U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 02:56 PM

2 posts, read 3,042 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryfield View Post
Well, that pretty much DOES start a debate. I'll just say this...there are risks in everything, including vaccines. There is also what is called social responsibility. My children have taken those risks so that not only they won't get those diseases, but also so that children who have compromised immune systems or whose vaccines did not work completely, will be protected. My children (and others in the schools) have taken the risk so that children who are not vaccinated will not get the diseases. If you have a valid reason (compromised immune system, etc) not to have the vaccinations, then luckily enough of our children do have them that your child should be OK. If you aren't getting them b/c there is a risk associated with vaccinating, then you are selfish. Plain and simple. You want us to take the risk with our kids so you don't have to. And you probably haven't spent a lot of time abroad. I lived in Africa and let me tell you--those diseases are alive and well there, and if you saw all the children with polio crawling along in the streets in the capitals, you might just decide your child should actually be protected from this disease. You are taking THAT risk over the vaccine risk. You are putting MY children at risk b/c you don't want yours at risk. Moderator cut: put down
I have serious issues with vaccinations. I am not going to call others with a different opinion "selfish" as this individual has because I respect other people's views. I know everyone here has the same interest and that is protecting their kids. No one wants to see any child with Polio or any disease for that matter.

Someone who shares the opinon of this person isn't stupid but they are ignorant of many, many devastating facts. Most of this country is ignorant of these facts because we, of course, trust the government and doctors on this issue. And I trust the government and doctors the majority of the time, as well. But there are legitimate reasons why they don't tell us the whole truth on this particular issue and its because its for the (supposed) greater good of society as a whole. Its better to protect all children from Polio, Mumps, etc even if that means that some of those children end up with neurological disorders because of it, then that is a risk they will take. They have to look out for what is best for the MAJORITY. This is the government's stance and this is what is taught in medical school and that is why doctors will always support vaccinations. The government and the pharmaceutical industry aren't doing enough research. They are turning a blind eye to it because its in their best interest too. So its up to parents to do their own research and make up their own mind. And if you do your research, you will find that you are taking a much bigger gamble than what you thought.

I have a sibling with autism. If you understand the devastation of autism, then you would raise questions too. Such as 1) Autism used to affect 1 in 10,000 children, now it affects 1 in 150. Why? 2) Why do I need to give my child a Hepatitius B shot the day its born when it can only get this disease through sex, sharing needles, or having it passed down from the mother? 3) And is it just a coincidence that mercury poisoning and autism have all of the EXACT same symptoms? (Mercury isn't the only toxin that is being injected into your little ones bodies. So be weary of the mercury-free shots too.) 4) Back in the 40's, autism only affected middle class and upper middle class households (they were the only ones with the $$$ for vaccines). Now that they are available to everyone, every class is evenly affected. These little facts are just the tip of the iceberg.

You need to know the facts on both sides before forming your opinion and putting down others. I still believe children should have the most necessary shots, but not until they are AT LEAST 2 years old, when their brains are fully developed. And they certainly shouldn't have more than one shot at a time. Every parent should take it upon themselves to get educated on this issue. You are doing your children a disservice not to. There is an alarming amount of research out there that shows the links between vaccines and autism and other disorders. If you are just looking at studies funded by the CDC or the pharmaceutical industry, you are looking in the wrong place!

I'm sorry, sir or ma'am, but do you really feel that everyone should risk their child's brain so that they can be "socially responsible". Do you think its ok that one out of every 150 children has a life long struggle with autism? Would you want that child to be yours? No. Of course not.

We need to demand more unbiased research and reform, plain and simple. There is a happy medium. Vaccines that don't risk screwing up our children's brains!!! What a thought, huh? Again, we all love our kids. Everyone needs to be respectful and have an open mind about something this important.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2007, 09:41 PM

9,444 posts, read 15,754,002 times
jrsmith199 - Welcome and I'm so happy that you joined this discussion.

Old 12-17-2007, 02:37 PM

2 posts, read 3,042 times
Default Book

Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
jrsmith199 - Welcome and I'm so happy that you joined this discussion.
Thank you! I recommend reading a book called "What your doctor may not tell you about children's vaccinations". It is full of facts and encourages parents to become partners with their doctors instead of just blindly trusting what they are told by others. It has really opened my eyes!

Old 12-17-2007, 08:18 PM

9,444 posts, read 15,754,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrsmith199 View Post
Thank you! I recommend reading a book called "What your doctor may not tell you about children's vaccinations". It is full of facts and encourages parents to become partners with their doctors instead of just blindly trusting what they are told by others. It has really opened my eyes!
I read the book you are recommending. It's by Stephanie Cave, right?
I also recommend Avive Romm's book: Vaccinations, Parent's Thoughtful Guide.

Old 12-17-2007, 08:27 PM

3,099 posts, read 2,134,712 times
i dont know about everyone's library but at my local library the vaccine books are not even in the parenting section. it's like they're hiding them! (theyre in the science section)

Old 02-08-2009, 09:24 PM

5,235 posts, read 7,918,362 times
Default MMR doctor Andrew Wakefield fixed data on autism

THE doctor who sparked the scare over the safety of the MMR vaccine for children changed and misreported results in his research, creating the appearance of a possible link with autism, a Sunday Times investigation has found.
Confidential medical documents and interviews with witnesses have established that Andrew Wakefield manipulated patients’ data, which triggered fears that the MMR triple vaccine to protect against measles, mumps and rubella was linked to the condition.

MMR doctor Andrew Wakefield fixed data on autism - Times Online

Old 02-09-2009, 04:56 AM

5,349 posts, read 11,512,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrsmith199 View Post
I have serious issues with vaccinations. I am not going to call others with a different opinion "selfish" as this individual has because I respect other people's views. I know everyone here has the same interest and that is protecting their kids. No one wants to see any child with Polio or any disease for that matter.

Someone who shares the opinon of this person isn't stupid but they are ignorant of many, many devastating facts. Most of this country is ignorant of these facts because we, of course, trust the government and doctors on this issue. And I trust the government and doctors the majority of the time, as well. But there are legitimate reasons why they don't tell us the whole truth on this particular issue and its because its for the (supposed) greater good of society as a whole. Its better to protect all children from Polio, Mumps, etc even if that means that some of those children end up with neurological disorders because of it, then that is a risk they will take. They have to look out for what is best for the MAJORITY. This is the government's stance and this is what is taught in medical school and that is why doctors will always support vaccinations. The government and the pharmaceutical industry aren't doing enough research. They are turning a blind eye to it because its in their best interest too. So its up to parents to do their own research and make up their own mind. And if you do your research, you will find that you are taking a much bigger gamble than what you thought.

I have a sibling with autism. If you understand the devastation of autism, then you would raise questions too. Such as 1) Autism used to affect 1 in 10,000 children, now it affects 1 in 150. Why? 2) Why do I need to give my child a Hepatitius B shot the day its born when it can only get this disease through sex, sharing needles, or having it passed down from the mother? 3) And is it just a coincidence that mercury poisoning and autism have all of the EXACT same symptoms? (Mercury isn't the only toxin that is being injected into your little ones bodies. So be weary of the mercury-free shots too.) 4) Back in the 40's, autism only affected middle class and upper middle class households (they were the only ones with the $$$ for vaccines). Now that they are available to everyone, every class is evenly affected. These little facts are just the tip of the iceberg.

You need to know the facts on both sides before forming your opinion and putting down others. I still believe children should have the most necessary shots, but not until they are AT LEAST 2 years old, when their brains are fully developed. And they certainly shouldn't have more than one shot at a time. Every parent should take it upon themselves to get educated on this issue. You are doing your children a disservice not to. There is an alarming amount of research out there that shows the links between vaccines and autism and other disorders. If you are just looking at studies funded by the CDC or the pharmaceutical industry, you are looking in the wrong place!

I'm sorry, sir or ma'am, but do you really feel that everyone should risk their child's brain so that they can be "socially responsible". Do you think its ok that one out of every 150 children has a life long struggle with autism? Would you want that child to be yours? No. Of course not.

We need to demand more unbiased research and reform, plain and simple. There is a happy medium. Vaccines that don't risk screwing up our children's brains!!! What a thought, huh? Again, we all love our kids. Everyone needs to be respectful and have an open mind about something this important.

There is no credible link between vaccinations and autism....simple as that, problem solved
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness