Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2016, 10:53 AM

6,987 posts, read 21,929,654 times

Advertisements

When cleaning my ear wax I use Peroxide also. A little in the cap into the ear tilting the head to hold it inside while bubbling away for 2-3 mins and then flushing with a Water pic. An adjustable pressure unit will work just fine.

I also have a narrow canal on my right ear that gets plugged very easily.....moreso when the hearing aid is inside.

With my old insensitive fingers have dropped them many times and they will shatter or break open...VA is not to keen with that.

There are days that I prefer not to wear any at all......no body to speak with so the solitude is okay in my book.....also no problem when shopping for groceries etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2016, 09:47 PM

10,114 posts, read 19,406,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
DON'T put a q-tip into the ear canal.

Liquid soap will break-up all that wax....you have to let it soak for a while, then rinse.

What type of soap? Like Dawn? Or baby shampoo?

Old 01-18-2016, 03:51 PM

777 posts, read 1,336,891 times
I'm also prone to wax buildup. I've had my ears professional cleaned at least 4 times the past 10 years. Twice, it was done with the wire scoop thing. First time it hurt. Second time, I think the ENT was using a vacuum of sorts to loosen the wax, then he did the wire scoop; didn't hurt at all. I've also had them drained with a water pik once, and the military drained them with just warm water and a syringe. Which was probably the most uncomfortable ear cleaning I've ever had b/c the warm water against my eardrum raised my body temperature and made me dizzy. I don't attempt cleaning them at home b/c I don't trust anything. If anything, i just have the shower water spray directly in my ear canal's for a minute each. I've been told it's a way to do at home as it's not much different than using a syringe or pik.

Old 01-22-2016, 10:33 AM

18,470 posts, read 31,638,910 times
just had my left ear doen.
they put solution in my left ear, lay down wait 20 minutes and use a syrings to shoot saline in it, he did it 3 times and was clear as day, my equilibrum went off had to lay down for 45 minutes then all was good. I felt like a new person. I went to one of the urgent care phicilities in my neighborhood.
it was fine and I was a happy camper

Old 01-26-2016, 08:51 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,599,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryleeII View Post
What type of soap? Like Dawn? Or baby shampoo?

Any type of mild liquid soap will break down ear-wax. Just lie on your side, turn on the teeeeveee and put the soap into your ear..........let sit, then rinse

Old 01-26-2016, 09:02 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by =Lavender= View Post
i did some reseach a few months ago on candelling. its not safe and its a gimmick same with colonics. but thank you for your input.
You are absolutely right. I can't believe people still fall for that.

Old 02-07-2016, 09:32 AM

6,896 posts, read 22,528,515 times
I'm having a problem with my right ear now after having a cold 3 weeks ago. I just found a quick and easy way to put peroxide in my own ear. Soak a cotton ball with peroxide, lay down and squeeze a little liquid directly into the ear. Much easier than trying to get that half capful in the right spot!

Old 02-07-2016, 10:09 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,412,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by myrc60 View Post
I'm having a problem with my right ear now after having a cold 3 weeks ago. I just found a quick and easy way to put peroxide in my own ear. Soak a cotton ball with peroxide, lay down and squeeze a little liquid directly into the ear. Much easier than trying to get that half capful in the right spot!
I'm going to try this. I had a bad cold a couple weeks ago and then got a terrible earache with drainage issues and went to the doctor. He gave me antibiotics & steroids, but I'm still hearing liquid in that ear and I can't hear good.

Old 03-04-2016, 09:35 AM

1 posts, read 1,756 times
Tried peroxide, carbamide peroxide, squirting water from bulb in ear kit ... Nothing worked! I'd get a little wax out but just looked like brown salt ha. So I decided to soak with hydrogen peroxide for 5 min and go for the water pik on its lowest setting. Use warm water

Holy crap did some stuff start coming out. Chunks. I swear there was a small bug like a piece of rice. Could have been a little shrimp as I scuba dive -- but that was 3 years ago! So I highly recommend the water pik. I can hear again as I was clogged from all the cleaning attempts. Doc said I was plugged as well but I could hear fine so I asked him not to clean it. I don't like the scoop they stick in there it hurts.

Old 10-10-2019, 12:54 AM

1 posts, read 706 times
Default Itchy Ear remedy

I have itchy inner ears. I have stopped using antibiotic drops as it keeps coming back anyways.

I found the most relief when I use Honey Dew.
Apply the juice of the honey due inside the ear with a qtip. Or you can cut the honey due into the size of a qtip and apply the juice inside your ear. Sometimes when I let the honey dew sit in the fridge, it excretes water and I use that to dip the qtip and rub the juice in my ear.

Leave it for at least 15 mins, an hour is even better. the rinse it out in the shower or with wet water qtip.

After that, I apply coconut oil for additional relief.

I have found this to be the most natural way to keep the inflammation down.

If you have psoriasis anywhere on your skin. Take a slice of Honey Dew and rub it all over you body. leave on for 20 minute and then wash it out in the shower. It will clear up your psoriasis. Continue this everyday for at least a month if not longer and you will see results!

HOney Dew is an excellent replacement for soap. Keep the chemicals off for psoriasis. The Dew will leave your skin glowing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness