Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2014, 06:27 AM

2 posts, read 215,122 times

Advertisements

....sorry about sounding negative here, but I'm so fed up at this stage, and the condition on my tongue isn't any better. I'd sure appreciate some good advice here if anyone has found a solution.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2014, 09:34 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,774,263 times
Try a different doctor. I think that's the best advice anyone here can give you, at this point.

Old 04-16-2014, 07:59 AM

10,087 posts, read 5,731,778 times
I remember having this sensation 10 years ago, and I was freaking out. Like you, I tried everything, eating crackers, wads of bread, but the sensation wouldn't go away.

After talking to a nurse, I figured out what was going on. Allergies had caused the flap in the back of my mouth to enlarge and it was sticking to the tongue whenever I swallowed which creates the sensation that something is stuck there. You might check with a flashlight and see if the flap looks longer than normal and if it is touching the tongue .

Old 04-19-2014, 01:35 AM

898 posts, read 1,218,520 times

Old 09-07-2014, 03:38 PM

1 posts, read 5,311 times
Hey those things are annoying. Try using the back of floss picks to dig them out and pay close attention to your tonsils and the delicacy therein. Small borrows in your tonsils are a little hard to maneuver in so be careful because you could experience minor bleeding, but fear not. That just means go a little softer on your tonsils. Those "stones" are not the best feeling in the world. I've seen a doctor who specified in oral functioning and he said there wasn't anything to worry about. They go away by themselves, but if you're on this site you are the take charge type of person and I highly recommend floss picks AND q tips because those "stones" may not have traction all of the time and the q tips could help grasping them easier. I hope this helps researchers of the infamous "stones". If there are things on your tongue then you probably need to see an oncologist on an otolaryngologist. Just references from someone who loves their health. Good luck.

Old 10-05-2015, 03:20 AM

1 posts, read 4,093 times
i have the same expreiance like u guys .once i went to the doct & he said to me that ther is nothing in my throat & nothing to worry about eventhough i still feel like ther is somthng stucking in my throat or at the back of my tongue.the bad thing is that i tried a lot of things but there is no soln for this

Old 10-05-2015, 12:33 PM

5,404 posts, read 15,991,884 times
Is your tongue coated with white? You could have thrush, which has gone down into your throat. It can make it feel like you have stuff stuck...and can cause choking....go to your doctor!

Old 11-05-2016, 07:45 PM

1 posts, read 3,369 times
I have this going on right now, the feeling intensifies immediately after eating. I've had it for about 2 months now and it's driving me CRAZY. I also went to an ENT and she said nope there is nothing there. Wait 6 weeks and if it's still bothering you, come back. I'm hoping this isn't going to be a lifelong issue, as it's so aggravating. Kind of disturbing because it basically started over night. Praying it goes away, for both of us.

Old 11-05-2016, 09:00 PM

4,901 posts, read 8,751,523 times
If you don't see any tonsil stones then it is most likely acid reflux. That's the way it felt to me when it was at its worst, like something in my throat all the time.

Old 11-06-2016, 05:56 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,886,374 times
Looks like tonsil stones to me. Google it. Also, sounds to me like you may have tonsillitis and may need a round of antibiotics.

One sure fire way to get rid of them is to have your tonsils removed.

Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness