Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2013, 12:41 AM

11,495 posts, read 26,859,038 times

Advertisements

I get migraines and the pain is about a 6, possibly a 7 depending on where the focus is and if I'm vomiting or not.

My broken leg was an 8. I didn't feel it until a couple of hours later. That's how you know it's going to be a really bad one. They gave me ibuprofen and a very low dose of codeine for it. That night, I woke my husband up over and over because I was beating the bedclothes trying to put out the fire (which was just my leg hurting). Once I was on strong enough meds to manage the pain, when it wore off when I was asleep, I would moan and cry. Then the ace bandage the ER put on it fell off and I went to a better ER to get a cast. They squeezed and twisted the bones into the position that was as close as it was going to get without surgery, and I thought I would black out from the pain. When I did have the surgery, it didn't hurt at all, but when the meds they had injected wore off, the pain was excruciating. I called the hospital, I begged for something stronger, they said no, and I just had to wait it out. Half my hair turned white during the months I recovering from my broken leg. I considered suicide at several points (one was when I got a UTI from the catheter during the surgery, a UTI and a broken leg are a hellish combination). You get to a point where something is painful enough that you will take any medication, regardless of side effects, if they say it will help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness