Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2013, 07:34 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,276,876 times

Advertisements

michimaize...I think you should try something else,,,not pills, I'm thinking maybe a copper iud
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2013, 06:09 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,015,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michimaize View Post
within 15 minutes, the lastest ive been was 45 minutes once. never missed a pill. id say its heavier than spotting but lighter than most days of my period (but i have heavier periods). the info packet from the pharmacy says to call the doctor if it lasts more than 7 days

I had the same thing happen on a lower dose pill. I too used to have very heavy periods and it's just your adjusting to the hormones. As I said, you might have to try several brands till you find the right one. I'm currently on Ov Con 35 and Im telling you, it's a lifesaver!

Don't give up..pills are very safe, much safer than they used to be and once you find the right one, you'll be so happy.

Old 02-27-2013, 11:29 AM

133 posts, read 498,315 times
the copper iud worries me because of the possibility of even heavier periods. mirena looks interesting since a lot of times it is used to treat heavy periods, but since ive been bleeding daily on the pills (although it seems lighter on this pack of pills), i wonder if it would cause the same problems. next time i see my doctor (probably within a few weeks if it doesnt stop), i may mention mirena and possibly run the idea of endometrial ablation past her, although i doubt most doctors would be willing to consider it based on my age.

Old 02-27-2013, 11:43 AM

37,110 posts, read 41,250,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michimaize View Post
the copper iud worries me because of the possibility of even heavier periods. mirena looks interesting since a lot of times it is used to treat heavy periods, but since ive been bleeding daily on the pills (although it seems lighter on this pack of pills), i wonder if it would cause the same problems. next time i see my doctor (probably within a few weeks if it doesnt stop), i may mention mirena and possibly run the idea of endometrial ablation past her, although i doubt most doctors would be willing to consider it based on my age.
Endometrial ablation is not a treatment for breakthrough bleeding with birth control pills. It is useful after all childbearing is complete and medical treatments have not controlled heavy bleeding, but it does not provide contraception. Pregnancies can occur after the procedure and they may be complicated by placental abnormalities.

There is a very high probability that your problem will go away with no further treatment if you just keep taking your current pill on schedule.

Old 02-27-2013, 09:28 PM

133 posts, read 498,315 times
i know an ablation isnt for breakthrough bleeding, but one of the reasons im on birth control pills is to lighten my period, which ablation typically treats. complicated pregnancies tend to be somewhat common in my family, so im leaning towards not having biological children anyways. if there was a doctor willing to do an elective hysterectomy on someone my age without children, i might consider it since it would solve both my problems
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness