Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2012, 08:54 AM

567 posts, read 1,008,405 times

Advertisements

Well, it has finally happened. I have caught the HPV virus from something or someone and now I have noticed small warts forming on my fingers. I noticed they started forming about a year and half ago. Thankfully they are small and clear and barely noticeable but I sure don't want them to keep coming.

For people who have had them, what method of treatment did you use to clear them up?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2012, 09:37 AM

22,999 posts, read 34,274,280 times
I tried the OTC stuff, didn't work, had to go to the dr and have it frozen.

Old 08-03-2012, 03:02 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,640,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pentatonic View Post
Well, it has finally happened. I have caught the HPV virus from something or someone and now I have noticed small warts forming on my fingers. I noticed they started forming about a year and half ago. Thankfully they are small and clear and barely noticeable but I sure don't want them to keep coming.

For people who have had them, what method of treatment did you use to clear them up?
Lemon peel, or essential oil of lemon, "neat." Do -not- try to use lemon scented furniture oil. Lemon peel is where natural lemon essential oil comes from, so you can just pull some of the peel off, give it a twist, and rub the outer surface over the wart. Or, you can use a single drop of the undiluted essential oil, cover it with a bandaid, then change it over a couple times a day for a few days.

The warts will eventually go away by themselves, but lemon oil will speed up the process.

Also, they will keep coming, until they stop coming. Once you've been infected, you just have to wait it out.

Old 08-03-2012, 04:05 PM

567 posts, read 1,008,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
Lemon peel, or essential oil of lemon, "neat." Do -not- try to use lemon scented furniture oil. Lemon peel is where natural lemon essential oil comes from, so you can just pull some of the peel off, give it a twist, and rub the outer surface over the wart. Or, you can use a single drop of the undiluted essential oil, cover it with a bandaid, then change it over a couple times a day for a few days.

The warts will eventually go away by themselves, but lemon oil will speed up the process.

Also, they will keep coming, until they stop coming. Once you've been infected, you just have to wait it out.

I thought it basically stayed with you forever because their were no cures. So the virus eventually just dies and goes away?

Old 08-03-2012, 04:24 PM

Quote:
I thought it basically stayed with you forever because their were no cures. So the virus eventually just dies and goes away?
You asked:
Quote:
I was responding specifically to that.

The warts will eventually fade on their own.

However, since you now ask a whole new question, here's the answer to that:

The virus may or may not go away, eventually.

However.

Even if you have the virus for years, that doesn't mean you will have warts for years. The warts will come and go, however and whenever they come and go, for as long as you have the virus. They might show up once, and never appear again. Or you might get a cluster now, and not see another cluster for 6 months. Or you might have a cluster now, and three new ones every month.

And, if, or when, the virus fades out by itself, you will cease to get warts from that virus.

However.

You have one strain of HPV. There are over 100 strains. You could get another strain, and never really be virus-free at all, ever, for the rest of your life. Or, you might never get infected with any other strain.

Basically, everyone is -exposed- to one strain or another (or many) of HPV, during their lives. Infection from it is common, but it doesn't happen to everyone.

It is less likely to become infected with the predecessors of your current strain of HPV, because your body is in the process of forming an immunity to those predecessors.

However.

If your current form mutates in the world, it will be more possible to get the next generation.

However. This doesn't mean you are guaranteed immunity from previous strains, nor does it mean you are doomed to suffer subsequent strains.

HPV is just one of those weird virii in the world that people are exposed to, many get, many have no symptoms and never even know they have it, many get over, and some suffer through for years. Pretty much like the cold virus.

Old 08-04-2012, 11:04 PM

4,534 posts, read 4,906,466 times
They're stubborn. Eventually they'll go away, but it may take years. Almost everyone gets a wart over the course of their lifetime.

Old 08-05-2012, 11:38 AM

9,101 posts, read 16,396,533 times
Quote:

I have had those as well as Plantars warts when I was younger since I was about 10 until about 35. As a kid I kept having them removed and of course conventional medicine doesn't deal with anything but the symptoms, so OF COURSE they kept coming back.

Then I started to learn about Natural medicine. I got Dr. Linda Rector Paige's book Healthy Healing and did a combination of what she recommended in the section of the book that talks about warts--- hot water sitz baths for my heel (as hot as I could stand 2-3 times a day) where the wart was and then pumicing it down to the roots then covering it at night with a sliver of raw garlic which did make it throb while it was working to pull it out. I was also taking lots of Vit C; 400 IUs of Vit E; 10,000 IUs of Vit A. and taking Kyolic Garlic internally. I also used homepathic Thuja applications alternating with the garlic. To make a long story short. I finally got RID OF IT by my self -- Thank-you very much-----without wasting any more money on conventional medicine WHICH DOES NOT WORK FOR CHRONIC AND DEGENERATIVE CONDITIONS!

Needless to say, I don't know if I'd bother soaking my hand in hot water and doing the pumicing but I'd work on my immune system and

To get back to small warts on your fingers. I've had them on the base of my hand. There were just a few and they were tiny and clear. At one point they itched a little. I kind of didn't really do much about them until recently I've been really trying to clean up my diet and have been juicing and eating mostly fresh raw cooked and organic foods while also taking Beta Glucan to strengthen my Immune System; Vitamin C; Tumeric; N- Acytle Cysteine ...and I have been taking a viral wart formula by Quantum Herbal to get rid of another nagging wart I have which is internal on the back of my thigh. I've noticed that getting smaller and not itching. To get to the "punch-line" LOL (just kidding), now that you bring up warts on your fingers I examined my hand just now and the warts are GONE!

I think the juicing has a LOT to do with it. I try to have two green juices a day with Kale and other greens and a lemon and a cucumber or celery and an apple and sometimes a carrot. I've really cut back on starches and sweets and processed foods and dairy.

I got inspired to start juicing again after watching the documentary, "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead" and feeling run down. My Naturopath, over the years, has extolled the benefits of green drinks and has said they are like a blood transfusion and the cellular make-up of a dark green leafy greens is very similar to a red blood cell and when it is juiced and you sip it and hold it in your mouth for a second before swallowing you have a chance for the Mucous Membranes to absorb the nutrients without having to go thru your stomach.

Also to keep the HPV at bay or get rid of it, I'd definitely keep Sovereign Silver on hand. You want to keep your immune system strong and if you fall off the wagon and feel a flare-up coming, you want to take the Sovereign Silver -- also take Lysiene to prevent flare ups.

Old 08-05-2012, 07:35 PM

Or, the OP could just wait it out and treat the symptoms with something a lot less expensive, and a lot less complicated, because HPV isn't a chronic and degenerative condition; it's a virus that usually eventually dies all by itself, without any treatment at all.

Your plantars warts would've stopped coming in eventually too, all by themselves. And the warts on your hands would have gone away by themselves, as well.

But if it makes you feel better to sand your skin down to the pulp and smear the open wound with garlic juice, have at it.

Old 08-05-2012, 07:46 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,607,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
I tried the OTC stuff, didn't work, had to go to the dr and have it frozen.
Since a wart is really a virus freezing it the best way to get them gone for good.

Old 08-05-2012, 07:57 PM

22,999 posts, read 34,274,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa Pipes View Post
Since a wart is really a virus freezing it the best way to get them gone for good.
I agree, I tried home remedies too and nothing worked, probably cost about $250 when it was over because the wart was big and I go have it frozen many times, but it was worth it to me to have it gone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness