Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2013, 09:33 PM

1,889 posts, read 2,514,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitram View Post
Allergy skin tests: What you can expect - MayoClinic.com

According to Mayo Clinic 40 skin pricks are about the norm, but that can be higher or lower depending on your environmental area and what specifically is being tested.
I had 50 tests for native and non native vegetation, animal dander, and then a separate test later for about 30 different foods.
Thanks for the link. I read it and I'll do a lot more research when I get more serious about considering allergy shots. One thing that I forgot to think of is that I'm currently considered moving in the next few years and in consideration of that, I may have to hold off on the allergy shots until I know I'm going to be in a certain location for a few years since I won't be able to see the same doctor.

If anyone is still curious about my sinuses, I went to an ENT yesterday and he scoped my nose and didn't find anything. Put me on Afrin nasal spray and the antibiotic Ceftin. He also said that I could get a CAT scan if I wanted to but I'm hesitant since I know that's a lot of radiation. I have a feeling the ENT doesn't really care how much radiation I get as he doesn't know what's causing my headaches. I'm feeling slightly better today (although that could just be coincidence) but still have the headaches. I just hope I'm feeling better soon, I don't know how much more of this I can take.
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2016, 04:12 PM

1 posts, read 553 times
Four years ago I was in the military "cost matrix", as I call it, with terrible headaches and tooth pain. My PCM just kept putting me on various headache meds which did nothing at all. I finally got very angry at him (he was a Captain, mind you, and no I don't recommend ever doing this) and said "How about we stop putting a bandaid on this and find out WHY I'm having headaches?". After seeing the ENT, getting CT scans and MRIs, a neurologist said I had "the worst sinus infection I've ever seen". Four months later I had sinoscopy surgery, which helped for awhile. Yay! No sinus infections....until about six months later. Ever since then, I go through these "sinu-cycles" as I call them where an infection will build up and build up, peak, then kind of ebb away. It's about a 3-4 week cycle. By the time I realize it's happening, and make a med appointment, then it's already going away. Now seven days ago I came home from work with these awful flu-like body aches and chills and they haven't gone away. I've been taking so much pain meds that I think my liver is completely wasted. The pain meds take away most of the body aches, but my headache always remains. I was thinking maybe I have Fibromyalgia....but then was thinking that, in the past, I would have terrible achey legs, usually only at night. Now I'm wondering if the chronic leg pain is caused by my sinuses. That just doesn't make sense. I feel like I'm losing my mind right now. I don't think my PCM believes me. Do I need a second sinoscopy?? Will that even help? I am so afraid that I'm doomed to feel like this for the rest of my life.
Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness