Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2006, 04:40 PM

6,044 posts, read 24,089,952 times

Advertisements

I'm about 10 lbs overweight but in fine health otherwise. My husband ought to be perfectly healthy (exercises 5x week, eats well, doesn't smoke or drink, low bp, low cholestrol) but he had a stroke in August. He recovered completely after a few weeks, but they still don't know what caused the stroke, are still trying to figure it out. The doctors said, thank goodness he is in such good shape, or he would not have recovered so well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2006, 06:27 PM

2,098 posts, read 6,328,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by christina0001 View Post
I'm about 10 lbs overweight but in fine health otherwise. My husband ought to be perfectly healthy (exercises 5x week, eats well, doesn't smoke or drink, low bp, low cholestrol) but he had a stroke in August. He recovered completely after a few weeks, but they still don't know what caused the stroke, are still trying to figure it out. The doctors said, thank goodness he is in such good shape, or he would not have recovered so well.

Wow, I'm so sorry to hear that...glad he's doing well though. That is definitely scary when you hear that healthy/athletic people go through things like that. It's also just as inspiring to see that people can pull through and not give up.

Old 10-20-2006, 10:21 PM

1,316 posts, read 5,788,420 times
Lightbulb Pixie!

Might be planter fascitis! I have this & it SUCKS!!!!!!!!! I used to walk alot on my treadmill but - you know by now I don't even remember! March 1 2006 was the last time I "walked" walked.
As in that was it. I read about what I was experiencing on the net - arch/heel "pain"/stiffness, limping when getting up from bed or after sitting a long time (which I always do...) ugh!!!!!!!
I finally did stretches & it was feeling better - I was even able to go hiking for a few hours in April!
But then it got worse again & I FINALLY went to a podiatrist.
I hate to go to drs, don't trust em, but I was at my wits end!
So after trying some Spenco orthotics, it got better, but then worse again.
So I had the real deal ones made for 400$ (of COURSE insurance doesn't cover it ) and thought in a week or so I'd be back on my treadmill.
Well it's been 2 months & I STILL can't walk for long - even NOT on the treadmill, without some sort of ache/"stiffness".
I'm SOOOOOOOOO frustrated I don't know what to do anymore.
I am thinking of going to a different podiatrist.
Seems alot of times people are NICE, but that doesn't necessarily mean they know what they're doing!
I still limp around - makes me feel like 100!
I used to walk FAST!!!!!! Now I can barely walk normal!
It's just my right arch/heel. But AAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!
I AM about 20lbs overweight, (for some reason every year when I go for a checkup I'm almost 10lbs heavier! Lucky I was skinny to begin with! )
so I guess that doesn't help, but how in the hell can I lose weight without exercising?!
I really don't eat that much.
In fact I believe the weight gain came from age (slower metabolism) and LACK OF EXERCISE!!!!!!!
I used to walk walk walk.
Now I sit sit sit.
But anyway, maybe that's what you have. Look it up.
Hope you don't, although it's NOT supposed to be this difficult!
My dad had it - he walks ALOT! 8 miles on a treadmill - but the orthotics worked for him!!!
Same for mom! She doesn't exercise much, is overweight, and they worked for her.
Why aren't they working for me?!
Sorry for the long post...Frustration...
AND I need a root canal...

Old 10-21-2006, 07:53 PM

2,290 posts, read 2,471,344 times
I've had 2 blood test come back abnormal last week and I'm having a biopsy Tuesday so if we have some praying people, please say one for me.

Old 10-21-2006, 08:19 PM

622 posts, read 2,709,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by a1m1700 View Post
I've had 2 blood test come back abnormal last week and I'm having a biopsy Tuesday so if we have some praying people, please say one for me.
Oh no! Keep your chin up... I'm sure everything will be OK. No need to worry yet. Be positive!

Old 10-21-2006, 09:06 PM

2,815 posts, read 12,985,389 times
Quote:
I will pray for you. I promise. I mean the real stuff where I get down on my hands and knees and first confess my sins and then claim the covering of Jesus as having forgiven me already so that I can be sure the Holy Spirit is in my heart and I can ask God directly to watch over you. If it has something to do with cancer - well... I'm getting to be an expert on that subject and there are some things you can do that most people never hear of which might shock you.

