Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2012, 02:40 PM

53 posts, read 172,519 times

Advertisements

I have supreme difficulty falling asleep. The fastest way I know works for me is to try to visualize something interesting enough for my brain to take it and run with it. Come to think of it, I NEVER fall asleep until I have started dreaming, already before I'm even totally out. It's been that way for a very long time.. the times when someone wakes me right as I'm about to fall asleep I get mad because I was already dreaming something interesting. But you're not supposed to dream until about 90 minutes after you initally fall asleep.

Just bought a FitBit tracker that is an actigraph (tracks movement during sleep) and I also see that I am never completely still for more than 30-60 minutes at a time during the night (most of my still periods are 30-45 minutes at a time; out of three nights I've only gotten one completely still period of 60 minutes.) From what I've seen online, you're not supposed to move at all, but actually be almost paralyzed, during deep and REM sleep.

I am considerably sleepy from the time I get up (wake up repeatedly between 5:30-7:30, get up at 7:45/8) until about 10:30 -11 am. Then I am usually alert ( but ALWAYS fatigued.. I can't get rid of it) until about 7 and I'm drowsy again. I quit taking a sleeping medicine (Trazodone) about 3 full months ago and so I'm seeing what my natural sleep patterns are. I never really was rested during the time I took the meds either.

Also I just attempted a nap between 2-4; the only way to fal asleep was to try to dream, and I know I had about five different dreams because I woke so many times from noises- I don't think I got any real sleep, I just dreamed on and off. But I do feel slightly rested.

Any thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2012, 03:38 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,829,411 times
Obstructive sleep apnea or another sleep disorder.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 12-30-2012, 05:44 PM

53 posts, read 172,519 times
Don't have traditional insurance, so I can't fork out the dough to get a sleep study done. Has anyone heard of the Zeo sleep device? It's a headband, and it can read the stages of your sleep pretty accurately. I am trying to decide whether to buy it and compare results from my FitBit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness