Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2016, 06:01 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,224,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
There is an extremely simple cure for both tennis elbow and golfer's elbow. I discovered this cure on the New York Times website when I was searching for a cure for my elbow pain. I highly recommend this fix, which requires purchasing a rubber bar called a Flexbar and doing some exercises with it. My elbow stopped hurting after doing these exercises for a few weeks. I made this recommendation to a friend and he had the same results. There are quite a few videos on the YouTube on how to do the exercises correctly. I bought my Flexbar on Amazon. They range from $15 to $20. See:

A Fix for Tennis Elbow - Video - NYTimes.com

http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/0...is-elbow/?_r=0

http://www.thera-bandacademy.com/tba...r-Tennis-Elbow

They sell four different bars depending on your strength level. Be careful about selecting the best one for you. I also recommend doing the exercises while watching the videos.
^This

Have had many patient's have success with this and is much cheaper than a 150 dollar neoprene wrap with a plug in cord (BSFT)

Of course the main draw back is you actually have to DO something IE USE the flexbar religiously, can't just throw a wrap on your elbow, plug it in and watch TV...
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2016, 09:13 PM

62 posts, read 75,700 times
and yet the BFST device is helping hundreds of people to recover from meniscus tears, tendonitis, plantaar fasciits, frozen shoulder, tennis elbow, carpal tunnel etc, etc as seen by the testimonials on the King Brand web site. As long as it works, who cares how exactly it works.

Old 02-27-2016, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janis64 View Post
and yet the BFST device is helping hundreds of people to recover from meniscus tears, tendonitis, plantaar fasciits, frozen shoulder, tennis elbow, carpal tunnel etc, etc as seen by the testimonials on the King Brand web site. As long as it works, who cares how exactly it works.
Yep, nothing says "proven medical therapy" like "testimonials"

Show even one independent study that documents efficacy.....I won't hold my breath while you search

Old 02-29-2016, 09:51 AM

10,551 posts, read 7,747,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
Of course the main draw back is you actually have to DO something IE USE the flexbar religiously, can't just throw a wrap on your elbow, plug it in and watch TV...
Yes, committing to therapy is difficult for many people, especially in a society conditioned to popping pills.

Old 02-29-2016, 03:26 PM

You are right about being committed to therapy. Nothing works if you don't stick with it on a routine basis. I'm glad your exercise bars are the right treatment for your particular situation. There are a lot of other people who are not so lucky.

I think the exercise bars would be great post recovery to strengthen an area to prevent re-injury but in many cases stressing an injury will only lead to further injury especially if it is a tear in a tendon or muscle. In these cases the best medicine is rest and increased blood flow to speed healing. Unfortunately, it's pretty difficult to achieve both at the same time...unless you have a BFST and that's what makes it so special. Even with using an easy neoprene wrap that you just slap on for 20 minutes while you just sit there it can still be tricky to find time to do treatments. What I do know is that this is still a lot cheaper than going to physio therapy twice a week and for the time it takes to go to physio appointments you can give yourself treatments at home 3 or 4 times per day, 7 days a week and you won't have the inflammation that physio often causes because they are stressing your injury.

Old 02-29-2016, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Cleric View Post
Yes, committing to therapy is difficult for many people, especially in a society conditioned to popping pills.
Testimonials speak for themselves:

Unfortunately, I did not know of this product when I first tore my left knee cartilage a few years ago...and the docs took out a 3rd of my medial meniscus. I am very active, run, play soccer, ski, and about 2 years later I tore some more cartilage in the same knee. Docs said that they might have to cut some more out, or I could curtail activity and over a year or 2 there is a slight chance it could heal. Otherwise they ere going to put me on a "pain management" program of cortisone shots and anti-inflammatory's. I was not crazy about either option, so after a few minutes of research online I came up onto the Kingbrand website, read the product descriptions as well as the testimonials and decided to give it a try. 3-4 times daily I used the wrap...even at work, where I could fit it under my pants...and if you do it just right, that method seems to generate the most "warmth" without being overly tight. In about 4 weeks the sharp pain in my knee diminished. I did make the mistake thinking all is cured, and a game of soccer, with the running and sudden stops, re-aggravated the injury, so I was back to square one...but knew then I had to lay off for awhile. So for the next 3 months I used the BFST knee wrap for its 20 min cycle, 3-4 times daily, and even though the pain went away after a month, I waited till the end of 3 months before engaging in some more running and sports...but did not return to full activity till about the 5th month. The next month (month 6) I went back to my orthopedic doctor, who did the same diagnostic tests on my knee that diagnosed my torn cartilage the previous year. However, after he gave my knee a few twists and pulls, and no pain (unlike the year before) he said it seems my meniscus probably healed on its own. I told him "not quite on its own" and described your knee wrap. He seemed very interested and said he would go over to your website and take a look. Now I play soccer, ski, pain free, although I still get knee injections every 6 months because unfortunately I did have that original meniscus surgery years before and now there is that small gap. But the Kingbrand knee wrap helped ensure that I can keep the rest of my cartilage, and hopefully avoid a future knee replacement. I've recommended this product to my friends who have similar injuries in low blood-flow areas.

Old 02-29-2016, 05:04 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,657,056 times
Quote:
You are right about being committed to therapy. Nothing works if you don't stick with it on a routine basis. I'm glad your exercise bars are the right treatment for your particular situation. There are a lot of other people who are not so lucky.

I think the exercise bars would be great post recovery to strengthen an area to prevent re-injury but in many cases stressing an injury will only lead to further injury especially if it is a tear in a tendon or muscle. In these cases the best medicine is rest and increased blood flow to speed healing. Unfortunately, it's pretty difficult to achieve both at the same time...unless you have a BFST and that's what makes it so special. Even with using an easy neoprene wrap that you just slap on for 20 minutes while you just sit there it can still be tricky to find time to do treatments. What I do know is that this is still a lot cheaper than going to physio therapy twice a week and for the time it takes to go to physio appointments you can give yourself treatments at home 3 or 4 times per day, 7 days a week and you won't have the inflammation that physio often causes because they are stressing your injury.
The particular situation that is the topic of this thread is tennis elbow or lateral epicondylitis. The Flexbar worked for me, a friend I recommended it to, and numerous other people who have tried it. Both my friend and I had caused our elbow problems by doing a lot of pullups. The exercises with this bar were not contributing to overuse. Isokinetic eccentric training of the wrist extensors with this bar has been shown to work in a research study. I suggest you also look at the Amazon reviews. There are thousands of reviews. See Amazon.com: flexbar: Sports & Outdoors

The Flexbar also works for golfer's elbow also known as medial epicondylitis, which is pain on the inner side of the elbow. You simply reverse the twist of the bar.

I did these exercises while watching a video each time I did them. I tried to do them once a day for several weeks, but did not keep that schedule and probably did them 5-6 times a week. I also continued to lift weights and do pull-ups, which had caused the problem. In less than 3 weeks, my pain had disappeared and has not come back. What I would emphasize is that I tried to do them exactly as recommended. I've seen too many people in physical therapy who don't do the PT exercises the way they are instructed.

Old 02-29-2016, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
Yep, nothing says "proven medical therapy" like "testimonials"

Show even one independent study that documents efficacy.....I won't hold my breath while you search
Testimonials speak for themselves.

Customer Testimonials

Old 03-03-2016, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Testimonials speak for themselves.

Customer Testimonials
"Testimonials" are worthless drivel that 99% of the time are written by the company's own PR firm....

Old 03-04-2016, 02:15 PM

Gee, how did I know you would say that. You are a very pessimistic person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness