U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 10:11 AM

1,484 posts, read 3,839,709 times

Advertisements

Can someone please tell me if there are exceptions allowed for vaccinations for a child to attend Wake County Schools due to religious or other reasons such as moral or risks associated? I believe through law that exceptions are allowed (but not easily found) but I couldnt find it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2007, 10:24 AM

2,270 posts, read 8,407,470 times
Exemptions in North Carolina

Old 11-13-2007, 10:30 AM

8,272 posts, read 22,861,655 times
You can get one for medical and religious but not philosophical reasons.

Old 11-13-2007, 11:00 AM

2,834 posts, read 11,155,472 times
For some reason (and the OP has the link) you just have to go with the state of NC exemption policy as I don't think wake county public schools has its own specifically.

Parents can just turn the exemption letter in with the medical forms at the beginning of the year.

Leigh

Old 11-13-2007, 01:52 PM

10 posts, read 57,276 times
I am completely against flu shots/immunizations, but because I don't have a religion to back it up I am forced to have my daughter take the shots to attend school, that she is also mandated she must go to? What's with that?

Old 11-13-2007, 02:01 PM

5,321 posts, read 11,499,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poetmother View Post
I am completely against flu shots/immunizations, but because I don't have a religion to back it up I am forced to have my daughter take the shots to attend school, that she is also mandated she must go to? What's with that?

This can quickly degenerate into a debate that does not belong on this board.

You can always home school....

Personally, I don't want kids in class with mine that HAVEN'T been vaccinated...

Old 11-13-2007, 03:45 PM

2,834 posts, read 11,155,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poetmother View Post
Based on friends that I have they simply wrote a letter stating it was against their religious beliefs to have their child vaccinated. They did not state what their religious beliefs were per se. There was a whole debate on another board I am on regarding vaccinations and the fact that NC basically "forces" parents to say it is against their religious beliefs (when it may not be) so that they do not have to have their child vaccinated. I am not up for a debate, but I am just saying what was said on the other forum.

I think even if parents want to delay vaccinations and not have them all done by kindergarten, they still have to write a letter stating it is against their religion to have their child vaccinated.

Leigh

Old 11-13-2007, 07:49 PM

847 posts, read 3,270,350 times
You will find the info on this site useful:
Vaccine Rights: HOME

The site owner is in NC.

Old 11-13-2007, 08:42 PM

1,484 posts, read 3,839,709 times
THANKS TO ALL!!! This is exactly what I have been looking for. Not to start a debate but I think people need to be more informed with these chemicals we put in our kids bodies so fast while they are in a critical developement state before just assuming that they have to. Here is a link to some info that pertains to vaccinations half to 3/4 down.

Council for Responsible Genetics (http://www.gene-watch.org/genewatch/articles/16-2herbert_silverman.html - broken link)

Old 11-14-2007, 02:34 AM

740 posts, read 1,993,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
Personally, I don't want kids in class with mine that HAVEN'T been vaccinated...
Without debating the safety of vaccines/immunizations and whether or not you should do it or if the statistics of autism occurrences are authentic. I only want to add that I speak with a number of Pediatricians in various places of NC and there are a growing number that are refusing to treat children whose parents refuse vaccinations because of malpractice concerns, even with a consent waiver, and I expect this trend will continue in the future because they all say the possible risk isn't worth the consequences of one of their patients dying. This is especially prevalent in private practices not associated with the larger hospitals. And with the growing numbers of people refusing vaccinations, I would not want my children in a class with other children that haven't been vaccinated either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness