Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2007, 05:22 AM

673 posts, read 3,145,051 times

Advertisements

My 2 year old daughter was sick on Sunday with a fever of 103.2. I called the doctor to discuss it and he said it sounded viral. Her fever luckily broke Sunday night and we kept her home on Monday to make sure she wasnt still contagious.

My boss at work was out sick on Monday with a high fever and then he came into work Tuesday still looking pretty rough. He said he felt better but not 100%.

Today was my last day in the department I was in at work and wouldnt you know I am home sick with a fever!!! I feel so bad that I cant be there, they even had a lunchtime party for me planned. Oh well, I dont think they want me in there right now. I went to bed at 6:30pm last night and had a fever about 100.8. I have body chills, aches, and my throat feels swollen. No other symptoms. My head feels stuffy...and I feel like I am sweating bullets. I took my temperature this morning and it was 101. I tried to take a mild shower but felt like I was going to pass out. I got up to to go to work but figured there was no way I'd even make it an hour there.

Do you think I should call the doctor? I know they always say if its viral they cant do anything. Its been so long since I've had this kind of sickness...

Thanks....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2007, 05:31 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,346,950 times
Are you sick? - (broken link)

hope this helps.

Old 09-21-2007, 05:42 AM

673 posts, read 3,145,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessaka View Post
Are you sick? - (broken link)

hope this helps.

That was helpful...thank you!

Old 09-22-2007, 04:55 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,346,950 times
hope you are feeling better today.

Old 09-24-2007, 02:50 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,449,841 times
If it were me, I'd take a teaspoon of Colloidal Silver-- a good brand, with 10ppm strength-- 4 times a day. It tastes like water and is a natural ani-viral, anti-parasitic and anitibiotic that really works and has no side effects. You can take it internally or use it externally - even put it in your eye. It is fantastic! I would have given 1/4 of the dose to my two year old. You can also cool down a fever by taking a bath or soaking a washcloth in Peppermint tea and putting it on your forehead. If after a day of trying
these remedies and not seeing any improvement THEN I would call the doctor and I would call a naturopathic doctor after I had followed the medical doctor's advice to undo the harm the prescription drugs such as antibiotics may have caused. For example, anyone that has been on antibiotics for more than three weeks will have a compromised digestive tract which will be less able to absorb nutrients in food. If this goes for a long time before the damage is addressed, it can lead to leaky gut syndrome and a weakened immune system. Don't think the medical doctor knows anything about this because they don't. A naturopathic doctor will however.

Old 09-24-2007, 02:59 PM

77 posts, read 273,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wi_Girl View Post
Do you think I should call the doctor? I know they always say if its viral they cant do anything. Its been so long since I've had this kind of sickness...Thanks....
Our family doctor always tells us sometimes its good to let the fever run it's course. Your body is fighting off something and you should let it work, although you shouldn't let it go too long, over 103 for longer than a day and I would definitely give the doctor a call.

Old 09-24-2007, 05:57 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,449,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livinak View Post
Our family doctor always tells us sometimes its good to let the fever run it's course. Your body is fighting off something and you should let it work, although you shouldn't let it go too long, over 103 for longer than a day and I would definitely give the doctor a call.
It sounds like you have one of the GOOD medical doctors -- not just another glorified prescrition drug salesman. The fever is the body's attempt to burn off something bad, but there have to be limits as to how high you can let your temperature get without at least trying to lower it using natural methods.

Old 09-25-2007, 08:26 PM

2,886 posts, read 8,280,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
If it were me, I'd take a teaspoon of Colloidal Silver-- a good brand, with 10ppm strength-- 4 times a day. It tastes like water and is a natural ani-viral, anti-parasitic and anitibiotic that really works and has no side effects. You can take it internally or use it externally - even put it in your eye. It is fantastic! I would have given 1/4 of the dose to my two year old. You can also cool down a fever by taking a bath or soaking a washcloth in Peppermint tea and putting it on your forehead. If after a day of trying
these remedies and not seeing any improvement THEN I would call the doctor and I would call a naturopathic doctor after I had followed the medical doctor's advice to undo the harm the prescription drugs such as antibiotics may have caused. For example, anyone that has been on antibiotics for more than three weeks will have a compromised digestive tract which will be less able to absorb nutrients in food. If this goes for a long time before the damage is addressed, it can lead to leaky gut syndrome and a weakened immune system. Don't think the medical doctor knows anything about this because they don't. A naturopathic doctor will however.
I appreciate your interesting post, very informative. But I just want to add that if a person is febrile, you may not want to take a bath in very warm water. Tepid should be as warm as it gets and you will know when the fever breaks, because the water will increase in line with your body temperature before you got in. hard to explain. Not too cool, definitely not too warm, hope you feel better.

Old 09-25-2007, 08:34 PM

2,886 posts, read 8,280,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wi_Girl View Post
My 2 year old daughter was sick on Sunday with a fever of 103.2. I called the doctor to discuss it and he said it sounded viral. Her fever luckily broke Sunday night and we kept her home on Monday to make sure she wasnt still contagious.

My boss at work was out sick on Monday with a high fever and then he came into work Tuesday still looking pretty rough. He said he felt better but not 100%.

Today was my last day in the department I was in at work and wouldnt you know I am home sick with a fever!!! I feel so bad that I cant be there, they even had a lunchtime party for me planned. Oh well, I dont think they want me in there right now. I went to bed at 6:30pm last night and had a fever about 100.8. I have body chills, aches, and my throat feels swollen. No other symptoms. My head feels stuffy...and I feel like I am sweating bullets. I took my temperature this morning and it was 101. I tried to take a mild shower but felt like I was going to pass out. I got up to to go to work but figured there was no way I'd even make it an hour there.

Do you think I should call the doctor? I know they always say if its viral they cant do anything. Its been so long since I've had this kind of sickness...

Thanks....
If you have a 2 year old, I would just go to a doctor and get some labs(ER) is your best bet, to avoid passing this back and forth, and get it over with; they frequently have viral infections, because of the ENT (eyes, ears nose and throat) thing. No disrespect to anyone, but after she's around 10 years old. I would suggest experimenting with natural/holistic medicine. But for now you need to stay well to take care of her. And we don't know if it's viral or bacterial. So they can at least give you a throat (swab) culture at the ER and treat you properly from there.
Take Care, Hope you feel better
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness