Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2012, 04:03 PM

10 posts, read 37,258 times

Advertisements

in order to have a 10% body fat, I have 15.8% body fat right now, i weight 132 lbs, 28 years old, male, how do you find this out?

Last edited by XavierMobius; 09-15-2012 at 04:12 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2012, 04:51 PM

1,892 posts, read 2,533,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XavierMobius View Post
in order to have a 10% body fat, I have 15.8% body fat right now, i weight 132 lbs, 28 years old, male, how do you find this out?
I don't think there's a set amount of weight to lose in order to have a certain body fat %. I used to work out also but I never concentrated on body fat %. If you exercise and eat healthy, your % of body fat should decrease but there is no set number of lbs you should lose to achieve a certain body fat %. BTW unless you're really short, 132 lbs is pretty skinny, are you sure you want to lose weight. I think if you do weight lifting exercises you could gain some weight but still decrease you body fat.

Old 09-15-2012, 05:55 PM

10 posts, read 37,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannabeCPA View Post
I don't think there's a set amount of weight to lose in order to have a certain body fat %. I used to work out also but I never concentrated on body fat %. If you exercise and eat healthy, your % of body fat should decrease but there is no set number of lbs you should lose to achieve a certain body fat %. BTW unless you're really short, 132 lbs is pretty skinny, are you sure you want to lose weight. I think if you do weight lifting exercises you could gain some weight but still decrease you body fat.
I'm 5'7 the most, 5'6 the least, must stomach isn't even flat, I have a belly but it's not noticeable if I put a shirt on, I don't get it, back in HS I weighted more than this and my stomach wasn't as big, what does this mean? all of the information is correct, I weighted at least 140 but my stomach wasn't this big, I'm not even chubby, fat, or even thick, still I have lose weight to make stomach back being flat

Old 09-15-2012, 06:26 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,829,411 times
No, you need to exercise to regain your abdominal muscle tone.

Old 09-16-2012, 02:35 AM

1,892 posts, read 2,533,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XavierMobius View Post
I'm 5'7 the most, 5'6 the least, must stomach isn't even flat, I have a belly but it's not noticeable if I put a shirt on, I don't get it, back in HS I weighted more than this and my stomach wasn't as big, what does this mean? all of the information is correct, I weighted at least 140 but my stomach wasn't this big, I'm not even chubby, fat, or even thick, still I have lose weight to make stomach back being flat
You sound like you're stressing a little too much over this issue. 8 pounds isn't that much although it is a bit unusual to be losing weight after high school when you were fairly thin in HS to begin with. I'd suggest weight lifting exercises along with cardio exercises. I guess you could try specific abdominal exercises to further flatten your belly. Another big thing is diet. I personally am just a little bigger than you. I slowly but steadily gained weight after high school to a high of 170 lbs. I lost 10 lbs and some of my belly simply by weight lifting and cutting out most white starchy foods (white rice, white bread, potatoes). Instead now I try to eat whole grains such as brown rice, brown bread and oatmeal. It really doesn't sound like something to worry about and if you are worried, it sounds like your problem can be easily fixed.

Old 09-16-2012, 05:23 PM

483 posts, read 1,559,707 times
Hmm this is an embarassing failure of the American educational system.

You have 132*84.2% = 111 lbs of LBM. To get to 10% bf you would need to weigh 111/0.90 = 123 lbs. That means you need to lose 9 lbs of fat in order to get to 10% bf, assuming you don't gain or lose LBM along the way
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness