Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2013, 04:41 PM

51 posts, read 95,032 times

Advertisements

Update: had my pre op yesterday and surgery is schooled for July 10th!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2013, 03:41 PM

855 posts, read 1,384,541 times
Macromastia is very serious. Gynecomastia is very serious in men.

Breast reduction surgery is very serious.

There are women who legitimately need this surgery and it's the only option for them. The pain is way too unbearable almost to the point of excruciating at times, so going under the knife makes a lot of sense.

Other women I know who have considered getting this surgery eventually opted out against it. What changed their minds? Being introduced and in some cases re-introduced to the world of fitness, dedicated weight training and better dieting habits that is.

I knew a girl who naturally dropped three cup sizes and lost a ton of weight after learning how to better care for her body while hitting the gym on a regular basis. This may not work for all women because nobody shares the same metabolic rate.

I think the most important aspect of any surgery is that it should be well thought out and well planned before the surgeon makes the first cut.

Old 07-11-2013, 04:55 PM

51 posts, read 95,032 times
Shortnblack I totally agree with you! I am 5'7 and weigh 124 so weight was not an option.

I did have the surgery yesterday and am ecstatic about the results! I am painless as long as I take the pain killers on time. I was up and walking around a tiny bit yesterday but I am much more active today. I'm so happy with the reduction!

Old 07-11-2013, 05:27 PM

2,279 posts, read 4,743,861 times
I see your surgery was yesterday, so I imagine you're probably doped up on pain meds right now. Best wishes for speedy healing!

If you wouldn't mind sharing a bit about your recovery and results, I'd love to hear it. I've thought about having a reduction before too, and I probably will one of these days -- I wear a 36GG and in addition to the back and neck pain, it also makes it extremely difficult to find clothing that looks nice, flattering, and appropriate. I really struggle with my work wardrobe in particular.

Old 09-05-2015, 07:51 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,439,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slicklorin View Post
Shortnblack I totally agree with you! I am 5'7 and weigh 124 so weight was not an option.

I did have the surgery yesterday and am ecstatic about the results! I am painless as long as I take the pain killers on time. I was up and walking around a tiny bit yesterday but I am much more active today. I'm so happy with the reduction!
I would love to hear some updates since it has been a few years. Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness