Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2013, 09:41 PM

288 posts, read 717,099 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitram View Post
OP your BP numbers are in the high normal range. Not to be worried about. Your BP changes from minute to minute with daily activites, stress etal. Your doctor should know this.
Check this BP site out for your BP range rating and what it means.
Blood Pressure Chart - Normal Blood Pressure Range
Just seeing this now. Great chart! I feel a lot better about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2013, 09:49 PM

288 posts, read 717,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarragon View Post
Do you snore? Sleep apnea can make for a case of stubborn high blood pressure.
I am fairly certain that I suffered from sleep apnea. I found myself waking up not breathing and gasping for air many times over the previous years. Very scary. However, since losing weight (I now lost about 20 lbs - weight is 143-147 at 5'5"), I have not had any sleep apnea episodes for many months. I am feeling a lot better now. I have not taken my BP in a long while. I think focus on it so much was not mentally healthy.

The major contributors to my high BP are...

High sodium (burgers, fries, soda)
High Fructose Corn Syrup (soda, Ketchup)
Stress
Lack of sleep

My diet is much better. I eat a lot less and healthier. Sodium intake is much lower. I haven't had soda in perhaps 10 months.

I need to handle stress and sleep better. Some major changes will be taking place in my life over the next two months - but focused on a better lifestyle. Hopefully I can get back to a better sleep routine.

I appreciate all of the feedback from this forum. Excellent posts!

Old 06-03-2013, 09:54 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,203,740 times
My BP is always on the high side when I go to the Dr but when I was in the hospital a few years back I was monitored continuously and it was fine. I've had it taken a couple times this month (various Dr's for various reasons) and it was always high. As an experiment I took half a Xanax before going to one appt, it was completely normal. Xanax will not lower BP but it removes the "white coat" syndrome apparently.

Old 06-08-2013, 01:21 PM

2,222 posts, read 10,648,168 times
My doctor told me the latest evidence shows that spiking blood pressure, even the white coat syndrome kind, can do damage and take years off your life. And spiking is most likely happening when you don't know it.

I also take Xanax and it does not help with the spiking. Maybe for some, but not me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness