Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2013, 03:32 PM

2,516 posts, read 5,687,417 times

Advertisements

Holy crap. At least now I know why there is always 1 or 2 people that stink to high heaven a few days a week at my jobs. I shower every day, sometimes more depending on activities. I always shower before bed. So if I workout, I shower afterwards, then if I'm not in for the night / day, then I will shower again before I go to bed. I can't get in my bed when I'm dirty and I can't sleep when I'm dirty.

I work with a guy that smells horrible at least 2 days a week. I think he only showers a couple of times a week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2013, 03:42 PM

117 posts, read 202,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankhharu View Post
Holy crap. At least now I know why there is always 1 or 2 people that stink to high heaven a few days a week at my jobs. I shower every day, sometimes more depending on activities. I always shower before bed. So if I workout, I shower afterwards, then if I'm not in for the night / day, then I will shower again before I go to bed. I can't get in my bed when I'm dirty and I can't sleep when I'm dirty.

I work with a guy that smells horrible at least 2 days a week. I think he only showers a couple of times a week.
That's when I like to do it, too. I can't understand how the whole ritual of showering in the morning came to be. First of all, we sweat most during the day and we come in contact with the public then, also. Why take that to bed? I love showering off my day and then relaxing all clean at night and the next morning I am ready to go! That's the best part--not having to do it in the morning.

Old 08-14-2013, 04:36 PM

31,035 posts, read 22,070,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankhharu View Post

Unfortunately they usually can't smell themselves.

At least one shower and Shampooa a day here.

Old 08-14-2013, 05:15 PM

117 posts, read 61,082 times
I shower twice a day. Take baths when I have time. If I am running late or in a hurry, whores bath.

Old 08-14-2013, 07:05 PM

38,886 posts, read 22,870,508 times
I shower once every day, always at night before bedtime. I like to go to bed feeling clean and like not having to spend time in the morning showering, so that frees up a little more time so I don't feel quite so rushed before I head off to work.

Old 08-14-2013, 07:16 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,839,973 times
At least twice a day, morning and before I go to bed. Sometimes more, if I am active and outdoors (Florida humidity ) so it could be 3 or 4 on some days. I hate going to bed not clean and I wake up with a shower every morning as it gets me moving.

I also love to soak in a hot tub and read, it soothes my sore muscles and relaxes me.

Don

Old 08-14-2013, 07:24 PM

17,619 posts, read 17,665,401 times
Every day before bed, sometimes twice a day if I worked in the yard that morning. PS, I work in a hospital boiler room.

Old 08-14-2013, 07:57 PM

452 posts, read 709,615 times
Daily, I work with dogs. I'm also a "long hair" so that's an entirely different project, lol.

Old 08-14-2013, 08:00 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,236,769 times
Daily unless I need to shower twice that day because of cleaning, yard work, general sweating because it is hot, etc.

Old 08-14-2013, 08:01 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,672,460 times
While I only shower every other day, I don't stink. I use a deodorant stone that is made up of salts an minerals that kill the odor causing bacteria. It works so well that when one does stink, rub it on and the odor goes away. If used regularly, and forget a day, it still works.
I did not discover that, another person who uses one did. She had been mowing the lawn and had an appointment she forgot about. By the time she was changed and at her appointment her BO was gone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness