Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2013, 08:32 PM

12,773 posts, read 14,978,563 times

Advertisements

Maybe someone can offer some input. For the last few months or so, I don't feel quite right. I'm 38. My diet isn't great & I admit, I've gained some weight. I do drink a lot of lemon water though. I'm not very pysically active at all. I've never had any medical/health problems ever & I've never smoked or drank. At times, but not regularly, I take some vitamins (D, multi-vitamin, etc.)

Something feels funny in my nasal cavity, head, & maybe throat areas. I feel congested all the time, like my sinuses aren't clear, but I can still breathe with my mouth closed. My head feels a bit clouded & kind of a tight/pressurized feeling. (Every once in a blue moon, I get a headache, but not those migraines where has to lie down in a dark room to get relief.)

That's the best I can describe how I feel. Anyone know what this could be & how to eliminate this feeling?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2013, 08:59 PM

511 posts, read 838,236 times
You should get an xray of your sinus cavity. And try using a colloidal silver nose spray in the meantime.

Old 07-06-2013, 09:09 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,925,490 times
X-rays are dangerous. Save them for broken bones.

Have no idea what might be ailing you - things I would think about:

- Do you have carpet? If so, clean it with super hot water and vinegar (steam clean) . . . get rid of it, if you can.
- Wash (or vacuum if you can't wash) all curtains and drapes.
- Change heating and air conditioner filters - and make sure you air out your house frequently.
- Use Mrs. Meyers or organic cleaners . . .
- Get new pillows or wash the ones you have in super hot water
- Change your sheets frequently. Wash all bedding (blankets, comforters, etc.)
- Use a therapeutic grade eucalyptus oil, as well as peppermint or other mint oil (look up recommendations online) . . .

Last edited by imcurious; 07-06-2013 at 09:51 PM..

Old 07-06-2013, 09:29 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,040,030 times
Sounds like allergies. You can develop an allergy at any time in your life.

You can have mild allergies that don't result in sneezing and itchy eyes.

Go see your doctor. Kill two birds with one stone and find an ENT who is also an allergist.

Old 07-06-2013, 11:32 PM

44,628 posts, read 61,611,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Sounds like allergies. You can develop an allergy at any time in your life.

You can have mild allergies that don't result in sneezing and itchy eyes.

Go see your doctor. Kill two birds with one stone and find an ENT who is also an allergist.
^^^This. My allergist's have mentioned that around the age of 35 your body starts changing and resistance to allergens can weaken with an immune system that is starting to weaken at that time frame.
I would suggest you see a qualified allergist to be tested for food allergy's as well as plant allergy's. You may be surprised at the results. I sure was when I had mine done.

Old 07-06-2013, 11:57 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,379,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitram View Post
^^^This. My allergist's have mentioned that around the age of 35 your body starts changing and resistance to allergens can weaken with an immune system that is starting to weaken at that time frame.
I would suggest you see a qualified allergist to be tested for food allergy's as well as plant allergy's. You may be surprised at the results. I sure was when I had mine done.
Excellent.
To safe money...start snorting salt water...eliminate the obvious..sugar, white flour, dairy ,
Say, for 2 weeks...keep your body alkaline with the lemons and water, good.

If this helps but doesn't "do it"...try snorting Golden Seal....the size of a match head in each nostril.
Buy a teaspoon from bulk in your Health Food Store...much cheaper than capsules.

Trust me, I know about this stuff for decades.

Old 07-07-2013, 04:15 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,018,824 times
Eat better and start getting some daily exercise!!

It does sound like allergies to me as well..you can use a netti pot, or saline spray to help clear your head. However, if they don't work, see a doctor.

Old 07-07-2013, 07:42 AM

2,349 posts, read 5,435,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
Maybe someone can offer some input. For the last few months or so, I don't feel quite right. I'm 38. My diet isn't great & I admit, I've gained some weight. I do drink a lot of lemon water though. I'm not very pysically active at all. I've never had any medical/health problems ever & I've never smoked or drank. At times, but not regularly, I take some vitamins (D, multi-vitamin, etc.)

Something feels funny in my nasal cavity, head, & maybe throat areas. I feel congested all the time, like my sinuses aren't clear, but I can still breathe with my mouth closed. My head feels a bit clouded & kind of a tight/pressurized feeling. (Every once in a blue moon, I get a headache, but not those migraines where has to lie down in a dark room to get relief.)

That's the best I can describe how I feel. Anyone know what this could be & how to eliminate this feeling?

Allergies?

Old 07-08-2013, 12:35 PM

12,773 posts, read 14,978,563 times
I appreciate your input guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post
X-rays are dangerous. Save them for broken bones.

Have no idea what might be ailing you - things I would think about:

- Do you have carpet? If so, clean it with super hot water and vinegar (steam clean) . . . get rid of it, if you can.
- Wash (or vacuum if you can't wash) all curtains and drapes.
- Change heating and air conditioner filters - and make sure you air out your house frequently.
- Use Mrs. Meyers or organic cleaners . . .
- Get new pillows or wash the ones you have in super hot water
- Change your sheets frequently. Wash all bedding (blankets, comforters, etc.)
- Use a therapeutic grade eucalyptus oil, as well as peppermint or other mint oil (look up recommendations online) . . .
This sounds logical too. I'm in a 700 sq ft apt, so it's not big. I've lived here a year now, but the stuffed up nose feeling is worse here than when I lived in my parents' 2-story home. I can't recall how often I felt stuffed up then.

I like to leave the windows closed & would rather have the A/C or the fan on, so there's probably too much stale air & not much circulation to the outdoor air. There's too much dust in here that I'm probably breathing in. I was planning on getting my carpet cleaned in July/Aug.

Old 07-09-2013, 07:51 AM

653 posts, read 816,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post

I am 28 and I have a similar problem. I feel congested all the time, minus the mucus. I get headaches all the time and my face has tightness/pressure. I get more facial pressure and pain than anything else. I dont have insurance but i still went to an ENT. He thinks it may be allergy related and recommended I go see an allergist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness