Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2018, 03:43 PM

15,143 posts, read 27,772,702 times

Advertisements

Since this was resurrected after so many yrs. - I have had a prescription for it for yrs. for the osteoarthritis in my hand. I ONLY use it when nothing else works - sometimes I just use the OTC cream I get from CVS that kind of works, and only then when it's really bad) - read the instructions (IF anyone is still following this, can't read the previous post - ingredients are absorbed into your body, use very sparingly, etc. Personally I only use this MAYBE a couple times a yr.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2018, 03:59 PM

792 posts, read 1,176,429 times
Just last week my Doc gave me a prescription for the pills. Doc says I have arthritis in my foot.
I did find the gel on eBay bought some fairly cheap and it works.

Old 07-03-2018, 04:04 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,738,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawter View Post
Just last week my Doc gave me a prescription for the pills. Doc says I have arthritis in my foot.
I did find the gel on eBay bought some fairly cheap and it works.
You found the script gel on ebay? Was it used and someone selling it. ebay is not a pharmacy.
OK, I found it, it's from Poland and they can somehow sell it here.

Old 07-03-2018, 04:17 PM

10,093 posts, read 6,426,807 times
I love Voltaren gel. I use it on my lower back almost daily and also on my knees. When I was transitioning from the ICU to rehab after my recent heart attack, I strained a muscle in my left side shifting around in the hospital bed. This set off a series of muscles spasms in my left shoulder and down my left side. Fortunately I had my "home" prescription for the Voltaren gel so the rehab facility could order it for me to be used there. The nurses would apply it four times a day and at night follow the application with a warmed blanket. That would allow me to sleep on the uncomfortable bed with some relief from the spasms and pain. By the end of my week in rehab the spasms were completely gone, for which I was extremely grateful.

Old 07-03-2018, 04:29 PM

Yes, I got a new tube on eBay and it wasn't expensive. Just search for it. I will come from outside of the US.
I have bought several things on eBay that are normally by prescription only.

Old 07-03-2018, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawter View Post
Yes, I got a new tube on eBay and it wasn't expensive. Just search for it. I will come from outside of the US.
I have bought several things on eBay that are normally by prescription only.
If this product produced for foreign markets is about the same as the U.S. produced one, we sure do get fleeced pricewise for our drugs...of course, it's a known.

Old 07-04-2018, 05:46 AM

Fleeced, INDEED!
Comfortis is a monthly pill you give to your dog or cat to keep fleas and ticks away. I bought some from my vet but I had to take my dog for a wellness exam ($45) before they'd sell any to me.
It cost $20 for 1 pill from my vet. I found it on eBay and bought 6 pills for $60. It came from China.

Old 07-04-2018, 04:24 PM

2,819 posts, read 2,583,558 times
I used it when traveling abroad in Europe. It was OTC there and it somewhat helped. I wouldn’t say it was as effective as meloxicam or an opiate but it was better than Tylenol. Never hurts to try and at worst it doesn’t work and you continue the hunt.

I was also using it for bone on bone knee pain so that likely prevented it from working as well as it could have.

Old 07-04-2018, 06:24 PM

3,211 posts, read 2,976,256 times
My husband pays $15 for three tubes of it, insurance covers the rest. He says it takes the edge off the pain.

Old 07-04-2018, 07:17 PM

One pays for that insurance somewhere, if a person opted for Pres D insurance when they bought into Medicare or if they have HMO or. I pay out of pocket for my inexpensive meds and this is not one of them. I have straight medicare PPO. So I'm on my own.

Thinking back I believe Pres D was going to be like $7 a month and that was about 15 yrs ago, wonder what that $7 is today if I had taken it. Even if it had stayed at $7/mon and for 15 yrs I would have paid about $1260 for Pres D. But I know it didn't stay at $7....a tad off topic but it's about the cost of the pain cream and I don't find it's helping much after a couple days. I had hoped for more relief.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness