bend and work at taco bell i have a Orange Tongue right now. i have had it for several weeks now. along with a severe right eye twitching. any idea better then bacteria ? help???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2013, 03:04 PM

1 posts, read 14,232 times
Weird but I too have had the same sort of thing...its like I wrote your original post and your pictures are exactly what I see. Every morning and night I have exactly that orange tongue. I too have been on quite a few antibiotics over the last year. I too got really sick about 2 weeks after taking my last antibiotics due to a tooth that previously had a root canal got infected and needed to be removed. I'm just wondering if you figured this out. I too have tried many different things and even though i'm not as sick as i was . . . I still have this feeling of unwell(tired alot). Help.

Old 04-21-2013, 08:54 AM

3,845 posts, read 7,916,060 times
No cure so far going on two years , still have it. Not even Mayo clinic could figure it out

Old 04-22-2013, 08:50 PM

3 posts, read 42,620 times
How many additional cultures have you had? I would get another one if you've only had one. Did they test for more than one fungus (candida)? I had the same issue after a round of antiobiotics in August of last year. I have it again now and after holding my silver solution in my mouth for about 15 minutes, the thrush turns orange like in the first picture.

I was prescribed fungal tablets you let dissolve on your tongue. That kept it at bay but it came back. I'm going to start taking my probiotic again and that should assist...

Old 04-22-2013, 10:35 PM

Now that I think about it, what was the culture for? The candida fungus is on our mouth and bodies at all times. I assume they were testing for something else (like a bacterium). I am unaware of any tests they can do for fungal overgrowth in the mouth. That's almost always diagnosed visibly and prescribed anti-fungal tablets. If it's an overgrowth in your body I believe they have some urine tests that check for certain proteins released but again, I am unaware of any tests that diagnose an actual overgrowth in the mouth directly. A culture would be redundant since the fungus is in your mouth regardless.

Old 05-14-2013, 01:49 AM

I have finally found a solution!

I wanted to come back to this thread specifically because my thrush was also orange and would change between orange and white fungal coating on my tongue.

Here's what worked for me:

1) American Health Probiotic Acidophilus with Bifidus (Strawberry, chewable wafers)

I've taken probiotics before but not chewables. I thought that if I could get the acidophilus bacterium directly on the thrush it would work. And, it did! I let the wafers dissolve the same way as the anti-fungal tablets. I would let it dissolve on the back of my tongue for about 15 - 30 minutes, about 4 times a day. Right now, I'm taking 2 at a time. Each wafer is 1 billion organisms and with many capsule supplements going well above 20+ billion, taking 2 at a time, multiple times a day should not be an issue.

2) The Results RNA silver supplement

I take 5 - 10 sprays and hold the silver liquid in my mouth, on my tongue for about 15 minutes before swallowing. After this, I then take the wafers and let the dissolves. The silver has a 99%+ kill rate against a slew of bacteriums, virus's and fungi (including candida).

My entire tongue is now completely red/pink with no coat whatsoever, looking like a showroom tongue! It took roughly 5 days to reach this point.

Old 08-21-2013, 08:56 AM

1 posts, read 13,940 times
It looks like drug induced "black hairy tongue."
My 3 yo son and mother who recently were on the antibiotic clindamycin for dental work both had orange tongues this

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 11-23-2015 at 08:34 AM..

Old 11-23-2015, 05:19 AM

1 posts, read 11,224 times
I know this sounds gross but that looks like chlamydia. My best friend had the same thing once and it was only in her mouth from oral sex with a partner who had it. A shot in the button later and she was cured!

Old 06-28-2019, 09:25 PM

1 posts, read 8,345 times
Default Regarding your orange tongue.

Did you ever resolve the reason of your orange tongue? Seems I have the same problem. Burning, orange and feels rough. It's been nine months of a nightmare. I have had many test.now, I've been Referred to infectious disease. Thanks you.Pam

Old 06-29-2019, 12:12 PM

102,067 posts, read 106,917,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperholes View Post
Did you ever resolve the reason of your orange tongue? Seems I have the same problem. Burning, orange and feels rough. It's been nine months of a nightmare. I have had many test.now, I've been Referred to infectious disease. Thanks you.Pam
I would seek out a good Doctor of Oriental Medicine. Checking the color and texture of the tongue coating is part of their diagnostic protocol. They may have herbs for that. Give it a shot, since our Western medical system seems to be at a loss about such things. Their herbal treatments can be remarkably effective. Don't bother with acupuncture; most of them aren't very good at it, especially if they've been trained in the PRC methods (called "TCM", or "Traditional Chinese Medicine". The focus is mainly on herbal treatments). If you can find someone who trained in the old, pre-Mao, Taoist techniques (Taiwan, Hong Kong), do whatever they tell you to do. lol Seriously. They get results.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness