U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2013, 03:48 PM

910 posts, read 2,006,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
What cancer? What herbs?
Why do you want to know? So you can find a way to descredit them? One lady in FL that I communicated with recently through a bulletin board over there, was cured mainly by DIET, she told me she followed the Budwig Protocol, but that was not the only thing she did, she also went outside to sun herself (for natural Vit. D) and probably other things to AID the body to heal itself. Since she's only an acquaintance I don't know all the details nor exactly how many years she has been well but she is now living a very full life. I also know a woman who got cured of thyroid cancer by natural means, including the use of inorganic iodine (NOT the radioactive stuff doctors use).

I used to go to the forums on Curezone.com and there were lots of testimonies of people who got cured from cancer through natural means, and it wasn't just one thing (just as cancer isn't just "one" disease). But of course, if you don't believe in alternative medicine and are not "plugged in" to the community you will hardly hear of such cases because it isn't going to be your doctor who tells you about them!
Rate this post positively

Old 04-04-2013, 04:15 PM

910 posts, read 2,006,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
Oh you mean like the natural drugs, supplements, and organic vegan diet that cured Steve Jobs? Yeah you're right - let's all do like he did.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
Anedcotal at best. Suspect is a huge understatement.

I'm calling BS on a cancer cure by "chewing herbs."

We should ask him how that's working out. Oh wait, we can't.
Hey, the missing two of the "vocal trio" are here! Feel free to try to gang up on me, I'm used to it by now!

I don't see the point of mentioning Steve Jobs, what's just one example anyway? I can't give an opinion because 1) I don't know if that was his sole choice of treatment 2) and what he did specifically. We all DO know that there are MANY causes of cancer, including emotional and spiritual, so it's not possible for there to be ONE single cure for all. But we also know, or at least I hope others know, that when the body is given the optimal conditions it will heal itself, and that's what "Alternative Medicine" seeks to do, unlike traditional medicine which doesn't even consider if a person's body is strong enough to handle the "heavy artillery" they will be hit with through chemo and radiation. The sad truth is that a large majority of people who "die of cancer" have really been KILLED by the toxicity and devastation caused in the human body by such aggressive yet often ineffective causes, but it's very convenient to simply say "oh, the cancer killed them". I'd rather do my best in a way that is agreeable to my body than by ravaging my body in such a senseless way. As for you and the rest, you are free to choose what you will, just LEAVE the rest of us to do the same!

And anyway, this was NOT only about cancer. What about other illnesses that Big Pharma loves to treat for life like diabetes, "acid reflux", arthritis, high cholesterol (not even an illness but a so-called threat of heart disease), depression, etc., etc. Maybe I'm one of the few paying attention, but I haven't heard of a cure for anything for decades, but since my memory could fail I would sincerely appreciate a reminder, it would be good for a change to have something positive to say about modern medicine!

Old 04-04-2013, 04:22 PM

19,867 posts, read 59,364,179 times
This has wandered off into Alt Med territory and is now clised.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 04-04-2013, 04:56 PM

10,095 posts, read 18,371,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StilltheMan View Post
I'm sorry about your son, how was his health before his passing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
I have a son who has celebrated his twentieth anniversary of finishing chemotherapy for childhood leukemia. he's not here today because he munched on bits and pieces of herbs. He's here because dedicated researchers of the pharmaceutical industry and knowledgeable doctors came up with therapy that worked.
Psst read a little more carefully. . . Glad you still have your son Suzy.

Old 04-04-2013, 05:06 PM

19,867 posts, read 59,364,179 times
Arrrgh! I use4d my phone and checked that it closed, but it seems to have reversed itself.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.