Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2013, 02:38 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,509,498 times

Advertisements

Since Sunday night I've been battling a pretty bad cold. At first I believed the culprit was chicken strips at Houlihan's, since I felt really really bad after the meal (headache almost immediately.)

Here are the symptoms:

Sunday Night: General Unease
Day 1 (Monday): Chills, Hot sweats, some diarrhea, massive headache, joint pain.
Day 2 (Tuesday): Chills, hot sweats, massive diarrhea in the late evening, moderate joint pain, headache dissipates, nasal congestion starts, coughing.
Day 3 (Today): con't nasal congestion, minor chills, joint pain gone, no diharrea, still feeling under the weather.

Anyway, I felt a LOT better after the diarrhea episode last night. Since I've been sick, there has been no vomiting. Usually when I have a cold it moves from sore throat to conjestion and then to coughing before it leaves. This cold (or whatever it is) has taken an odd path but I'm still holding it together ok.

So does anyone know what this could be? I know from research that food poisoning can be diharrea and/or vomiting, and flu like symptoms can be associated with it as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2013, 02:49 PM

44,547 posts, read 61,242,694 times
Could be you got both at the same time. It's not unusual. Hope you feel better soon.

Old 04-03-2013, 03:07 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,509,498 times
Thanks!

Old 04-03-2013, 04:07 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,599,381 times
Something like e.coli? You need a trip to the doc/walk-in clinic.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 12-25-2013, 09:47 PM

7,064 posts, read 12,571,002 times
The couple of times I had food poisoning, I had wonderful, plentiful vomiting as well as diarrhea...it lasted two days, with the worst in the first 24 hours), though I felt weak for a week or more.

Once I had to fly with it so took a copious amount of Pepto Bismol to get me home.

Could be you have a different variety of food poisoning, but I'd cast my vote for flu...

Lots of gentle teas (herbal), rest, and eating a bland diet (think rice, non-cream soups) should set you right in a few days.

Old 12-25-2013, 11:51 PM

2,547 posts, read 4,210,256 times
sounds like the flu to me, food poisoning doesn't cause respiratory symptoms like congestion and coughing.
Some types of flu can show up with gastro symptoms, although it's also possible that you got an upset stomach from the food plus a flu or cold by coincidence.

Old 12-25-2013, 11:53 PM

51 posts, read 89,101 times
I've never heard or had joint pain with food poisoning, just horrid puking + fever or diarrhea.

Old 12-27-2013, 09:39 AM

6,954 posts, read 11,990,093 times
I agree. Sounds like flu. Do you have an appetite? Or does the thought of food make you ill? Any fever? Cough and sore throat is the flu. Sinus congestion is flu. Did you get a flu shot? Not that it matters. Just a thought.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness