U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 04:48 PM

2,739 posts, read 8,016,926 times

Advertisements

Don't play Russian roulette with your health....I'd see a doc ASAP. It might be "nothing", but then again....

Bud
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2007, 08:39 PM

1,352 posts, read 5,872,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMachine View Post
I don't think this is a bladder infection. The back pain and foul taste in the mouth makes me think it could be kidney problems. Other symptoms include fatigue, itching, weight loss, feeling cold, and changes in urination. You can read more here:

Life Options | Kidney Disease Info | 10 Symptoms
Thanks for the info here...i read through those symptoms and i didn't really have any of them accept maybe a little pain in my back but i havent felt those pains since i stopped drinking cola and beer a week and a half ago ...and before that i only had those pains for a day or two and they werent at the level explained in the examples

Old 11-21-2007, 02:07 AM

5 posts, read 31,839 times
kidney stones were my first thought as well, but i was also wondering about dehydration. all that drinking really can clean you out of water without you even realizing it. if you have any other symptoms of dehydration i would suggest picking up a waterbottle and refilling it several times a day. and yes, you should definately go see a doctor.

Old 11-21-2007, 02:10 AM

10,739 posts, read 32,384,355 times
I had kidney stones and the pain was worse then anything I have ever felt before.

The fact that he didn't feel that kind of pain made me think bladder infection.

I hope he comes back to tell us what is wrong, I guess I am too nosey.

Old 11-21-2007, 02:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
I had kidney stones and the pain was worse then anything I have ever felt before.

The fact that he didn't feel that kind of pain made me think bladder infection.

I hope he comes back to tell us what is wrong, I guess I am too nosey.
don't worry ....i will let you know....i appreciate your "nosey-ness"..LOL.....I have my appointment at 2pm tommorow and should know more tommorow night....just to clarify..it is 4:24am on November 21 and the appointment is the 22nd so ill get back on here tommorow night....Thanks again

Old 11-21-2007, 02:28 AM

10,739 posts, read 32,384,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by THASPECIAL View Post
don't worry ....i will let you know....i appreciate your "nosey-ness"..LOL.....I have my appointment at 2pm tommorow and should know more tommorow night....just to clarify..it is 4:24am on November 21 and the appointment is the 22nd so ill get back on here tommorow night....Thanks again
I hope its something simple and easy to take care of. Seeing the doctor and dealing with all that is annoying as all get out too me. Good luck.

Old 11-21-2007, 03:52 PM

Well I just got back from the doctor's office and he said that there was alot of white blood cells in my urine which means it is probably an infection of some kind.....i told him about all the stuff i said here and he said that the drinking isnt what caused this because he said i wasnt drinking enough to really hurt my kidneys yet...but he said i should cut back on it though....he also gave me some antibiotics to take for the week and after that he was going to see if the white blood cells went down and hope that the red blood cells go up...if that doesn't happen then he is going to give me that test where the doctor grabs my private area and make me cough ....i forgot the name of that test.....well it doesnt look to serious with my organs as of now but the infection is probably there ....we just dont know what kind of infection just yet....i'll keep you guys posted and thanks again to everyone for the concern and time reading this thread

Old 11-21-2007, 04:02 PM

2,493 posts, read 3,436,598 times
Quote:
Well I just got back from the doctor's office and he said that there was alot of white blood cells in my urine which means it is probably an infection of some kind.....i told him about all the stuff i said here and he said that the drinking isnt what caused this because he said i wasnt drinking enough to really hurt my kidneys yet...but he said i should cut back on it though....he also gave me some antibiotics to take for the week and after that he was going to see if the white blood cells went down and hope that the red blood cells go up...if that doesn't happen then he is going to give me that test where the doctor grabs my private area and make me cough ....i forgot the name of that test.....well it doesnt look to serious with my organs as of now but the infection is probably there ....we just dont know what kind of infection just yet....i'll keep you guys posted and thanks again to everyone for the concern and time reading this thread
That's good. Did you tell him about the funny taste in your mouth? I'm still concerned....

Old 11-21-2007, 09:00 PM

2,886 posts, read 7,622,635 times
Quote:
Urinary Tract Infection;
I'm glad that you finally got to see a doctor; and that it's nothing serious.
Thanks for keeping us posted;
Happy Thanksgiving
God Bless

Old 11-22-2007, 05:24 AM

5,006 posts, read 14,109,414 times
I had to delete the other thread you just started on this same subject as cross posting, but I brought your question here.

Quote:
My doctor put me on antibiotics because he is trying to figure out if the blood spots i had in my underwear are an infection or something more serious.....Well i am hesitant now to take the antibiotic because it says to tell the doctor if you have been drinking heavily (which i was up until a week and a half ago_)....i told him i was drinking but he didnt go into detail as to how much and wouldnt let me explain..he moved on to the next question really fast which threw me off so i dont know if the drinking would affect my response to this antibiotic.....now i have only been drinking water or cranberry juice for the last week and a half (no beer).....so im concerned that the blood spots might be a cist in my kidney or some other problem from my liver or kidney.....because i do have some weird back pains even though the blood spots havent shown up anymore...i am worried that these antibiotics could cause more damage to my kidney if the kidney is actually the problem.....should i just take a chance with this drug and take it so the doctor can find out if its an infection or should i ask him to take my blood or something else and test that first.....they said my white blood cell count was high after testing my urine so i feel that the strength of this antibiotic might make it harder on my immune system and kidneys.....what should i do?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An antibiotic would help your kidneys, not cause it damage. I would certainly take them. And if you don't feel that they are working after 3 or 4 days, call the doctor back. Sometimes antibiotics have to be changed because one kind doesn't work. Did he do a culture to see which antibiotic would work? My husband drinks and takes antibiotics, so don't worry about that. Cranberry is a great idea. The powdered cranberry, from health food store, they say is better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness