Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2011, 06:44 AM

15 posts, read 46,077 times

Advertisements

I've had arthritis for a number of years and found an all-natural pain cream that has worked wonders. My son actually introduced me to it as he is into track and field and uses it to help with muscle recovery.

I'm not sure how well known it is, but the cream is called MYO-MED. I think it is sold in a number of health food stores here in Canada, but I'm not sure how widely available it is in the States.

My arthritis is fairly bad in both my shoulders and hands. When I first tried it, I noticed that it seemed to loosen up my shoulders within 20 or so minutes and I did feel the amount of pain that I was feeling get better, but it wasn't gone completely. I kept using it and it seemed to get better and better day after day. After a couple of weeks I felt fantastic and could barely even notice any pain or stiffness. I still have the odd day where it comes back (I notice this when the weather is foul) but for the most part I feel great!

A link to their site is below:
MYO-MED - Toxin-Free Natural Pain Relief Cream & 24hr Pain Patch

Just thought I would share this in hopes that it might help someone else out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2011, 10:47 AM

27,074 posts, read 11,841,613 times
Absorbine Jr patchs are great! And only a dollar at Dollar General.
I still stand by Ben Gay for cream.....apply then wrap with soft cotton tshirt or whatever......and OTC meds of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
If they quit making Absorbine Jr. I am in big trouble.

Old 04-22-2011, 11:02 AM

7,284 posts, read 12,920,807 times
Arnica?

Old 06-06-2011, 06:46 AM

50 posts, read 115,190 times
Blue Emu cream works well and doesn't have an odor.

Old 06-06-2011, 08:30 PM

22,653 posts, read 24,575,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
As a topical, capsaicin cream is supposed to be more effective. I tried it once and really burned! But alot of people like it for temporary relief of joint pains.
Tried that stuff, did nothing for joint pain, made my skin burn like hell.

Old 06-06-2011, 08:34 PM

22,653 posts, read 24,575,170 times
I have both arthritis and Hereditary Periphiral Neuropathy.

What has worked best for my pain is putting on Liquid Tiger Balm BEFORE I work out...........then putting on heavy sweats and sitting in a heated area before my workout, getting hot. Then doing an intense 1/2 hour workout.

Old 06-13-2011, 08:52 AM

6,434 posts, read 5,249,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post
Arnica?

Yes, ARNICA!

Old 06-13-2011, 11:19 AM

7,329 posts, read 16,417,593 times
I have no experience with this stuff so this isn't a recommendation but I had to say that an hour or so ago I was at Tractor Supply Co. and the lady in front of me was buying a veterinary arthritis cream for horses (don't recall the name, in a white plastic bottle with a brown horse on it) for herself. She said a lot of people she knew used it.

Old 06-15-2011, 11:19 AM

3 posts, read 17,822 times
Moderator cut: need at least 10 other posts to make specific recommendations I'd also recommend not using ice on it (if you are) since it's quite a long time after the injury. Cold constricts and that can lead to tighter muscles, joints, etc. You can also wrap the foot and where the broken bones were in the following: Castor oil on a cotton or wool cloth over the foot/bones, covered by saran wrap and then with a heating pad for 30 minutes or so while you're watching TV. The heat gets blood moving, and with blood moving you get more healing. Additionally, the castor oil will be absorbed and can aid in the healing process.

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 06-15-2011 at 12:04 PM..

Old 10-25-2011, 09:04 AM

1 posts, read 12,387 times
Well people are different and that includes how they react to ointments or pain creams. Bengay like most of these products is basically just a strong dose of menthol that produces a strong smell and a burn or tingle on the skin but little else. The best muscle pain relief creams will combine several ingredients to try to deliver at least some relief for most people. To me the products that do the best job use natural ingredients so there is less worry about side effects like rashes. [mod] need at least 10 other posts to make specific recommendations [/mod]

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 10-25-2011 at 09:30 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness