Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2017, 08:59 PM

1 posts, read 2,211 times

Advertisements

I had lithotripsy to my left kidney one week ago today for a 7mm stone. Im female. Since then, the first few days I peed the regular expecting blood...then it faded out to normal urine by Friday/Saturday. I did have cramping feel like period cramps (on & off) all the way until Sunday night, where I was in such excruciating left sided flank to abdomen pain. I did go to the ER...they did a xray, ultrasound of bladder & kidneys.... showed hydronephrosis to the left kidney...so they did a repeat CT scan of abdomen & pelvis & really just said it's hydronephrosis. So, 3 days later I've had 1 more episode of some flank pain (@ night), but that's it... I do have some abdominal bloating because my BM's are irregular with surgery & anxiety & pain meds etc...so I'm taking miralax & colace for that. Just curious if anyone else has experienced the hydronepgrosis issue after lithotripsy? They prescribed me Flomax to help relax my ureters, seems my urine is flowing normally now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2017, 06:41 PM

3 posts, read 6,349 times
Is having a KUB one week after lithotripsy to soon to see if the stones have passed?miss glad

Old 12-20-2017, 08:22 PM

7,514 posts, read 13,608,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancglad View Post
Is having a KUB one week after lithotripsy to soon to see if the stones have passed?miss glad
My post-op xray was 16 days later, which was probably due more to the doc schedule than anything else. Xray was clear.

Did they send you home with a strainer to catch any fragments ? If so, have you caught any?

Old 01-05-2018, 07:59 AM

My stone was quite large 1.5 cm and I had mostly lower back pain. It was discover with an X-ray of my back. Then a cat scan was ordered after that. I was scheduled to have a stent put in to relieve some of the back pain and one week after had lithotripsy. I had a lot of pain the day after lithotripsy, but after that just some soreness. I was more uncomfortable with the stent in. It made it difficult to work because I always felt the pressure to urinate. I stand for my job. I also didn’t pass hardly anything after the procedure. Just a few granules of sandlike stones.You should strain your urine as prescribed by your doctor. I asked the doctor to remove the stent even against his advice because if the stone is not completely broken up it is easier to retrieve with a scope if the stent is in. So, I had the lithotripsy on December 22nd and the stent taken out on Jan 2nd. After the stent was taken out, I felt so much better but I also passed lots of larger fragments. Of course, drinking lots of water to help flush the kidney. I passed more noticeable fragments at least three more times. In three month I will see the doctor again and do a twenty four hour urine two weeks before seeing him. Also, I will have a KUB which is an X-ray of the kidney a few days before seeing him. I’m taking generic flomax for another month which is to help with the passing of any more fragments. I hope this helps anyone going through the process of the removal of kidney stones.

Last edited by Nancglad; 01-05-2018 at 08:02 AM.. Reason: Add a comment. Don’t be alarmed to see clear blood after lithotripsy.

Old 01-05-2018, 08:02 AM

Don’t be alarmed to see some clear blood in the urine after lithotripsy.

Old 09-28-2018, 07:46 PM

1 posts, read 1,827 times
I had a 1.5 cm stone in my left renal pelvis. I had ESWL one week ago. I ended up back in the ER the night of the procedure with projectile vomiting and pain. I have had gallstones that did not cause this much pain. In the last week, a few times a day, I get to vomiting , pain and then pass many small stones. I am an ER nurse and I know about taking meds but the dilaudid hardly touches this pain. I would not wish this on my worst enemy. The ESWL was uneventful and I was well sedated. I did not feel bad leaving the hospital but two hours later the vomiting and pain started and went on for hours.

Old 04-25-2021, 10:16 PM

1 posts, read 767 times
My post op experience was a bit more painful. I had a 1.9 cm stone that was situated in the renal pelvis, the part where the kidney meets the ureter. My immediate post op pain was bearable, about 5/10, I had been given a Valium in post op, and a prescription for Tramadol to take as needed. The stent started creating spasms in my bladder and lower abdomen. It got fairly uncomfortable, making me feel like I had to urinate every 45 minutes or so. I was asked to strain all of my urine, just noticing tiny black specs and some yellowish crystals, which when I flushed the strainer as directed, those were lost! It is about 36 hours since my procedure and I am still cramping (bad menstrual cramps) and having uncomfortable spasming in my lower abdomen. The Tramadol helps but has constipated me and caused nausea. Tylenol is absolutely no help. I am bloated and sore. I did finally have a BM which was excruciating, but feel a bit better, still cramping/spasming and passing some sediment. I have been drinking 3 quarts of water every day, measured out, and contacted the Urologist. He told me it was okay to take Ibuprofen in between the Tramadol (or instead of it). I am hesitant as I am still passing some blood today. With the large size of my stone, I will likely have to do this again. I’m not sure I could do this again. My ‘bruise’ looks just like the first lady’s did. Broken skin, scab, and a bruise about the size of a plum. So far, not really happy with this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness