Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2013, 12:19 PM

36,499 posts, read 53,802,123 times

Advertisements

I'm a 66 year old diabetic woman. I usually have a cold drink going-either decaf iced tea or just plain water. I figure if i wasn't too busy or lazy i could go every hour but I usually go every 2 hours. I can make it from 11 p.m to 6 a.m. but I'm very uncomfortable. I try not to drink anything after 9 p.m.

I'm just wondering how often most people go. When I was young I remember going about 3-4 times all day.
I know diabetes sign is frequent peeing and thrist but my diabetes is controlled. My A1C is 6.8.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2013, 12:28 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,725,977 times
I seem to urinate a LOT in the morning hours; like every half hour or so, up until about noon. Then it eases off but I still go at least once every 1-2 hours. I keep a close watch on my glucose levels because even though I'm not diabetic(yet!!) it runs rampant on both sides of my family.
I also attribute the frequency to the fact that I drink primarily water and I drink a lot of water. I really like it.
I admit to being confused as to why I urinate so much the first 3-4 hours after waking.
I typically get up at least once during the night also.

Old 07-21-2013, 12:36 PM

7,776 posts, read 12,383,336 times
I pee, then sleep through the night. During the day, it depends how much water I drink. Maybe, every 3 hours or 4.

Old 07-21-2013, 04:17 PM

44,548 posts, read 61,249,428 times
I urinate every 2 hours or so at night and during the day maybe every 4+ hours. My wife has M/S and has to urinate every 2 hours 24/7. As you age you usually have to go more often. Diet figures in too.

Old 07-21-2013, 06:55 PM

2,158 posts, read 1,986,777 times
It depends on how much I drink.

Old 07-21-2013, 11:20 PM

16,488 posts, read 24,400,746 times
I had a total hysterectomy over a year ago and before that I went about every hour or two (because of an enlarged uterus). I can often make it through the night, sometimes I may have to get up once. During the day I go about every couple of hours, maybe 3.

Old 07-22-2013, 06:37 AM

36,499 posts, read 53,802,123 times
My unscientific survey here and among family and close friends seems to be that once every 2 hours is not so unusual. I'm kind of surprised really. it's not something people usually talk about but when they do you get some interesting stories. I hadn't stopped to think about how hysterectomy could affect things like that. Some women say they went more before hysterectomy and some just the opposite. I think since my own surgery I go more frequently but it just may be a matter of age.

One thing I do know is most of us agree that we all told our children to go at home before they left the house cause we don't like our family using public places.

My father used to tell me this silly story.

Once there was a king who was on his death bed and he called for his son, who would be king soon. He asked his son to lean in close to him because he had something very important to tell him which would help him be a good monarch.
When the Prince eagerly leaned close to his father's face, the old King barely pick up his head and whispered "Pee every chance you get." Then he died!

Of course I've passed this on to my own kids and I hope they do the same with their own kids. It's good advice. Thanks to all who took the time to answer my question.

Old 07-22-2013, 07:04 AM

7,776 posts, read 12,383,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post

<snipped>

My father used to tell me this silly story.

Once there was a king who was on his death bed and he called for his son, who would be king soon. He asked his son to lean in close to him because he had something very important to tell him which would help him be a good monarch.
When the Prince eagerly leaned close to his father's face, the old King barely pick up his head and whispered "Pee every chance you get." Then he died!

Of course I've passed this on to my own kids and I hope they do the same with their own kids. It's good advice. Thanks to all who took the time to answer my question.
Many years ago, while reading a bio about a Hollywood mogul, he had to have abdominal surgery. While recuperating, a mogul friend leaned in, asking if his plumbing was working? The answer was yes. Then that's all that matters, the rest will be all right. Up until that book, I'd not given it any thought and thanks for the reminder.

Old 07-22-2013, 10:44 AM

6,192 posts, read 7,309,924 times
You're "older" and diabetic and drinking things that are basically diuretics so I am not surprised you are going to the bathroom so often.

Depending on what I am drinking, if I am eating, if I am working out---these can all change how often I go to the bathroom. When I used to play sports in the midst of the summer, I could drink a gallon of water and avoid the bathroom most of the day. I've gone to work and somehow managed to not have to use the bathroom at all. If I'm just sitting around the house drinking water and coffee, then I'll go to the bathroom frequently.

Old 07-22-2013, 11:20 AM

802 posts, read 1,674,339 times
Usually twice a day, sometimes three. I'm 19 lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness