Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 02:41 PM

2,493 posts, read 4,396,923 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by foma View Post
Okay, I am usually a discreet person and do not "air out" my feminine problems but this is totally bugging me. I know I know, "Foma go see a doctor" which I will do eventually but I'm giving it a couple more weeks *just* to see. In the meantime, I'd like to hear any of you fine CD folks' opinions.

I'm almost 2 weeks late. I took a preggars test but it showed up negativo. I probably should do another one but my question is

1.) What are some other "reasons" why a woman misses her period?
2.) How long after you've missed your period should you take a pregnancy test?

Just a short "medical history": I got off the pill like 5 months ago, and it took 3 months to get my period. I had it for 2 months and now I'm almost 2wks late. Could I still be "irregular" from getting off the pill?
It's not that big of a deal to be late, depending on what is going on in your life and how old you are. You can take another P. test.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2007, 03:47 PM

3,574 posts, read 14,339,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foma View Post
So I finally had my MD appointment. She ordered a whole bunch of blood tests and I'll get the results on my next appointment in November. There's isn't too much to report 'cept she doesn't think I'm pregnant (I don't either) and that being on the Pill might have "hid" the symptoms of my "condition", whatever that may be so I'm a little freaked out. I've been on BC for 8 years!

I guess I'll know more after she reads the lab report and gives me the news, where I'll also be doing the usual well woman's exam (which I dread!). I'm just hoping that I don't get a phone call next week telling me to meet the doctor sooner 'cuz that means it's something REALLY serious if they have to move up my appointment!

If being "infertile" is the worst that will happen, I guess in the grand scheme of things, it's not that big of a deal but dang, it'll be a real bummer to have to mentally prepare myself that DH and I won't have little bambinos running around the house. *sigh* I'll give y'all another update after my appt!
I bet she did a blood test to check for pregnancy, so you may be updating us all a little sooner......

Old 10-19-2007, 04:10 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,335,694 times
I've been wondering if you are pregnant or not.

Old 10-19-2007, 05:46 PM

4,273 posts, read 15,249,400 times
Wow, that was quick, I got a phone call already. I'm not preggars and everything she tested for came out "normal" so I guess back to square one. 29 year olds don't just lose their periods unless there is something wrong. Man, I hope I'm not going to be one of those "undiagnosable" patients that has to take test after test to figure out what's wrong. Grrrr. More to come in November I guess.

Old 10-19-2007, 07:04 PM

Location: My heart is in Wyoming, my body is soon to follow.....
745 posts, read 4,064,789 times
You're just messed up from going off the pill, and the fact that you're stressing so much about when it is and not having it. Seriously, keep track of the first day your period starts and then forget about it. If it seems like its been too long since your last then and only then consult your hidden calendar. If your too concerned about it then stress will keep you from getting it when you should, and then you're driving yourself crazy every month. Stress like that will also keep you from getting pregnant. So just try to put it out of your mind. I got pregnant with my first baby at 29, it didn't take long when I quit worrying about it. Best Wishes!

Old 10-19-2007, 07:16 PM

4,273 posts, read 15,249,400 times
That's the thing, I'm totally not stressed about it! It's not like I'm constantly worried about it or anything like that. I don't react that way. I am "concerned" but definitely not "stressing". I just hope it's not some awful disease and the MD tells me I can't have kids and only have 2 weeks to live or something. I say this to Dh in a "jokingly" manner and he looks at me funny. Anyway, it has been 2 months since my last period and I'm not going to think about it until my next appointment in Nov. Man, getting MD appointments is not an easy task!

Old 10-20-2007, 08:07 AM

7,395 posts, read 19,335,694 times
The doctor might give you something to make you start your period again. I had to take it one time when my periods were messed up. When I was your age and younger, my periods were messed up and now that I'm older in my late 40's, they come like clockwork.
Anyway, the med. was called provera I think.

Old 10-20-2007, 02:25 PM

17,833 posts, read 33,107,768 times
foma
plan a nice romantic weekend away somewhere or even a vacation
betcha that "puppy" shows up

kinda like when folks use to joke if you want your food to show up at a restaurant light a cigarette

sadly this always works for me lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness