Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2013, 09:05 PM

484 posts, read 756,546 times

Advertisements

I'm sorry you are having continued worrying symptoms. I hope it clears up quickly for you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2013, 12:37 AM

6 posts, read 194,489 times
It has actually gotten so much better, very quickly! I think I had a very successful procedure. It took about 3 to 4 days of rest, a sore back, cramps, blood in the urine, and an overall fatigue. But now I feel great. Pain is gone, just chugging my fluids and flushing out stones. My family jokes that I pop stones out like a little toy wiffle ball gun. My little hannah, who is 5, is fascinated with my daily collections. No more visible blood, but still a gravel factory and passing my sand particles. Looking forward to my KUB next week and follow up urologist appointment to confirm my success

Old 07-23-2013, 01:35 PM

18,923 posts, read 43,211,623 times
I had it done last year. Went home feeling fine, then I got nauseous from the anesthesia. When I threw up it put my ureter into spasm, so I ended up in the ER and had to be given dilaudid.

They blasted a 7mm stone. I collected a tiny little piece and never any more after that, so I'm sure I still have some left.

Old 02-04-2014, 04:40 PM

1 posts, read 4,365 times
I had lithotripsy yesterday morning. I took one tylenol at bedtime. I stayed on clear liquids yesterday. Normal but small amounts of food today. My large 19mm by 9mm stone was stuck above the bladder on the left side pretty low. I had no broken skin but a red welp just above the pelvic bone and near my left leg. I feel also like menstral cramps and mild lower back pain as well. A heating pad feels great. But i havent needed any pain killer or additional tylenol. I have a stent in and am to take flomax to keep from having my bladder spasm until it is removed. I have varying amounts of blood in my urine and some bloody clumps every so often. Have not seen any gravel or fragments of stone yet. I have seen sand that is super fine. I plan on giving myself another day home before going back to work because I dont want to give up my heating pad and I want my private bathroom. I think the procedure is not anything to fear but expect a few days of wanting to take it easy and cuddling up to yourheating pad.

Old 02-16-2014, 04:29 PM

2 posts, read 8,599 times
I had my second lithotripsy procedure on February 14th. It's a bit trickier for me since I am on blood thinners. I had a gigantic stone that was detected in a CT scan and wanted to have it blasted before it moved and created a great deal of pain. The procedure isn't a bad one and I prefer it to suffering for many days of agony. I am going to contact my doctor on Monday tho because there are more clots coming out than I remember and my urine is still really dark red. I have collected many small fragments this time, so its been a success.

Old 02-28-2014, 04:09 PM

7 posts, read 27,736 times
I had a lithotripsy done on my 6mm x 9mm kidney stone (left kidney) last Monday and snice then I have had heavy bleeding at every passing of urine. I am drinking about 2.5L of water each day however my urine is a dark "claret" colour each time. I have rung my Urologist and he told me that this is nothing unusual however he wants to see me again, with a urine sample, next Monday (1 week after the procedure). At this stage (5 days after) there has been no lightening of the urine colour and I am hoping there hasn't been any damage done to other organs in and around the kidney area to cause this bleeding. Will keep you posted.

Old 03-01-2014, 05:55 PM

Since my last post on Saturday, it is now Sunday and my urine has very quickly gone from a light claret colour, to what it is now, totally clear. I must say the speed of change has amazed me. I know it is possible for more fragments to pass with another bout of blood in the urine, however at this stage I am relieved to see that normality does eventually return to ones urine colour and so any further blood will not worry me anymore. I will keep up posts for a while longer.

Old 03-01-2014, 07:56 PM

484 posts, read 756,546 times
Sounds good, although the length of time it took to clear is a bit concerning! Glad to hear its cleared. I seem to have developed another (had my 3rd ESWL in November), but I'll wait until my next appointment to deal with it.

Old 03-02-2014, 03:42 PM

It's now been 7 days since my procedure was carried out and 2 days with a clear urine. I am continuing my 2.5L/day water intake in an effort to dilute the urine to a point where stones won't form in the 1st place. Fortunately, I had NO pain throughout the whole process so I think I have been lucky in that respect. Will keep up postings.

Old 03-02-2014, 07:13 PM

2 posts, read 8,599 times
Just because my procedures seem to be unique, one large chunk of stone escaped blasting and got stuck in my ureter. Ended up in the hospital last Saturday on a ton of pain meds until it passed on Sunday morning. I have never been in that much pain in my life, and I have had open heart surgery! The blood in my urine stopped on Monday and I am working on getting my hemoglobin back up. What a nightmare.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness