Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2015, 10:04 AM

4 posts, read 387,230 times

Advertisements

Also ,does anyone have a suspicion of mold in their house?..I have white mold on some of the firewood in the basement....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2015, 03:11 PM

2 posts, read 8,763 times
I just left the Dr's. I bought a chic- fil sandwich. I could only eat about half of it. It was
so salty. A few days later I had a toco salad. It was the same taste. I am on meds. Drs also
put me on more meds. I am a senior and I take Vit D (1400) Its been about 10 days. It seems
to have improved. My ears have started to pop. I had bronchitis, pneumonia,with a lot of
upper respir. wezeeeing. I also try to drink a lot of water or liquids during the day.I too know
what it is like to get dehydrated. U don't want that to happen.
I have a checkup the 23rd. They prob. will be taking blood again.

Last edited by Count David; 01-11-2015 at 03:54 PM..

Old 01-22-2015, 11:30 AM

4 posts, read 387,230 times
I am now convinced that with me, it is a viimin B-12 deficiency...I have bacterial overgrowth in the small intestine(s.i.b.o.) and it has made it difficult to metabolize nutrients and vitimins...Also I have 48/50 B-12 deficiency symptoms...whiach do co-incide with many other health issues but in my case,I think that's it!..Got a dr. appt. next week to check for malnutrition/malabsorption...and deficiencys....also a thyroid test and if I'm lucky a diabetes screen...keep you all posted!

Old 01-22-2015, 11:39 AM

10,225 posts, read 6,308,428 times
Cook yourself from scratch using only fresh ingredients. When you do this, you can control the salt level in your food. Even so called low solium products are extremely salty.

Old 02-28-2015, 02:53 PM

1 posts, read 5,358 times
This salty taste is happening to me after I drank 1/2 tsp of backing soda and lemon for urine infection. Its been a couple of days and it doesn't seem to go away. I read that it could be high ph (metabolic alkalosis), lose of potassium and chloride. Im going to my doctor to try to get a cmp, bicarbonate level, carbon dioxide and ph check. Have any of u guys get any better.

Old 02-28-2015, 03:05 PM

2,062 posts, read 2,546,477 times
I know it is not your question but you take baking soda and lemon for a urinary tract infection? Does it normally work for you or is this the first time you have tried it?

Are you currently on any new medications for the infection? That could cause the salty taste

Old 03-13-2015, 05:20 PM

1 posts, read 5,287 times
I was fine till I had a cough that would not go away my doctor prescribed Cipro 500mg ! it would make me dizzy and sleepy . had to take it for 10 day twice a day . I wanted to barf now everything taste like salt even Ice Cream and Chocolate . I don't want to eat anything . I have to go see my doctor next week now that all the medicine is gone and the dizzy feeling is gone so I can drive . I still have the darn cough however not as bad I was coughing hard nite and /day . will try to find my way back here after he helps at east I hope he has answers . I will share what he thinks so maybe I can help anyone else this is just awful .

Old 06-05-2015, 10:51 AM

1 posts, read 5,082 times
This happened to me as well, it was due to having a sinus infection, however, I didn't even realize that I was getting one or sick, I think the salty mouth was a warning sign that my body was fighting something, then I was sick like a dog for a week, felt like I'd been hit by a truck. Everything tasting crazy salty lasted about a month. (Even coffee and sweets) For me it was all connected to my sinuses. Amazing the signals our bodies give us.

Old 07-28-2017, 11:10 AM

1 posts, read 3,617 times
For more than 2 years, I have the salty taste on meat, soups but candy no but it has a sweeter taste and the taste progressing to worst. Smelling not good, I pass McDonald I can smell the burnt grease and other fast food. My food is masked with hot salsa so I can eat them. Since last year, I have lost 30 pounds because of this. I had a salivary gland grow the size of a golf ball, last year they game medication for two weeks the swelling went back to normal size in return I got medically induced diarrhea with two weeks of treatment. I told the doctor but he didn't pay to much attention except when I had wgt loss which I had told him about it, says to me maybe I should go to eye, ear and throat doctor but why didn't he didn't refer me to any one. I don't know what to do except I know it getting worse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness