Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 12:56 AM

2,886 posts, read 8,280,229 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobigred View Post
Here is a question for doctors and patients alike.

Doctors spend much time and money in receiving their education and degrees and are highly skilled professionals, no question. Most doctors are very well respected in the community, attend church on a regular basis, and demonstrate impeccable bedside manner when working with patients.

However, there is a question in the back of my mind that my friends and I were discussing last week. Can you take the "man" out of a male doctor when he is working with an attractive female patient? I don't necessarily mean an OB/GYN, but any doctor from internal medicine to a general practioner. Do men doctors notice attractive female patients? Men are the more stimulated by the visual than are females, hence the reason why I am asking this question about the male gender.

What is a male doctor thinking as he sees the shape and body of a fairly attractive female whether he is taking her blood pressure, taking her pulse, or giving her a breast exam? I have always heard that a doctor should not look at the patient or the breast while giving her an exam. Is this true? This question also popped up in the conversation with my lunch friends last week.

I'd like to hear from both doctors and patients.
Yes, but after seeing the same private parts so long they start to look just like another body part, it doesn't always matter if they are necessarily attractive females, since this is not always the standard; But the answer is more than likely going to be yes, will they want to jump your bones"? I seriously doubt it. Keep it professional, even though there are some that would deviate from this , I would say it is a flaw in their general character.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2007, 04:37 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,346,950 times
yhwhsha,

I beg to differ with you here because I have a friend that has had problems with such doctors.

Old 10-16-2007, 06:32 AM

448 posts, read 1,049,669 times
Jessaka, I don't doubt you know someone who has had a problem. Most people would be able to find some connection to someone who has been the victim of abuse. I get sad thinking about it. I supppose it is no different than teachers, priests counselors etc....the majority are ethical. There are bad apples in every profession. The thing that makes it so bad is these are people you go to in trust.
In the end for the "normal " medical professional, body parts are just body parts.

Old 10-16-2007, 06:38 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,616,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobigred View Post
Did he say if they notice only the young, slender types or any type they deem attractive? Say the doctor is 40 and the patient 30. Or does he only notice the teens and 20 somethings?
I think women of any age can be attractive. These guys were in their 30's at the time and probably were referring to women close to the same age.

Old 10-16-2007, 10:14 AM

2,886 posts, read 8,280,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessaka View Post
yhwhsha,

I beg to differ with you here because I have a friend that has had problems with such doctors.
I did mention that some deviate from the norm'.............................................

Old 10-16-2007, 06:40 PM

95 posts, read 1,294,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessaka View Post
yhwhsha,

What problems? Did they "come on" to her or ask her out? Was it subtle or outright?

Old 10-17-2007, 04:08 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,346,950 times
yhwhsha,

sorry, i didn't see that.

gobigred,

i don't want to go there other than to say they did not ask her out.

Old 10-17-2007, 05:36 AM

7,099 posts, read 27,175,023 times
Personal experience with my dermatologist:

I had a mole on my boob that showed with most button up tops. After years of remarks, I decided to have it taken off. Now, the dermatologist had to have a firm steady base to do his slicing, right? After watching him trying to figure out how to do this without a grope, I finally giggled and told him just to grab the thing and get it steady. Then HE started giggling. Trust me on this, you do not want a guy with one hand on your boobie and the other holding a sharp scalpel......and with a giggle.

We got things under control and all went well.

Old 10-17-2007, 09:59 AM

7,395 posts, read 19,335,694 times
I would say that since he's a man, of course he's going to notice the attractive females. That's very normal but unless he wants to lose his license, he'll remain professional.

Old 10-17-2007, 05:46 PM

95 posts, read 1,294,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgett2 View Post
Personal experience with my dermatologist:

I had a mole on my boob that showed with most button up tops. After years of remarks, I decided to have it taken off. Now, the dermatologist had to have a firm steady base to do his slicing, right? After watching him trying to figure out how to do this without a grope, I finally giggled and told him just to grab the thing and get it steady. Then HE started giggling. Trust me on this, you do not want a guy with one hand on your boobie and the other holding a sharp scalpel......and with a giggle.

We got things under control and all went well.
Now that's a funny story! It sounds like you and your doctor both have a very good sense of humor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness