Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2012, 10:25 AM

1 posts, read 34,117 times

Advertisements

I need some advice! Maybe you guys can help.

So 3 weeks Ago I went to the hospital (No health insurance) and found that I had blood in my pelvic area due to a Ovarian Cyst that burst! I still; three weeks later, have pain but now the pain is in my legs (Referred pain?) etc. I woke up this morning at 1:00AM to take two Tylenol Extra Strength because the pain in my legs and NOW back hurt. Pain in my back feels almost like a (kidney infection)... One day I feel I may be getting better (Is that just in my head) I ask myself, because today I am in pain again. I am 28 years old and feel my whole Stomach; down in nothing but PAIN!!!

I just received my bill for $11,000 from the ER and that is not including the doctor bill.... So I am trying to avoid this route again and turning to you all to see if anyone has been threw this and their suggestions!

Thanks everyone!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2012, 11:46 AM

553 posts, read 479,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrmoore25 View Post

So 3 weeks Ago I went to the hospital (No health insurance) and found that I had blood in my pelvic area due to a Ovarian Cyst that burst! I still; three weeks later, have pain but now the pain is in my legs (Referred pain?) etc. I woke up this morning at 1:00AM to take two Tylenol Extra Strength because the pain in my legs and NOW back hurt. Pain in my back feels almost like a (kidney infection)... One day I feel I may be getting better (Is that just in my head) I ask myself, because today I am in pain again. I am 28 years old and feel my whole Stomach; down in nothing but PAIN!!!

I just received my bill for $11,000 from the ER and that is not including the doctor bill.... So I am trying to avoid this route again and turning to you all to see if anyone has been threw this and their suggestions!

Thanks everyone!
I'm sorry to hear of your pain and truly hope you feel better soon..

Moderator cut: see note

Last edited by Count David; 05-11-2012 at 07:22 PM.. Reason: moved to more appropriate forum

Old 05-11-2012, 01:39 PM

7,743 posts, read 15,864,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrmoore25 View Post

Thanks everyone!
If its that bad, then go to an Urgency care (not the ER) and get treated. We're not doctors and we can't actually diagnose what you have-- which can be anything.

With that said, if your bill is such a concern: How do I Claim Medical Hardship for Hospital Bills? | eHow.com

Old 05-11-2012, 05:08 PM

850 posts, read 3,715,277 times
Hi, first off I'm not a doctor and you should always have a doctor check something serious.

But I can tell you that my sister also had an ovarian cyst. Hers was about the size of a grapefruit and caused her a lot of pain. It did not burst, but eventually she had to have surgery to get it removed.

I do remember, though, the doctors telling her that it's fairly common for cysts to burst. The pain you are feeling in your legs and stomach is from the fluid that is seeping down. I don't have insurance either, so I know how you feel with the giant bill and deciding whether or not to go to the doctor. I agree that you should contact a doctor, go to urgent care, or go back to the ER to make sure that the fluid seeping out of your burst cyst is not harmful. Chances are it will be fine in a couple of days, but with something this serious it's definitely worth getting checked out by somebody.

As far as your high bill, are you in a lower income bracket? I had a kidney stone last year and my bill came to $17,000 by the time I had X-rays, cat scans, medication, and eventually surgery to have the large stone removed. I absolutely could not afford the bill. Make sure you fill out the financial aid forms, and if you fit their income requirements they could either erase the bill entirely or slash it to a much more manageable amount. In my case my bill was completely erased.

I hope this helps and get feeling better!

Old 05-14-2012, 06:05 PM

162 posts, read 361,922 times
You need to go to the doctor. Ovarian cysts are painful, though not typically life threatening- however there are possible complications that are very bad including ovarian torsion, which can be fatal if left untreated.
That's assuming your pain is even related to the ovarian cyst, and I have my doubts. Pain in your legs is highly suspect of something else, or some kind of neurological involvement... I'm not a doctor and even if I was, I couldn't treat you on an internet bulletin board.
Is PNW short for Pacific Northwest? If you are in the Seattle area, go to a Swedish Hospital, they are a nonprofit and have very good financial assistance programs for uninsured patients.
$11,000 is really not a whole lot when your life may be on the line.

Old 05-16-2012, 11:29 PM

19,696 posts, read 20,221,774 times
Have you had surgery yet???

If not and something has burst, this excessive pain could be a result of internal bleeding, and can be fatal.

--If you have had surgery, this kind of pain is not unusual.

I had similar abdominal surgery, and it was a very painful recovery.

Old 06-30-2012, 10:40 PM

1 posts, read 33,612 times
Default Burst Ovarian Cyst

I was just in the ER last week with this same thing. Found it with a CT scan. I also was found to have an UTI on top of it. The pain had/has me rolling! It frustrated me that I also have no insurance and had to spend all this money for them to tell me there is nothing that could be done and here are some pain pills and to go home, wait it out. However, that being said, it's better to know than think you're dying...which I did, . I am still in pain and have, if not good, better days and I'm sick of being sick. I wish there was a cure all for what we're going through but no such luck. My husband is a nurse and thinks I might be exaggerating the pain...which makes me want to show him by demonstrating on HIM! I fought for 5 days before going in because of the insurance thing, but I have a family to look out for and had to bite the bullet. I would suggest going to a gynecologist if you are still having problems. Cheaper than the ER and you can tell them what has already been done and save yourself some money. They will also have a better understanding of what you are going through. Hope this helps.

Old 09-02-2014, 10:19 PM

1 posts, read 20,406 times
I'm having the same pains, I had a cyst rupture a month ago and i though it was kinda getting better but now I'm having lower back pains and leg pains! I can't even sleep at night cause they hurt so bad and seem to hurt worse at night! I went to the gyn but my ultrasound isn't till 2 weeks away! Could this be life threating

Old 09-02-2014, 11:15 PM

37,095 posts, read 41,226,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jnkbwk View Post
I'm having the same pains, I had a cyst rupture a month ago and i though it was kinda getting better but now I'm having lower back pains and leg pains! I can't even sleep at night cause they hurt so bad and seem to hurt worse at night! I went to the gyn but my ultrasound isn't till 2 weeks away! Could this be life threating
Because you are having more pain, you should call your doctor and move the appointment up.

Old 12-23-2020, 06:03 AM

1 posts, read 3,563 times
What ended up happening?

I have exact same thing going on. Legs are killing me, flank pain, tummy is killing me. My insides feel ‘hot’ I can’t explain it any other way.

I’m anaemic to start, after 2 weeks of super heavy bleeding I’m utterly exhausted.

Had emergency ultrasound today...scared they’ll say they can’t help me. I can’t stand this for even 1 more day
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness