U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-06-2007, 04:22 PM
 
13,138 posts, read 37,322,013 times
Reputation: 12153

Advertisements

My question is does anyone know of any High Fructose Corn Syrup free Yogurts out there. I bought a bunch of Activa only to learn after i got home the ingredients state HFCS. Needless to say i was dissapoimnted and tossed them out. I thought i heard that the Low Carb ones are free of this but are there any out there that you can recommend.

Thanks....6/3
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-06-2007, 04:40 PM
 
Location: in drifts of snow wherever you go
2,493 posts, read 3,440,004 times
Reputation: 692
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6 FOOT 3 View Post
My question is does anyone know of any High Fructose Corn Syrup free Yogurts out there. I bought a bunch of Activa only to learn after i got home the ingredients state HFCS. Needless to say i was dissapoimnted and tossed them out. I thought i heard that the Low Carb ones are free of this but are there any out there that you can recommend.

Thanks....6/3

I usually buy plain yogurt and add fresh or frozen fruit. Frozen raspberries work well. You can also buy plain and add honey or maple syrup if you like the sweet taste, but I think berries work fine.

greenie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2007, 05:16 PM
 
13,138 posts, read 37,322,013 times
Reputation: 12153
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMachine View Post
I usually buy plain yogurt and add fresh or frozen fruit. Frozen raspberries work well. You can also buy plain and add honey or maple syrup if you like the sweet taste, but I think berries work fine.

greenie
I have checked the Plain Yogurts and on the ingredients on the back side still shows High Fructose Corn Syrup.....

Maybe i'll have to check out the Natural Grocery stores.

6/3
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2007, 05:21 PM
 
Location: in drifts of snow wherever you go
2,493 posts, read 3,440,004 times
Reputation: 692
I buy Brown Cow yogurt. Plain does not have any corn syrup.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2007, 05:58 PM
 
13,138 posts, read 37,322,013 times
Reputation: 12153
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMachine View Post
I buy Brown Cow yogurt. Plain does not have any corn syrup.
o.k. thanks Greenie....is that sold at the regular grocery stores like Smiths or Albertsons here in Albuquerque or are they sold at Whole Foods/Wild Oats type stores.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2007, 06:08 PM
 
Location: on an island
13,386 posts, read 41,512,066 times
Reputation: 13277
Dannon plain yogurt does not have any HFCS.
I'd venture to say that no plain yogurt has any HFCS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2007, 06:35 PM
 
Location: in drifts of snow wherever you go
2,493 posts, read 3,440,004 times
Reputation: 692
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6 FOOT 3 View Post
o.k. thanks Greenie....is that sold at the regular grocery stores like Smiths or Albertsons here in Albuquerque or are they sold at Whole Foods/Wild Oats type stores.....
I usually fine it at Whole Foods. It is competitively priced and I go through a lot of it. I buy the frozen organic raspberries and put those on top...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2007, 06:39 PM
 
Location: in drifts of snow wherever you go
2,493 posts, read 3,440,004 times
Reputation: 692
Quote:
Originally Posted by cil View Post
Dannon plain yogurt does not have any HFCS.
I'd venture to say that no plain yogurt has any HFCS.
The OP is correct. Some plain yogurt does have HFCS....

Danon does not...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-07-2007, 01:30 AM
 
Location: Somewhere.
10,197 posts, read 22,683,814 times
Reputation: 8269
The Dannon naturals does not have HFCS. Also Stonyfield Farm. Brown Cow yogurt should not contain it since it is a natural brand.
Trader joe's sells some of the tastiest yogurt on earth. Made in France. Absolutely natural. Very thick and creamy. I buy the plain and it tastes great as it is. It also comes in lemon flavor.

Some yogurts will proclaim on the label that they are all natural, but when you look on the ingredient list, you find ingredients you don't want. Always read labels before putting them in your cart. That's the best way. And you save money by not having to toss it after you get home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-07-2007, 05:52 AM
 
13,138 posts, read 37,322,013 times
Reputation: 12153
Ive written these suggestions down so i'll check em out when i go back to the Grocery Store.

Thanks again.... 6/3
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top