Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2013, 06:29 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,861,079 times

Advertisements

Has anyone else ever had distorted visual sensations with a migraine or fever?

I used to notice it mainly when I was a child. It is difficult to explain, but it occurred at night in the dark. I would be half asleep and imagining myself in a large pitch dark space or room (like an empty warehouse or auditorium). Suddenly I would be across the other side face to the wall, while at the same time seemed to be viewing it from the far side. It would sort of switch "back and forth" but at the same time it seemed.

Has anyone else ever experienced this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2013, 06:46 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,282,243 times
I did. Only once, though, when I had the flu as a young teen. I became very small, and was trying to get from one side of the bed to the other. Running running, and trying to beat someone else in rolling up giant balls of sheet strips.

Yeah, I had a heck of a fever.

Old 05-25-2013, 12:58 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,354,404 times
I actually have this happen quite a bit but did not know there was a name for it. It happens for the most part if I have a migraine and it is always when I am in the basement.

The floor seems like it is much further beneath my feet, everything looks very far away, and the ceiling seems much higher.

It also does not help that the floor has these squares of many different colors.

Old 05-25-2013, 07:14 PM

8,452 posts, read 15,039,467 times
As an adult, with migraines I saw what looked like silver snow falling before my eyes.

As a child, I once had a fever of 107 degrees (pneumonia). I hallucinated all kinds of weird things, and I remember each one vividly today.

Old 10-16-2013, 09:19 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,354,404 times
I was doing some research on this the other day and that is why I am bringing the thread back. I was reading about it happening to people with extra electricity in their bodies, people who have epilepsy, migraines, etc.

I never like to tell people about this experience because really, it sounds like you are out of your mind or high.

It happened to me again the other day and after reading some things about it I felt a lot better. I have epilepsy and extra electricity in my body, as well as migraines.

It is a very strange feeling if you have never felt it.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness