U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 06:47 AM

13,138 posts, read 37,315,474 times

Advertisements

Here's a good article about how Blueberries and Walnuts prevent and even reversed Cognitive decline and other Neurological diseases in Old Rats as they act on Inflammation (TNF and IL-6) in the Central Nervous system. We know that Inflammation in the CNS is tied to Alzheimers, Parkinsons, Multiple Sclerosis and ALS.

Remember any Vegetable or Fruit that is blue or purple in color have these Anthocynidins that are showing to be the most powerful antiaging and longevity friend we have. I eat frozen Blueberries (tastes like Icecream) daily and the only gripe i have is they are getting expensive....

Now where's my Blueberry Doughnuts.....Just kidding !!

6/3

Diet Of Walnuts, Blueberries Improve Cognition; May Help Maintain Brain Function
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2007, 02:15 PM

7,769 posts, read 17,218,414 times
Could it mean that I am entering a stage of Cognitive decline and other Neurological diseases becasue I am craving blueberries and walnuts? If only I could remember where I stored them and started eating them on a regular basis, would it help me to remember where I stored them so that I could eat them on a regular basis?

blessings...Franco

Old 11-08-2007, 02:34 PM

2,493 posts, read 3,438,184 times
I hate all these studies they do on animals.

Nevertheless, I did buy blueberries today and am enjoying them now with yogurt and nut and a cup of hot green tea.

greenie

Old 11-08-2007, 03:13 PM

2,493 posts, read 3,438,184 times
Yuck! My blueberries are tasteless orbs!

This is not a good time of year to buy blueberries...

greenie

Old 11-08-2007, 03:38 PM

21,956 posts, read 21,888,841 times
Yes, I agree about the testing on animals but I sure do appreciate this information!!

Old 11-08-2007, 03:59 PM

396 posts, read 1,541,035 times
Good to include more of these in the diet.

Old 11-08-2007, 08:21 PM

67,677 posts, read 16,656,869 times
I usually have blueberries in my soy milk and oatmeal every morning.
I am alergic to milk,that lactate free milk tastes funny,so I love the soy milk
There are blueberry donuts here and blueberry bagels.

Old 11-09-2007, 01:13 AM

3,935 posts, read 5,704,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6 FOOT 3 View Post
Here's a good article about how Blueberries and Walnuts prevent and even reversed Cognitive decline and other Neurological diseases in Old Rats as they act on Inflammation (TNF and IL-6) in the Central Nervous system. We know that Inflammation in the CNS is tied to Alzheimers, Parkinsons, Multiple Sclerosis and ALS.

Remember any Vegetable or Fruit that is blue or purple in color have these Anthocynidins that are showing to be the most powerful antiaging and longevity friend we have. I eat frozen Blueberries (tastes like Icecream) daily and the only gripe i have is they are getting expensive....

Now where's my Blueberry Doughnuts.....Just kidding !!

6/3

Diet Of Walnuts, Blueberries Improve Cognition; May Help Maintain Brain Function

Thanks for that link. I love that website.

Old 11-09-2007, 06:24 AM

5,006 posts, read 14,113,798 times
I buy frozen blueberries and put them in a smoothie. I don't care for the taste unless they are in pancakes, so I add blackberries along with them. I use these things for the lutein in them that helps the eyes. I could use them for my brain too now that I know what else they are good for. Old age sucks when it comes to memory.

Old 11-09-2007, 08:04 AM

7,769 posts, read 17,218,414 times
In 1972, a friend and I hiked the 100 mile wilderness on the Appalachian Trail thru central Maine. It's called the 100 mile wilderness, because the trail starting from the summit of Mt Katahdin, doesn't reach the first town ( Monson ) for approximately 100 miles. So that means you gotta carry enough food for about 10-12 days of hiking. To keep the weight down we made a big batch of muesli, consisting of flaked grains, nuts, dried fruit, & seeds. That's the ONLY food we carried. It tasted pretty good for the fist meal or two, but it got old very quickly after the first day on the trail.

Luckily for us, we were hiking during blueberry/huckleberry season and we just about lived on them for the 9 days we spent on the trail from Mt Katahdin to Monson. You burn a tremendous amount of calories when you're hiking up and down mountains all day long carrying a 45 lb backpack. Surprisingly, the blueberries kept us going without fatigue. Funny thing is, we never got tired of them. BTW, we still had about a weeks worth of muesli when we reached Monson, but all of the nuts and dried fruit were picked out of the mix. That was the last time I ever ate muesli. My love affair with blueberries has been ongoing.

Also, I just about always put walnuts in my salads and veggie stir frys. Blueberries and walnuts....2 great foods!

Harry...Thanks for the article.

blessings....Franco

Last edited by CosmicWizard; 11-09-2007 at 08:12 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness