U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2012, 07:11 AM

6,638 posts, read 8,458,251 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by echosan View Post
Thank you so much guys

Guys, im a computer network engineer and I educate myself about thyroid, adrenals and hormones. I have the desire to be a doctor and specialize in glands. I have the will to study medicine in the US. I want to help myself and others

Best of luck
After you've helped others to research their symptoms and self-diagnose, you won't need to become a doctor. If you do get into med school and pursue the medical profession, the first thing you're going to realize is the danger of DIY treatment.

Best of luck to you.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2012, 11:14 AM

530 posts, read 1,041,644 times
I think you may have more than one thing going on here. I have been on medication for an underactive thyroid for half my life. Red, sore and burning eyes is not a normal symptom of thyroid problems. You could have an eye infection or another eye problem.

As for the thyroid medicine, how fast have you been making these medicine changes? Thyroid hormones build slowly over time. You are not supposed to change doses quickly. You are supposed to take one dose and then wait several weeks and re-do the test. If the test indicates a change is needed, you increase slowly--You are not supposed to just double your dose. If you built up your dose over a shorter period of time, you could be putting yourself in danger. An overactive thyroid can be dangerous amd make you feel quite sick. You need to take things slowly.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness