U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2007, 05:51 PM

27 posts, read 79,612 times

Advertisements

Not really...in fact, I look forward to it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2007, 06:31 PM

382 posts, read 984,599 times
Me, I am not afraid of death. Too many friends and family awaiting my arrival. http://bestsmileys.com/hugging/1.gif (broken link) However, I am not looking forward to the process. I'm a whimp when it comes to pain and suffering. http://bestsmileys.com/fainting/1.gif (broken link) I would just like to wake up one morning and find out I am in Heaven. http://bestsmileys.com/angles/7.gif (broken link)

Old 11-09-2007, 07:07 PM

10,968 posts, read 9,903,738 times
Am more afraid of living than dying! Sorry, that sounds awful doesn't it? What I mean is that "if" Heaven exists, and "if" I end up there, it would most certainly be more pleasant that being on Earth!

I've heard it said that "Everyone wants to get to heaven, but no one wants to die"...um, that ain't gonna work is it?

Old 11-09-2007, 10:55 PM

21,925 posts, read 30,878,594 times
No I am not afraid to die, this world is not my home, I am just passing through, I will live forever someday with my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

Old 11-10-2007, 12:49 AM

2,432 posts, read 6,182,141 times
I'm not afraid of dying. I believe our stop in this world is just a layover of sorts. We come here to learn lessons, and over time we probably have many, many different lives here.

Old 11-10-2007, 02:43 AM

133 posts, read 501,430 times
For millions of years life has come and gone on this planet, and I'm just part of that cycle. Embrace the inevitable, and treasure every moment you are alive.

Old 11-10-2007, 05:04 AM

5,006 posts, read 14,114,834 times
My father and step dad died way before my mother. Their deaths didn't affect me much. My mother went into a coma while lying in bed, but she was aware somehow. My sisters went to the hospital, but I couldn't make myself go and just believed she would be okay. They said just as she died she pulled their hands towards her body. I also didn't have a good relationship with my mother, in fact, few of her children did. But what I noticed after her death is how my youngest sister and I began worrying about who was next? It brought home death like never before, as we now realize that we could lose any one of us even ourselves. I don't look forward to getting ill and dying, and I would prefer that I just went in my sleep. Whereas my mom used to fear that she would die in her sleep, which made her fear going to sleep at night. I worry about leaving my husband behind and knowing that he has to now deal with my being gone. My mother was the opposite, she wanted to die before her husband.

Old 11-12-2007, 11:13 AM

20,005 posts, read 70,503,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
No I am not afraid to die, this world is not my home, I am just passing through, I will live forever someday with my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
Beautiful!

Old 11-12-2007, 11:24 AM

7,770 posts, read 17,219,664 times
I Love North Carolina wrote:
this world is not my home, I am just passing through
I once held the same sentiment, but then I realized that I'm better off seeing wherever I happen to be in the present moment is my home. That change of mind has given me greater peace and a deeper level of happiness. I think it's becasue my new attitude has allowed me to be more aligned with the will of God, who obviously wants me to be earthbound at this moment in time.

BTW, I'm not attempting to change your belief or make you wrong in any way...just sharing my own conversion.

blessings...Franco

Old 11-12-2007, 12:26 PM

13,819 posts, read 25,672,539 times
Not sure....but I don't think OP was asking from the religious perspective. For those that need bring that perspective into it, perhaps a similar posting under the Religion forum would be more appropriate. Since this is the Health and Wellness forum, I think it would be better served to leave religion out of this discussion. Some people do believe that when you die...everything just ceases. Others believe in the after life and being one with God or others. Some believe in reincarnation. I bet there are many more thoughts about what happens when one physically dies, so if we stick to the health and wellness part of death in this discussion, I imagine things will go smoother. JMO.

Last edited by jfkIII; 11-12-2007 at 12:36 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness