Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2018, 02:40 AM

17 posts, read 15,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryleeII View Post
You're wasting you time! If such behavior was out of line, it wouldn't have happened in the first place. In case you haven't realized it by now, the patient is the lowest form of life in a medical setting! Suck it up and get out ASAP and don't look back Trust me, I used to write letters of complaint, well documented with dates, times, names, etc and either received o reply or a form letter "thank you for your comments. We strive to provide the best care..." However, nothing is done, and you just get yourself stirred up all over again reliving it by writing a complaint
I think as a patient we have to keep up any kind of pressure on hospital or office staff.One way is contact your state medical board they will look into any misconduct.Don't give up, patients are being taken advantage in medical settings.In their eye's we are the enemy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2018, 07:59 AM

37,110 posts, read 41,250,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toby347 View Post
I think as a patient we have to keep up any kind of pressure on hospital or office staff.One way is contact your state medical board they will look into any misconduct.Don't give up, patients are being taken advantage in medical settings.In their eye's we are the enemy.
No state medical board is going to investigate anyone for being rude.

Old 02-06-2018, 12:34 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,254,280 times
Hospitals are VERY concerned about customer service and it sounds like they need some help with morale at the hospital you went to. I work in healthcare and I haven't encountered what you describe in hospitals where I have worked; it wouldn't be tolerated. Find out who the patient relations coordinator is and contact them.

Old 02-06-2018, 01:00 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Hospitals are VERY concerned about customer service and it sounds like they need some help with morale at the hospital you went to. I work in healthcare and I haven't encountered what you describe in hospitals where I have worked; it wouldn't be tolerated. Find out who the patient relations coordinator is and contact them.
Yes, that was my thought,too, that rudeness complaints should be reported to the source.

Old 02-07-2018, 02:28 PM

3,106 posts, read 1,769,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
Yes, that was my thought,too, that rudeness complaints should be reported to the source.
Exactly, and at the time of the offense if you can, or as soon as possible afterwards. I would add that complaints should be presented in a polite facts-only manner. Angry rants will be dismissed as the ravings of an unhinged individual. Stick to the matter at hand and don't go off on unrelated tangents.

Using toby's original complaint against the MA, the complaint is about the way she interacted with him. It is about the rudeness. Nothing more nothing less. It has nothing to do with what MA's are allowed to do or their qualifications. That would be you putting your spin on the source of the problem. Doing so will likely get your complaint dismissed or at least not taken as seriously as it might have.

Old 02-08-2018, 03:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker53 View Post
Exactly, and at the time of the offense if you can, or as soon as possible afterwards. I would add that complaints should be presented in a polite facts-only manner. Angry rants will be dismissed as the ravings of an unhinged individual. Stick to the matter at hand and don't go off on unrelated tangents.

Using toby's original complaint against the MA, the complaint is about the way she interacted with him. It is about the rudeness. Nothing more nothing less. It has nothing to do with what MA's are allowed to do or their qualifications. That would be you putting your spin on the source of the problem. Doing so will likely get your complaint dismissed or at least not taken as seriously as it might have.
In a urologist office men are emotionally stressed out over just being there,at least I am.The last they need is a high school kid ( MA ) coming in and being bossy and disrespectful.

Old 02-08-2018, 11:25 AM

Quote:
In a urologist office men are emotionally stressed out over just being there,at least I am.The last they need is a high school kid ( MA ) coming in and being bossy and disrespectful.
I hear you. It is bad enough urologists almost always only hire female staff despite the majority of their patients being male and the majority of the exams and procedures involving intimate exposure. That they expect men to be quietly go along with being exposed in front of "professionals" who may not even have graduated high school (MA's and CNA's) and who might still be teenagers speaks to the double standard in medical care for men. That's not the issue here however.

As I understand it your complaint was rudeness. What you perceive to be the qualifications or status of the MA is not germane to the complaint. If your complaint is instead about being told to undress before speaking to the doctor, then you need to focus on the necessity of that protocol, not the person delivering the message that she is being paid to deliver. A complaint that is not clear as to what the actual complaint is will not be taken seriously.

Old 02-08-2018, 11:59 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
Quote:
One has to have a high school diploma or a GED to become an MA. Offices don't hire high school students to do that work.
https://www.onlinemedicalassistantpr...how-to-become/

Old 02-08-2018, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
One has to have a high school diploma or a GED to become an MA. Offices don't hire high school students to do that work.
https://www.onlinemedicalassistantpr...how-to-become/
CMA's completed school,MA's are not certified.

Old 02-08-2018, 01:14 PM

Quote:
CMA's completed school,MA's are not certified.
Yes. In my State an MA is anybody that a doctor wants to call an MA. If the doctor hires a 16 year old high school drop out to work at the front desk and then wants to call her an MA that he has in the room scribing, assisting in some manner, or serving as chaperone, that's what the doctor can do. The only restriction is that an MA can't do things that requires a license to perform.

I will add that in my State you can get your LNA license (Licensed Nursing Assistant, same as a CNA in other States) w/o a high school diploma at 16 and go to work doing anything and everything an LNA is licensed to do. Most hospitals won't hire them until they turn 18 but until then they can work in nursing homes or rehab centers, or in private practices.

Again, the educational background and age of the MA is not germane to the complaint. Rudeness was the problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness