Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2012, 11:16 AM

777 posts, read 1,336,613 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikitakolata View Post
That has not been my experience at all, for what it is worth. I only had the Mirena for about 10 months when I decided I wanted to be totally hormone free. My doctor removed it and gave me the paragard (a week later) without any hesitation or questions. So, not all doctors are the same... my doctor would be more than willing to remove the paragard for me whenever I want it out. I've had it for 6 years so far though and I don't have any plans to take it out in the near future.
Agreed, definitely varies by the doctor. But in the 6 different gynecologists I've had in the past 8 years, not a single one has ever recommended or suggested or even implied that I should get the IUD out for any reason. For some people that don't have full health insurance coverage, they might charge you out of pocket to have the IUD's take out way before their life span is up (this is what my friend had to deal with). So, it's not like these IUD's are re-usable; when they're only used for 1/4-1/2 their life, it's a bit of a waste of resources, and to some doctors, a waste of their time. But again, that varies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2012, 10:21 PM

12,773 posts, read 14,974,016 times
Thanks guys. Any mre comments?

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrc60 View Post
Had my last at 36...don't wait too long. It gets harder to keep up with a toddler as you get older. And of course, the last was the most active, so it was really hard.
I guess my parents & I are all "late bloomers"!

My parents got married a little later than most...& it was their 1st marriage for both when my mom was in her early 30s & my dad's 10 yrs older. My mom had me at 36...dad was 46 & I'm their only child.

I turned 37 in January.

Old 06-13-2012, 04:26 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,015,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
Thanks guys. Any mre comments?

I guess my parents & I are all "late bloomers"!

My parents got married a little later than most...& it was their 1st marriage for both when my mom was in her early 30s & my dad's 10 yrs older. My mom had me at 36...dad was 46 & I'm their only child.

I turned 37 in January.

At your age, you need to consult with your doctor about using hormone based birth control...the older you are the higher the risks.

Old 06-15-2012, 05:14 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,276,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StilltheSame View Post
I.U.D.
Best ever!
...worked for us...get the kind without hormones in it

Old 06-16-2012, 08:06 PM

These last 2 posts, 1 person says yes to hormones, the other says no to them. I tend to say NO to hormones. I'm not for adding extra additives of unnatural substances into my body.

Thanks purehuman.

Old 06-16-2012, 09:04 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,776,455 times
Quote:
These last 2 posts, 1 person says yes to hormones, the other says no to them. I tend to say NO to hormones. I'm not for adding extra additives of unnatural substances into my body.

Thanks purehuman.
Well then in that case, a latex condom, an IUD, a diaphram, are all not options. They are unnatural substances that you'd putting into your body. Obviously no hormones. Also diaphrams are inserted using spermicide, which is another unnatural substance.

So your only options are:
natural skin condoms
rhythm method
abstinence

Surgery wouldn't be an option either, because that involves anasthesia, which is most definitely unnatural substances in your body.

Good luck.

Old 06-16-2012, 09:41 PM

AnonChick, OK, well, I won't be that strict about it, but defintely no hormones.

Old 06-16-2012, 10:10 PM

102,202 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Does anyone remember the sponge? If so, what was your opinion of it?

Old 06-17-2012, 06:43 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,015,105 times
Quote:
AnonChick, OK, well, I won't be that strict about it, but defintely no hormones.
Well, when perimenopause hits, and it will hit you soon, you might be welcoming those hormones.

As I said before, please go and talk to your doctor. Internet advice is good for simple things, things that could literally change your life forever, need to be addressed with a professional.

Remember this, if nothing else, there is NO form of birth control that is 100% effective and without some sort of risk, except for abstinence.

Old 06-17-2012, 01:05 PM

106 posts, read 476,904 times
Hormone based birth control exacerbates my migraines. In the past I've used Norplant, depo-provera shots and lately the para-guard IUD. I prefer the para-guard IUD, with the only drawback is that it makes my periods a few days longer and heavier but I prefer that to having to deal with extra hormones in my body and you don't have to remember to go to the doc for a shot every three months.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness