Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2013, 08:47 AM

1,721 posts, read 1,624,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
My job just had an inservice on this.
Now,I don't agree with this,but here goes..

Hand sanitizer is actually better at killing germs than washing hands with soap and water.the article stated it is the only way to decontaminate hands
On the Doctor's they said use hand sanitizer but wipe your hands with a paper towel after, otherwise you are just smearing the germs and dirt around on your hands. Good point!

Old 08-29-2013, 08:50 AM

1,721 posts, read 1,624,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archguy View Post
I can't believe people even respond to these nitwit threads
Well it's kind of fun! And amusing!

Old 08-29-2013, 08:53 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,543,579 times
Quote:
Plain soap and water will not decomtaminate germs on hands unless used with a lot of friction.

A waterless,alcohol based hand gel works better,because it does decomtaminate germs without friction needed.

An alternatuve is using an antibacterial soap and water with lots of friction.

Before clinet care,we have to wash hands,then apply hand sanitizer,and of course,put on gloves.

Also,if hands are visibly soiled,you have to wash hands,then use hand sanitizer,then gloves.

Now,I don't agree with this of course.
Anitbacterial soap is the reason for resistant bacteria strains.
The antibacterial fad is silly. Within seconds you have bacteria and germs by the millions back on your skin, it's natural and nothing to be afraid of.
Soap and water are sufficient for the typical oil and dirt.
You could always wear white gloves, as the ladies used to do.

Sanitizers use alcohol. I think soap and water is more reasonable than carrying a bottle of alcohol, or using wipes. Washrooms are generally handy.

Old 08-29-2013, 08:59 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,543,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlelu View Post
When I visit a relative and his family there is no soap of any kind or towels by the sink in any of the 3 bathrooms. I did find an empty shampoo bottle in the shower, so I got the dregs from it to wash my hands! Husband, wife and 3 children. Evidently if they were responding to this question, they would say no!!!
Why wouldn't you ask? I would have.

Old 08-29-2013, 09:30 AM

2,754 posts, read 7,403,200 times
Quote:
My job just had an inservice on this.
Now,I don't agree with this,but here goes..

Hand sanitizer is actually better at killing germs than washing hands with soap and water.the article stated it is the only way to decontaminate hands
Proudly sponsored by Purell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
I actually try my very best not to use public restrooms.......
I actually prefer to get my #2s out of the way at my work restroom, which is quite public given 75 or more guys in our office. Saves me water and toilet paper at home lol yeah I'm cheap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Me too since the 70s....always....even in public restrooms...I have
a routine of a soapy paper towel, a rinse and then a dry towel.
Thank you very much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by christina0001 View Post
I cook and eat using my hands. I don't eat with my ass.

I'm a little more worried about sanitizing my hands. I'm okay with waiting until I shower for my other parts.
Yeah I just hate using a dry paper towel only. I always feel dirty if I don't use water to at least wipe it all away. I'm not saying it needs to be doused with soap, shampoo, sanitizer, baby wipes and blow dry, lol. But if I just wipe dry, it will stay crusty down there. And with having to sit at work or at home, it's definitely spreading around down there, in my underwear, what with the weight of my body and moving around and all. Of course underwear wasn't meant to be as clean as a dress shirt, but it just bothers me.

Old 08-29-2013, 10:09 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,293,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NARFALICIOUS View Post

I actually prefer to get my #2s out of the way at my work restroom, which is quite public given 75 or more guys in our office. Saves me water and toilet paper at home lol yeah I'm cheap

Pleasant.

Old 08-29-2013, 10:09 AM

43,011 posts, read 107,839,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NARFALICIOUS View Post
Question 3:So since most believe that the only way to clean your hands is with soap and water, why do you (collective) only use dry toilet paper to wipe your butt ? And still call yourself clean?
I do use more than dry toilet paper when necessary. To answer your question about the collective population, the reason is because most people don't touch their faces with their butts. The reason we wash hands is so they are clean when you touch your eyes, nose, mouth and prepare food that will go into people's mouths. I sure hope YOU don't do those things with your rear end! Seriously, though, your rear end isn't spreading germs from/to the environment like your hands.

Old 08-29-2013, 01:55 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,708,579 times
this has gotten to be TMI and is closed.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.