Old 10-22-2006, 12:12 AM

2,290 posts, read 2,471,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMark View Post
I will pray for you. I promise. I mean the real stuff where I get down on my hands and knees and first confess my sins and then claim the covering of Jesus as having forgiven me already so that I can be sure the Holy Spirit is in my heart and I can ask God directly to watch over you. If it has something to do with cancer - well... I'm getting to be an expert on that subject and there are some things you can do that most people never hear of which might shock you.

Thank you so much MoMark, I really do appreciate it.
Wow that shocked me I didn't expect something like that to come from someone who is voting Democrat

Old 10-22-2006, 05:39 AM

1,104 posts, read 3,333,980 times
Quote:
My thoughts and prayers are with you!!!

Old 10-22-2006, 09:21 AM

2,815 posts, read 12,985,389 times
Quote:
Wow that shocked me I didn't expect something like that to come from someone who is voting Democrat
I did pray for you as promised last night. God knows who you are and what's going on with you, so I did as I said, which was good for me too!
I'm actually probably the most conservative "Democrat" on the planet. I usually vote Republican! I'm just so sick of both parties and I want to send a message that's loud and clear that will move these incompetent dinosaurs on both sides... and the best way to shove their butts is to vote them out of office. I am a registered Democrat because I had to choose when I registered in Nevada years ago, and I thought... in the end, I can vote for a Democrat or a Republican but if I'm a Democrat, I can help Trojan Horse influence who gets to the election!! I'm extremely conservative regarding the Military, immigration/illegal migration, taxes, etc. When it comes to America, my attitude is, ***** everyone else. This is my country and I resent the antics, hypocrisy and pettiness of the Europeans, the smarmy backstabbing of the Russians, the two-faced double-dealing of the Chinese, etc. and I'm for doing what's good for America. I'm no United Nations fan. I'm pretty liberal when it comes to the issue of a national health insurance of some kind. I know private insurance works great. I have Blue Cross Blue Shield and they've paid probably $50-80,000 for me over the years with no problems. But, that costs me $316/Month to maintain and I'm fortunate I've been able to pay it. Many people can't, many people with children and spouses are out of luck as to cover a family is just too expensive. To maintain COBRA benefits after a job change (an up to 18 month extension of the benefits one had at one's job) is ultra expensive and most people can't afford the payments and are forced to go uninsured. And unlike illegal migrants who flood Texas and California hospitals and receive free medical and abuse our system, Americans will get pursued by bill collection agencies and sued to dissolve their assets, if any, to pay medical bills. I know national healthcare doesn't work well. Canada is experiencing horrible quality in healthcare and skyrocketing costs and even though every Canadian is legally able to partake of it, they have to wait forever for services, sometimes dying in the waiting. Britain is no better. There must be a middle ground, even if it's a mixture of private insurance which provides the quality and some form of government assistance regarding premiums...maybe there's an acceptable median somewhere. I'm all for capitalism, but when I see a large company that is so influential like WalMart keep its workers (over a million of them) on overtime without pay, wage caps, and limited health-care benefits, I have to reevaluate my negative feelings about unions. I don't like unions and I think they eventually ruin a business or industry (auto industry for ex.), but, I also worry about these super powerful companies riding roughshod over workers with no checks and balances. The existing employment laws have been ignored. A union would force them to behave. Too bad we can't institute unions for (for example) a five year period to get the abuses curbed, then have it automatically expire legally unless voted in again, that way it doesn't grow into an unwieldy carbuncle as unions historically have done. So, I'm a trojan horse voter in the Democratic party. I will hang myself before I ever vote for Hillary Clinton and I see my presence in that party as a way of thwarting people like her So, that's my view on stuff... But when it comes to God and praying, we're all equal before Him and I'm sure He's looking out for you too

Last edited by MoMark; 10-22-2006 at 09:30 AM..

Old 10-23-2006, 10:59 AM

2,098 posts, read 6,328,712 times
Quote:

Keep your chin up...I went through that too recently (thank God, so far everything is okay except for the Endoscopy I'm going for in two days...I'm petrified). Anyway, I'll pray for you too and remember, abnormal blood work does not necessarily mean something is wrong...I mean it...so TRY to stay calm
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness